Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-14-2005   #1
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ohio St. TE received hate mail for dropped pass....

http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http:/...091422&srvc=sz

Now come on. That's crazy. Are Ohio State fans in that much denial?
Old 09-15-2005   #2
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Denial? No.

Pissed that he dropped the pass? Yeah.

Why would you call that denial?

BTW, those are pathetic fans that did that.
Old 09-15-2005   #3
LonghornBabe
Tubin' Chic

Rep Power: 573 LonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LonghornBabe Send a message via Yahoo to LonghornBabe

I am not surprised at all. Those fans were MEAN!! They made Oklahoma, Arkansas and Tech fans look like sweet little kittens.

Kimberly
Check out my blog at kimberlyskakery.com
LonghornBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #4
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

People have to remeber, as great of a game as it is, its still just a game.
Old 09-16-2005   #5
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

As big as that game was, if you haven't experienced a game between Ohio State and Michigan, you really haven't experienced the king of football rivalries.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #6
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

The kicker missed a FG by about a yard. Zwick fumbled at the end of the game. But I have to admit, the play that will be forever remembered from this game, will be that dropped TD. IF Texas wins it all, that play will be remembered like the Nebraska kicked ball (against Missouri), the Colorado 5th down (also against Missouri), the Arkansas QB using the ball to break his fall (helping Tennessee win it all), etc. It seems like most championship teams have that one play that made it all possible.

It is uncool that the fans lambasted him like that. Get a life!
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #7
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
As big as that game was, if you haven't experienced a game between Ohio State and Michigan, you really haven't experienced the king of football rivalries.
when Tressel first came to Ohio State, he said he would not prepare for Michigan like a normal game, because it wasn't a normal game. I coulda kissed him right there
Old 09-16-2005   #8
Haams
All Pro

People need to get over that play. Tell me Santonio Holmes would make that same TD catch in the same situation again. Tell me Wright and Robison would drop those two easy interceptions again. Tell me the game wouldn't have been different if Dave Thomas hadn't had 2 drops on third down. Too point to that one play is stupid, we could point to individual plays all day, they go both ways. It's all those plays added together that make a game.

And sending death threats about a football game...that's signs of a serious problem.
Haams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #9
Haams
All Pro

unless you send 'em to a sooner.
Haams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #10
LonghornBabe
Tubin' Chic

Rep Power: 573 LonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LonghornBabe Send a message via Yahoo to LonghornBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan

Sassy..I know the only way I would attend that game is if it is at Michigan. Their fans were awesome when Texas played them in the Rose Bowl. Ohio State fans made me a HUGE Michigan Fan!!

Now I have 3 favorite team....The Longhorns, Anyone playing OU, and Anyone playing Ohio State!

Kimberly
Check out my blog at kimberlyskakery.com
LonghornBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #11
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornBabe
Sassy..I know the only way I would attend that game is if it is at Michigan. Their fans were awesome when Texas played them in the Rose Bowl. Ohio State fans made me a HUGE Michigan Fan!!

Now I have 3 favorite team....The Longhorns, Anyone playing OU, and Anyone playing Ohio State!
LHB, no comment. ..hehe
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

My brother always rooted for Michigan for some reason even though we grew up here in Houston (he ended up going to A&M). It rubbed off on me. I now root for Michigan unless they are playing a Texas team.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #13
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

They're showing the replay of the game now.

For all the stuff that kid has had to go through, it shouldn't have mattered. Pittman (tOSU RB) fumbled the ball a few plays earlier. They ruled him down but it was a fumble. Should've been Texas' ball.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #14
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

I went to high school with this kid and the reason everyone was pissed is because he has great hands. In high school he made one handed catches at least once a game, no exaggeration. And say what you want about OSU fans but they are loyal to their team no matter what. They sell out every game and they despise whoever they are playing. Last year when they played michigan at the horseshoe, the atmosphere was the greatest thing i have ever seen. 100's of thousands of people in the city, over 100,000 at the game. The streets were covered in Scarlet and Grey. It is the best place to go for a game. And that drop he was pathetic but there were many other plays that OSU should have done better on and defeated the Longhorns. However, I am now convinced that Vince Young will be a stud in the NFL.
Cincinnatikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #15
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I can promise you that there are thousands of Texas fans that will disagree with the notion that tOSU is "the best place to go for a game".
Old 09-24-2005   #16
lucky13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornBabe

you are so ful of it. the trailer-trash in austin are as bad as they come. at least the OSU fans are sober.
Old 09-24-2005   #17
Theoridic
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Theoridic

Quote:
you are so ful of it. the trailer-trash in austin are as bad as they come. at least the OSU fans are sober.
First off you are an *****. I go to A&M and I can tell you that they are not trailer-trash, a little liberal maybe "for my taste". We may be drunk but at least we can pass a drug test hippie. Does it hurt when you watch the game.

Last edited by Theoridic; 09-24-2005 at 01:09 PM.
Theoridic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005   #18
Huge
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13
Wow...usually I would almost accept "being drunk" as an excuse. But if they behaved they way they did sober, imagine how bad it would've been if they were drunk.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read