Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2005   #1
rick723
Rookie

Default Steelers

Sooooo, what's youns guys take on the Steelers this weekend?
rick723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #2
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

They'll win by a large margin.
Old 09-14-2005   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I'm hoping for a complete reversal, but honestly I might as well prepare myself for a loss. I don't think it will be near as ugly as Buffalo(hope not anyway) but if they surprise me and play well enough to pull out a win, I'd love to be wrong.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #4
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Texan-Steeler Prediction....

Being from Pittsburgh, I know both coaches all to well. Cowher in NO WAY will try to run the score up on Houston, and one of his favorite past coaches. They will run 85% of the time, grinding it out, making it the most boring game of the year to attend. If we blitz, our only chance, forcing Big Ben to read defenses, we may get a few turnovers. Our Offense, with Capers pulling the strings and not permitting Palmer to throw down field against so-so corners for the Steelers, or use three step drops, the Texans will play right into the heart of the Burgh, Run stuffing!!!! Carr throws for 150 yds, 3 ints, against a brilliantly run defense. Pittsburgh dominates!!!!

Steelers - 24
Houston - 3

Old 09-15-2005   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Screw it. This team is completely unpredictable anyway.

Houston 21
Pittsburgh 20

This is how you turn around a season!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #6
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Pittsburgh - 117
Houston - 9

Carr throws 8 INT's and is sacked 17 times before getting benched. Banks and Ragone both get sacked and injured on their first play. Jabar Gaffney enters the game at QB to lead the offense to its only touchdown.

Go Texans!
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #7
cadahnic
All Pro

Man I cant wait got a nice lux box to watch the game in. the homer in me wants the Texans to pull one out and set the mark for the season. But the truth is we have a terrible OC and a good frustrated QB that needs to learn to throw while on his ***. I gotta go with the Burg.

Pitt- 27
Hou-10
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2005   #8
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 31
steelers 13

On our 1st offensive possesion, Carr hits Andre on the quick out, Andre breaks the 1st tackle, puts a move on the 2nd guy and he's gone, 75yards later we're up by 6 just like that.

Steelers 1st possesion, they run all 3 times, and we slam it shut on them...they punt, and P Buch shows he can do it, makes a nifty return for 85 yards and we're now up by 14!

Steelers next possesion, after a block in the back penalty on the kick off, little Ben starts flinging it and Dunta makes a pick...from here on out, it's Domanick left and Domanick right, he gets 2 TDS on the day and 145 yards, the steelers go back to the rust belt 1-1 and we go to the bye week 1-1 and all is good in the Texans Nation!

Battle Red Bunch Rules!!!

REMEMBER these simple rules:
1. When we have the ball on offense, QUIET until the snap.
2. When the opposing team has the ball on offense, NOISE.
3. Repeat until victory is ours.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #9
CoolieMan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Machine
Texans 31
steelers 13

On our 1st offensive possesion, Carr hits Andre on the quick out, Andre breaks the 1st tackle, puts a move on the 2nd guy and he's gone, 75yards later we're up by 6 just like that.

Steelers 1st possesion, they run all 3 times, and we slam it shut on them...they punt, and P Buch shows he can do it, makes a nifty return for 85 yards and we're now up by 14!

Steelers next possesion, after a block in the back penalty on the kick off, little Ben starts flinging it and Dunta makes a pick...from here on out, it's Domanick left and Domanick right, he gets 2 TDS on the day and 145 yards, the steelers go back to the rust belt 1-1 and we go to the bye week 1-1 and all is good in the Texans Nation!

Battle Red Bunch Rules!!!

REMEMBER these simple rules:
1. When we have the ball on offense, QUIET until the snap.
2. When the opposing team has the ball on offense, NOISE.
3. Repeat until victory is ours.
Thanks for the laugh....I really needed it this morning....
CoolieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #10
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I'm going with my original prediction 2 months ago. I knew we were going to lose to Buffalo on opening day (just not quite in the fashion that they did).

But I'm going for a complete turnaround this weekend.

Pittsburgh-17
Houston-20
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #11
SteelBlueToro
Veteran

Unfortunately...

Steelers 45
Texans 3
SteelBlueToro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I think the Texans play much better than last week, but lose.

Pittsburgh 27, Texans 20
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

What I'm really thinking is something like:

Houston: 0
Pittsburgh: 26

But, hey, at least we can show off our new stadium to them!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Steelers 24

Texans 14
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #15
aphia1996
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to aphia1996
Default Texans Win, Texas WIN!! TEXANS WIN!!!

That is right..David Carr, AJ and DD take it to the STEELERS and we WIN!!!

TEXANS-21
steelers-17

James H.
Houston, TX
aphia1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #16
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Well I was wrong when I felt we'd beat Buffalo in the season opener so here's hoping I'm wrong again.

Steelers - 27

Texans - 20
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #17
SESupergenius

The only way to beat the Steelers is to spread them out with the passing attack. Which offense shows up is anyone guess, but the way we've been playing hasn't been too good. We need to open it up and do as Carr says, be aggressive on offense and not play so conservative. That is our only hope.

Texans get it in gear.

Texans 23
Steelers 17
Old 09-15-2005   #18
crazy4u310
Rookie

Texans 17
Steelers 13
crazy4u310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Who wins? I do because it is my first home game in a year. Nonetheless, the Texans 24, Pitt 14.

Iron City beer and Pramanti Borothers cheeseteaks don't travel well, so we may be able to drown out their supporters at the stadium.

By the way, after the game Cowher's jaw bone is put on injured reserve.
Old 09-15-2005   #20
gospartans20

Steelers 34-Texans 13

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read