Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2005   #21
Fast_Willie_Parker
waterboy

Default Steelers 28 Oilers 9 lol

Steelers O-Line is too much for Houston.
Fast_Willie_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #22
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

The steelers pick up where buffalo left off and decimate the texans
Late in the 4th quarter after the game has been decided and pittsburgh has gone into a prevent defense, the texans score a mercy touchdown

Steelers 30
Texans 10

Last edited by Crank_It_Up; 09-15-2005 at 01:41 PM.
Crank_It_Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #23
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

DAAAAAAAA Bears da bears da bears da bears da bears!
now all i need is Polish sausage and a hula skirt!
HardKnockTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #24
Ward86
Rookie

I have to say
Steelers 28
Texans 10
Ward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #25
cyanides
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Pittsburgh - 117
Houston - 9

Carr throws 8 INT's and is sacked 17 times before getting benched. Banks and Ragone both get sacked and injured on their first play. Jabar Gaffney enters the game at QB to lead the offense to its only touchdown.

Go Texans!
Still trying to figure this one out. Did we miss the extra point and score a field goal or did our defense actually get enough push that they sacked Big Ben in the endzone?

I hope the Texans win but I don't think it will happen.

Pitt - 34
Hou - 7
(Steelers/Titans score from last week)
cyanides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #26
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanides
Still trying to figure this one out. Did we miss the extra point and score a field goal or did our defense actually get enough push that they sacked Big Ben in the endzone?

I hope the Texans win but I don't think it will happen.

Pitt - 34
Hou - 7
(Steelers/Titans score from last week)
No he fell over laughing at us....
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #27
rick723
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
I'm hoping for a complete reversal, but honestly I might as well prepare myself for a loss. I don't think it will be near as ugly as Buffalo(hope not anyway) but if they surprise me and play well enough to pull out a win, I'd love to be wrong.
I hope you are right, since I am from Pittsburgh. I really want to see Ben do well this year. If Fast Willie keeps it up, Duce comes in and pounds. Ben May throw 200 passes and have a great year
rick723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2005   #28
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans-24
Steelers-20
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #29
Texas_Heat
Veteran

Texans 24 Steelers 21
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #30
Diehardtexan
Veteran

38-10 steelers
only because Dick LeBau has Caper's number

Last edited by Diehardtexan; 09-15-2005 at 03:08 PM.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #31
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Y'alls predictions are rediculous!!!

Here is what is going to happen.

The steelers out play the Texans in the first half and are up...24-14 after a few crazy turnovers and both defenses scoring.

After sitting in the hot texas sun all day, in those black uniforms the steelers really start to feel the heat in the 3rd and 4th quarters...Texans come back to make it 24-24.

Big Ben drops back for the pass and Plaxico comes running out of the Tunnel (Giants uniform and all). Plaxico catches the 55 yard bomb for the TD. Totally confused the refs aren't sure what to do. While the refs are discussing it, Plaxico demads Cohwer pays him $600K in cash for the touch down, because that what he insists the fair market value of the touchdown is. The Steelers decline to pay Plaxico the money, but the Texans are willing to cough up the cash and the refs reward the TD to the Texans.

The Texans win 31-24.
there you have it folks.

PS: if the roof is closed the Steelers win 48-3
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #32
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

rothlesburger downgraded to questionable although its the defense and running game that seem to do it with this team and tommy maddux isn't half bad either its still a slight boost.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #33
Mongoose
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
rothlesburger downgraded to questionable although its the defense and running game that seem to do it with this team and tommy maddux isn't half bad either its still a slight boost.
Yeah, but Tommy didn't do too well last time the Steelers played the Texans.

It doesn't sound like Roethlisberger has anything too serious going on, though. I'd bet that he starts.

Mongoose
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #34
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

The Steelers haven't changed their formula much. They'll run at you all day, Roethlisberger won't throw more than 20 passes, and they'll play rock-solid D. The trick to beating the Steelers this year will be getting out to a fast start, taking an early lead, and making Big Ben beat you with his arm. He might just do that... but it's still your best chance.
Old 09-15-2005   #35
ojthecat
Veteran

Default What is going to happen on Sunday

Hey what do you think will happen on Sunday? I mean will our Texans lay another egg or will we bounce back and win or at least play respectable?
On paper (after last week) this looks like a total mismatch but over the past couple of years we have seen the Texans loose and then come back with their A -Game. I am totally confused at this point. I believe that we have the talen but Palmers play calling has me baffeled. I just know that I will be there and as loud as possible to try and help in any way I can.
Old 09-15-2005   #36
Mongoose
Rookie

I say the Steelers win on the strength of their execution, but that they have to fight for everything they get.

Mongoose
Old 09-15-2005   #37
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojthecat
I just know that I will be there and as loud as possible to try and help in any way I can.
Dude, exactly! One of the great things about football is the 12-man. The fact that WE, as fans, can have even a little influence on a game (sometimes a big influence) is awesome.

It is up to us to keep the Steelers' offense from getting their groove. Missed audibles and false starts by opposing teams are our specialties, and we have to be fired up for this game. Plus, you know it pumps up our D!!

Anyway, I'm not sure what's going to happen. It's hard to get a line on the feel of the team right now, as it's so early in the season.

But I believe that they will put up a good fight and play like a team that has been working on improving.
Old 09-15-2005   #38
Mongoose
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPats
The Steelers haven't changed their formula much. They'll run at you all day, Roethlisberger won't throw more than 20 passes, and they'll play rock-solid D. The trick to beating the Steelers this year will be getting out to a fast start, taking an early lead, and making Big Ben beat you with his arm. He might just do that... but it's still your best chance.
His recognition and field vision are improving, but he still has a long way to go. We Steelers fans are hoping that the TE gets involved more in the passing game to spread the secondary a little thinner.

If Parker is for real, he could be a great weapon. You can't just flood the A-gaps against a guy with that kind of speed. Against Bettis and Staley? Meh.

Mongoose
Old 09-15-2005   #39
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be screaming too (from up in the rafters, my tickets to this one stink) but I have a bad feeling about this one. I'm thinking they beat the stuffing out of us. Then they beat the stuffing some more. This kid they've got starting for Bettis and Staley is scary.
Old 09-15-2005   #40
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 23
Steelers 21

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read