Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2005   #21
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolieMan
I was born and raised here in Houston so I am well aware of what the weather is like....

since I will be at the game....I vote for roof closed......
I am happy for you that you were born here. Thank you for pointing that out. My day is now complete.

Cowher isn't fully realizing the power of Houston's humidity. THAT is what I was pointing out.

Since I am at every home game....
ROOF OPEN!
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #22
CoolieMan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
I am happy for you that you were born here. Thank you for pointing that out. My day is now complete.

Cowher isn't fully realizing the power of Houston's humidity. THAT is what I was pointing out.

Since I am at every home game....
ROOF OPEN!
He has played in Miami early in the season and I am sure that the weather here is not going to be a surprise....what did you expect him to say? "Please Texans, close the roof....my guys won't stand a chance with it open"....
CoolieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #23
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

CoolieMan,
BORN and RAISED in Houston and your a STEELER fan of all things? Don't you have any hometown love?
jaayteetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #24
CoolieMan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx
CoolieMan,
BORN and RAISED in Houston and your a STEELER fan of all things? Don't you have any hometown love?
I love the Astros and the Rockets......

my dad is a damn yankee from PA...that is where the love of Steelers came from.....
Old 09-14-2005   #25
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He has played in Miami early in the season and I am sure that the weather here is not going to be a surprise....what did you expect him to say? "Please Texans, close the roof....my guys won't stand a chance with it open"....
He is acclimated to up north. If you are not here and dealing with it on a regular basis, it is quite debilitating to face. Whether you have in the past or not.
This will not win the game (roof closed), but it puts more stress on Pittsburgh to perform harder in harsher conditions.
That is no picnic.
Old 09-14-2005   #26
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I hope one of your teams will be winning this weekend.....Go Astros!
jaayteetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #27
CoolieMan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
He is acclimated to up north. If you are not here and dealing with it on a regular basis, it is quite debilitating to face. Whether you have in the past or not.
This will not win the game (roof closed), but it puts more stress on Pittsburgh to perform harder in harsher conditions.
That is no picnic.
not that it is exactly the same, but the Houston cougars played Oregan a few weeks ago and left the roof open....it seemed to affect the coogs more than the ducks.....(granted, the ducks just had more talent)
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2005   #28
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Quote:
not that it is exactly the same, but the Houston cougars played Oregan a few weeks ago and left the roof open....it seemed to affect the coogs more than the ducks.....(granted, the ducks just had more talent)
The Cougs didn't know how to perform in low humidity conditions.
Old 09-14-2005   #29
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
as if what anyone posts here will have any effect on the Texans decision.....
Just forwarded this thread to multiple members of the Texans front office. Thanks for the idea.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #30
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx
CoolieMan,
I was going to ask the same thing.

Especially at age 39, CoolieMan already knows what the Steelers mean to this town...."Luv Ya Blue" ring any bells?

Interesting to note that you're not a Pirates fan, though...

GO TEXANS!
Old 09-14-2005   #31
CoolieMan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I was going to ask the same thing.

Especially at age 39, CoolieMan already knows what the Steelers mean to this town...."Luv Ya Blue" ring any bells?

Interesting to note that you're not a Pirates fan, though...

GO TEXANS!
Yes I do....I loved the games in the 70's....half my family was rooting for the Steelers and half for the Oilers....made for great fun during and after the game.....like when Renfro was juggling the ball when he went out of bounds in the AFC Championship game in '79.......
Old 09-14-2005   #32
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I know that I'm in the minority on this, and a win is a win, but I just don't think it makes all that much difference if we beat a great team in September at home because they wore black uniforms and we had the roof open. If and when we meet them in the playoffs there's not going to be any 75% humidity to rely on. We're either better than they are or we're not.

Safe to say right now that we're not.
Doesn't make a difference?

Best Record in the Month of September = Miami Dolphins
I think Green Bay has the best record in the Winter months.

It would make all the sense in the world to make the stadium as hot is possible. That is if the goal is to win.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #33
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if having the the roof open is that much of an advantage. Our players will be too hot, and theirs will be a little bit more too hot. Everybody will be too hot.

As a runner in this heat, I find no matter how much you acclimate it is still draining.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #34
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I might add that training in the heat and humidity does make you feel very strong when you work out in a cooler environment.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #35
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
.....like when Renfro was juggling the ball when he went out of bounds in the AFC Championship game in '79.......
wow, three hours and nobody's jumped on you for that little statement....
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #36
profan
Veteran

Open roof on hot day increases sales of all drinks. Roof will be open!
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #37
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
not as good as the Steelers Black & Gold ones....but better than most in the league...
Black and GOLD? That always cracks me up...it's clearly black and YELLOW.

The 49ers wear gold, the Steelers wear yellow.

With that said, the Steelers do have one of the best uniforms in the league.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #38
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Just forwarded this thread to multiple members of the Texans front office. Thanks for the idea.
And I just forwarded a notation to the same front office to be sure and REMEMBER all the comments that were sent to them last year, and during the off season, about the heat problem.

I still can't figure out why you macho guys think the heat will only effect the Steelers and not the Texans! Just because they will be wearing black?? They are TOUGH, and I don't think that will bother them what-so-ever! The organization will provide coolers for both teams down on the sidelines, so what difference does it make. The heat will not get to Rothliesburger (sp) but the NOISE will!!! Close the roof and then blow the sucker off!!! NOISE will effect that team much more than the heat!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #39
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
And I just forwarded a notation to the same front office to be sure and REMEMBER all the comments that were sent to them last year, and during the off season, about the heat problem.

I still can't figure out why you macho guys think the heat will only effect the Steelers and not the Texans! Just because they will be wearing black?? They are TOUGH, and I don't think that will bother them what-so-ever! The organization will provide coolers for both teams down on the sidelines, so what difference does it make. The heat will not get to Rothliesburger (sp) but the NOISE will!!! Close the roof and then blow the sucker off!!! NOISE will effect that team much more than the heat!
As a person that has played football in the Houston heat, albeit in High School, noise can be blocked out and ignored, that heat and humidity can not be. That kind of heat and humidity is a palpable force in itself, but once you add the pads and the body heat of 70,000 people, it can be debilitating. With that kind of heat, you can't drink enough water, and if you aren't used to it, you are at a distinct disadvantage.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #40
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan

It isn't the thoughts of macho guys. You may not think it will bother them but history shows it WILL have an effect.

Fact - Historically Cold Weather teams struggle in september in the heat against southern teams.

The Texans need every edge they can get.
There is no color hotter than BLACK. It absorbs light/heat.
There is no color cooler than WHITE. It relects light/heat.

Air Conditioning is for the movie theater, not football.

A stadium can still be very very loud with the roof open. Some of the loudest crowds in the NFL play in open roof stadiums.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read