Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2005   #1
SUPER STEELER
waterboy

Question texans wearing home or away jerseys

Does anyone know what color jerseys texans will be wearing sunday versus the STEELERS.
SUPER STEELER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #2
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48

They usually wear white at home during the first half of the season.
Old 09-14-2005   #3
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

I'm almost certain we'll be in white so the Steelers will have to sport their black uni's in the Houston heat.
HardKnockTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #4
H-Town Steel
Rookie

Hot times

Houston's Reliant Stadium has a retractable roof that likely will be open for Sunday's game, which starts at 1 p.m.

"I would like to have it closed with the air conditioner on," Cowher said. "Somehow, I don't think they will do that. We will have our black jerseys on, but we had them on last week in 90-degree weather. We will be all right."

Pretty sure they the texans will wear white-
H-Town Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #5
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Cool. It's already in his head.

90 degree weather last week in Pittsburgh? Yeaaahright.
Here's their weather almanac from last Sunday when they played the Titans at home:

Max Temperature 82 F
Min Temperature 57 F
Dew Point 50 F
Average Humidity 54

Cowher's boys in for a rude awakening if the Texans finally wise up and keep the roof open on a early season game against a black uniformed opponent.

But unfortunately, they will probably yield once again to the fan comfort aspect. I say screw fan comfort - we need every advantage we can get.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #6
Ward86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Cool. It's already in his head.

90 degree weather last week in Pittsburgh? Yeaaahright.
Here's their weather almanac from last Sunday when they played the Titans at home:

Max Temperature 82 F
Min Temperature 57 F
Dew Point 50 F
Average Humidity 54

Cowher's boys in for a rude awakening if the Texans finally wise up and keep the roof open on a early season game against a black uniformed opponent.

But unfortunately, they will probably yield once again to the fan comfort aspect. I say screw fan comfort - we need every advantage we can get.
Believe it or not, it has been in the 90's for the past couple of weeks or high 80's. VERY unusual weather this time of year.
Ward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #7
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Must be something to it. Down here last week, the Broncos looked gassed against the Dolphins after the first quarter. On-field temp was measured at 100 degrees (but that's kinda like the "heat index," a stat designed to make things sound worse than they are) and the Broncos went down the tubes quickly. Houston has all the heat and humidity to compete with that advantage used in Miami.

A somewhat-related side note: the Broncos have never won a game in Miami. Ever.

I was in favor of closing the roof to make it louder, but let's go with the heat!
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2005   #8
CoolieMan
Rookie

as long as they don't break out the battle red I don't care what the Texans wear.......
CoolieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #9
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolieMan
as long as they don't break out the battle red I don't care what the Texans wear.......
Hate the color or our record in those uni's?
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #10
CoolieMan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Hate the color or our record in those uni's?
Not sure of the Texans record in those uni's but from the talk it seems to fire up the fans more, add that to it being the home opener and I don't want to see it......

Actually IMO they are the nicest looking Texans uni's......not as good as the Steelers Black & Gold ones....but better than most in the league...
Old 09-14-2005   #11
titanhater
Rookie

Default Just wondering

I wonder if they'll wear bags over their heads instead of helmets.

FYI...I like the red, then the white, then the blue uniforms.
titanhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Pink.

With lace around the sleeves.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #13
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I say screw fan comfort - we need every advantage we can get.
I second that notion. Sunblock and water will meet my comfort needs as long as it helps out the team.

Keep the roof open!!

*EDIT*--Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 94.

Last edited by TEXANS84; 09-14-2005 at 10:39 AM.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375231 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
No doubt, man. I get kinda' embarrassed about the softness of some of our fans when you see shirtless guy in the frozen tundra of Green Bay during December. Heck, all them northern teams in late season have some crazy fans.

And we have people that are scared to perspire.
Old 09-14-2005   #15
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I believe someone is aware of the power of our Battle Red.

It may have been near 90 up there in Penn, but we have a secret weapon. It can take down the strongest man on any day, and all of us live with it here in Houston and have built an immunity (some better than others).
What is it?

HUMIDITY.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #16
CoolieMan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
I believe someone is aware of the power of our Battle Red.

It may have been near 90 up there in Penn, but we have a secret weapon. It can take down the strongest man on any day, and all of us live with it here in Houston and have built an immunity (some better than others).
What is it?

HUMIDITY.
I was born and raised here in Houston so I am well aware of what the weather is like....

since I will be at the game....I vote for roof closed......
Old 09-14-2005   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Either the fans up there think 85 degrees is Hades or they can't read a thermometer.

Weather.com says 86 has been the highest high for the last week with most of the past week around 80. Let's see if they think 85 degrees, 50% humidity with a heat index of 87 feels the same as 95 degrees, 75% humididty and a heat index of 105+. The heat obviously affected the Raiders in the 2nd half last year.

Link
Old 09-14-2005   #18
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was born and raised here in Houston so I am well aware of what the weather is like....

since I will be at the game....I vote for roof closed......
So Steeler fans want roof closed, so open it is.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #19
CoolieMan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17
So Steeler fans want roof closed, so open it is.
as if what anyone posts here will have any effect on the Texans decision.....
Old 09-14-2005   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I know that I'm in the minority on this, and a win is a win, but I just don't think it makes all that much difference if we beat a great team in September at home because they wore black uniforms and we had the roof open. If and when we meet them in the playoffs there's not going to be any 75% humidity to rely on. We're either better than they are or we're not.

Safe to say right now that we're not.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read