Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2005   #61
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Open open open.....

Was listening to Sports610 a bit ago.

The Texans have had all their practices outside this week. I betcha the roof will be open and the team will be in white.

IIRC from a Reliant tour I did, the decision whether to open the roof is done 90 minutes before the game starts and is made by Mr. McNair. They can close the roof once during the game if necessary, but it cannot be reopened.

During the tour, they said they measure the loudness of the stadium with the roof closed and open and the loudness is the same. Of course, if fans leave, or stay up in the club level bar more because it is hot, then I guess it would get more quiet. But if the game is good, it shouldn't matter, and beside, I don't suspect the folks in the club level do much more than golf clap anyways.

So, expect the Steelers to be in black, sitting on the sunny side of the stadium. You can tell how it effects the opposing teams, because you can see the players all trying to migrate to the sliver of shade on that side of the field.

I'm gonna just assume that the roof will be open. So, put on yer sunscreen and wear a hat and sunglasses. And wear less clothes, of course.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #62
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
During the tour, they said they measure the loudness of the stadium with the roof closed and open and the loudness is the same.
I haven't missed a home game yet--it may be a lack of perceptiveness, but IMO it isn't any louder with the roof closed.

Quote:
And wear less clothes, of course.
Now that merits a whoo-hooo.
Old 09-15-2005   #63
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default hmmmm

I just got my email about the Texans-Steelers game. This is the first time I've seen them do a warning that the roof is likely to be open and to dress "appropriately."

I am guessing it will be open unless there is some nasty stormy stuff nearby.

"ROOF DECISION
With the expected weather forecast for Sunday, the roof will most likely be open. Please dress appropriately and stay hydrated throughout the day. Final decision will be made by 10:00AM and will be announced on ABC-13's Gameday Central and SportsRadio 610's Countdown to Kickoff Show."

Of course, most of us are already there or are on the way by 10, so I guess they just wanted to give fans a headsup that they intend to smelt the Steelers.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #64
Mongoose
Rookie

Quote:

Of course, most of us are already there or are on the way by 10, so I guess they just wanted to give fans a headsup that they intend to smelt the Steelers.
It's worth a try, I guess, but I still think the Texans defense may get the worst of the weather. They're the ones who figure to deal with about 45 rushing plays. And Pittsburgh is currently starting a guy with the speed to get outside and downfield.

If I were the Texans, though, I'd still give it a shot.

Mongoose
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #65
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Ahhh the Bullpen is gonna roast! But I love it!!
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #66
Elite
Veteran

i doubt the heat will give us the advantage i mean the steelers are a class act organisation with real coaching we need a miracle not the roof to be open but all thing aside i hope we win
Old 09-16-2005   #67
Steelersund

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Cool. It's already in his head.

90 degree weather last week in Pittsburgh? Yeaaahright.
Here's their weather almanac from last Sunday when they played the Titans at home:

Max Temperature 82 F
Min Temperature 57 F
Dew Point 50 F
Average Humidity 54

Cowher's boys in for a rude awakening if the Texans finally wise up and keep the roof open on a early season game against a black uniformed opponent.

But unfortunately, they will probably yield once again to the fan comfort aspect. I say screw fan comfort - we need every advantage we can get.
NOT even close. We have had some decent weather up here this year, mid 90's. Sounds about perfect. The hotter, more humid, the better. I love this stuff. Good luck this week guys!

BTW, with the heat in last weeks game here in the burgh, the Steelers still wore their black uni's.
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2005   #68
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
NOT even close
I copied that from the National Weather Service (actual gameday weather in Pitt last Sunday) so not only is it close, it's the official historical record.

It's not fit for man or beast on the visitor sideline in the second half so you better have a big lead at halftime.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #69
CoolieMan
Rookie

Quote:
I'm gonna just assume that the roof will be open. So, put on yer sunscreen and wear a hat and sunglasses. And wear less clothes, of course.
Exactly...especially you females....wear as little as you can.....
CoolieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #70
phoenix711
waterboy

Default Roof Open

Looks like the roof is going to be open. I guess the club will be busy
phoenix711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #71
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix711
Looks like the roof is going to be open. I guess the club will be busy
where did you hear this.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #72
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

"ROOF DECISION
With the expected weather forecast for Sunday, the roof will most likely be open. Please dress appropriately and stay hydrated throughout the day. Final decision will be made by 10:00AM and will be announced on ABC-13's Gameday Central and SportsRadio 610's Countdown to Kickoff Show."

Sooooo ... the game plan is to make Steelers wear black and have them sweat.
Some game plan!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #73
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

The Steelers players will definitely be worn out in the 4th if the roof is open, and the sun is out. It could effect the Texans as well, but we are more used to it. I think the heat and humidity was a key reason the Dolphins were able to upset the Broncos. Perhaps the Texans can have the same homefield advantage.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #74
poisonz28
waterboy

93.7 the arrow had yalls TE Mark Bruener on and he says the roof would be open.
poisonz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #75
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolieMan
Exactly...especially you females....wear as little as you can.....

I'll be there in my sari ....... as soon as I can figure out how to put it on!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #76
phoenix711
waterboy

Recieved E-mail from Texans
phoenix711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #77
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 62 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

The cold front will not come down through our area (but could set us up for some fun weather later today, pulse severe from the outflow of the cold front clashing with the seabreeze front we get most everyday, so I doubt there will be anything chaseable but may merit some quality time watching from my lawn chair in the garage...), so expect highs in the mid to upper 90s with dp of 75 or more...and a heat index of 105+.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low near 75. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 97. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.
Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 74.
Compliments of the NWS. Houston's lows are typically at 6:15-7am in the morning.

Aaah, Houston in the fall. Glad y'all could come down and enjoy it. Please wear black to enhance the experience.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #78
Ward86
Rookie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix711
Recieved E-mail from Texans

Do they clear all their decisions with you??
Ward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #79
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward86
Do they clear all their decisions with you??
No, but the Texans sent out an email to be prepared for the roof to be open by drinking plenty of water and staying cool.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #80
Ward86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
No, but the Texans sent out an email to be prepared for the roof to be open by drinking plenty of water and staying cool.

That is sad that you guys are counting on weather to beat the Steelers. News flash.... Pittsburgh gets into the high 90's with extreme humidity and they just broke camp a few weeks ago. Weather will NOT make them play like a bunch of bums.
I am sure that the heat will turn Carr into an all pro though
Ward86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read