Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Its been a couple of days

Goldeagle

Veteran
Do you feel better about this loss?? Are you still upset or have you calmed down a bit?

Lets make sure to cheer our guys and keep the boo birds to a minimum this sunday or at least dont start it up in the first quarter. I am not saying they dont deserve it, GOD KNOWS I was on this board blasting them from Peek dropping that interception but who cares considering Gaffney and Bradford do that for a living (DROPPING passes) and of course talking about the inability to block for Carr.

But I got all that out of me, I am a true Texan fan, and yeah they deserved everything, from Casserly and on down to the coaches and players, but this week, I say we do our job and Help our D with the noise level. Our stadium and our fans (us) are the best, BETTER than those in KC or Cleveland, so lets go out there and cheer our butts off

*DISCLAIMER*

If you guys show us the same performance like you did in Buffalo, expect the boos to start rolling though*

:texflag: :texans:

i wont ever boo my team. I might speak my displeasure through writing on these message boards or writing a long winded newspaper letter, but i cant boo the hometeam. It demoralizes them, and brings down a low team even further. Cheer for your team, be it from your couch or from the bullpen, because nobody else will do it for us. :texflag:

I was almost totally wrong about the O-line. It was TEs and RBs not blocking, mostly. Other than not blaming the O-line (for the PASS blocking anyway) anymore, I'm still upset. Don't know who to blame as far as coaches and such. I'm too confused. I suppose Capers has to have some of the blame in there somewhere, though. Like why are Murphy (can't block) and Bradford (can't get open) in the game? Why are they playing so much?

I've calmed down about the loss. The comments that the players made after the game along with the comments made by Justice and other writers in the Chronicle have given me hope. It isn't the actual comments that did it, it is the fact that people are saying what they feel and that's going to make things happen. No longer are people suppressing their frustrations because the team is new. It's the fourth year, and when they play like ****, they should hear about it. The comments made by the players show that they realize how much harder they are going to have to play if they want to get it done this year. Hopefully, this first loss will light a fire under their ***** and get this team pointed in the right direction. So to answer your question, I feel better now, and I am optimistic about Sunday. Go Texans!
:texflag:

People forget DD was fumbling and Carr was throwing to the wrong jersey the first few games last year. We were able to move the ball, though, and the reason was that teams had not yet adjusted to AJ. As the season continued, DD became more and more effective and Carr became less as teams learned how to cover AJ.

The trend with covering AJ has unfortunately continued, but I think we will improve. Clearly though something needs to change or its another year of mediocrity.

I tell you what. I better not see a whole lot of people in our stadium wearing Steeler jerseys. If so then that will look as if Texan fans can be bought. When I went to see the Texans play the Vikes, I was amazed at the people that were there for the Vikes.

I must say calmed I've calmed down and life goes on. Won't stop cheering for the Texans or be hurt when they disappoint. Its like when your kid does something bad/wrong; its hurts, your disappointed, but you still love'em. Heres to a better weekend!

El Tejano said:
I tell you what. I better not see a whole lot of people in our stadium wearing Steeler jerseys. If so then that will look as if Texan fans can be bought. When I went to see the Texans play the Vikes, I was amazed at the people that were there for the Vikes.

It was really bad against Green Bay too.

Steeler fans travel a lot with their team. Should have their fair share at Reliant this weekend. Hope they're also wearing black jerseys, lol

I still love the Texans, but for the first time I feel like something is really wrong with the team on several levels; players, coaches, maybe even the general management. Last Sunday I felt like I was used to us sucking, what a weird feeling. We'd do something sorry and I wouldn't even get aggravated, I just expected it. I wonder if that's how the players feel now, if they just expect to get their butts kicked? It wasn't much fun to watch, but there's always the looming possibility of us actually competing with a team the next sunday, regardless of who it is, and that'll always keep me coming back. We need to learn how to adjust to the opposing team's strategy at half time, and Carr is going to have to show some kind of composure in the pocket this weekend if we're going to show improvement. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The Texas win over OSU had me in a "I wont feel that bad if the Texans lost" mood before Sunday. Yeah it was a bad loss, but I wont call the Dogs just yet. I'm willing to give this team a little more time before I start to rip them "Hervoyel" style.

Yeah, I know 5 guys going to the game from Steel-Town. In fact they are right here next to me lol!

I just want to see those slants and crossing patterns I kept hearing about. It seems like our routes are just run straight and Carr will hit you somewhere. It seems like we cannot defeat the cover 2 and Casserly in my opinion is at fault. Let go Billy Miller when it is obvious we need a TE who can catch, and drafting AJ when he could have taken Jordan Gross who would have fit since we are a run first team (Dont get me wrong I love AJ, but if you are not going to utilize him and you look at how Jordan Gross is playing who knows).

I hope they make a show of it. I am not as mad and as SARCASTIC as I get after a loss when I made my post and thanks for all the replies.

I told my wife before the season started.........we are going to be really good or royally suck. At this point it is mostly mental. These are professional football players. They have been doing this all their life. Any given Sunday still holds true, even for the Texans. Actually it's kind of cool not really knowing how we are going to do on Sunday.

Nice to know someone in this thread is willing to be honest (whoever it was that said they had griped about the o line but saw it was the RB and TE as much as anything...). The o line needs help, and that's what RBs and TEs do in certain plays, but they have to actually DO it when it's time to do it. Looks like they're watching the jumbotron screen as the play progrsses instead of laying a sack-saving block.

Wells and DD need to BOTH be in the backfield on each play, and Norris can be dropped in there in place of Wells to do one primary thing: Make teams think we're DEFINITELY running with Norris in there....gives us a chance to play poker a little and use it as a bluff (Pass with Norris in and then keep them off balance all game long by using audibles, etc.). With Wells and DD in at the same time, we can better pass block and we can do some FB dive plays with Wells, or play-action and send Wells and DD out to catch passes. Those two guys need to be working in tandem out there and not just switching them out as a lone RB. Anybody agree? To me, the FB dive keeps LBs very honest: They have to be ready and be in the middle of the line in case the FB actually does run the ball, and that freezes them when we want to play-fake the FB dive and toss slants over the top of them.

I saw way too much of DD in the backfield by himself last Sunday. That makes it infinitely easier for a defense to make one or two decisions: Key on DD first and foremost, and then drop back into zone if he DOESN'T get the ball as a RB. It's like shooting ducks in a barrel, if you ask me. The Bills just played a medium zone by sucking up into the line for a split second when the ball is snapped, and then easily drop back into coverage and smack our WRs as they complete their routes and are coming back to the pass. Or, go ahead and charge the running lanes if they see the ball getting handed off. Too easy....

And, "YES" Hervoyel's avatar is a good one. Somebody has skills with Photoshop as I can see.

Capers is d-o-n-e. Nothing can save him. Will our next contestant please step forward?

Well its been a couple days and i still feel bad for our franchise i wish we could just let go of our problem at qb but we got so much money in him we know his worthless as a qb may be we could change his position may be make him gain about 200 pounds and he could be a lineman. but overall i feel better i know it wont be long before we have the great Matt Lionheart at the halm of this franchise.

I think Carr has played terribly, but I am willing to give him until week 6 to do something before I call for his job. He is getting used to a new offense and is unsure of his protection. He wants to win badly, and I say we back him until he starts doing so or until he shows us that he just can't

I bet the Steeler fans that live in the south are not waering black this weekend.

getting to the topic, I feel less frustrated today than I did on Sunday and Monday. I think the Astros winning finally helped me along. I am going to watch the game at a Steeler household so wish me luck. It will help ease my pain, because I have the Steeler Defense on my fantasy league. The downside is that I have DD for a RB. :( Can't win. I hope everyone has fun watching this weekend.

Matt Lionheart is going with the # 1 pick dont get your hopes up. I thought the Niners were stupid not taking Ronnie Brown (RB with the Dolphins) and taking Alex Smith when you know that Matt Leinhart is going to be 10x better than Alex Smith.

Its close to friday and I got a good feeling about this game. I mean, first, they cannot play as bad as they did last week, and It is at home and we play up to our opponents.

Yeah Matt LionHeart will be the first pick overall or should be and we got the inside lead on the number one over all pick thank god we will be vindicated. :texflag:

El Tejano said:

You better get prepared-- there will be tons of steeler fans. They travel well. Hopefully our fans will be loud and the team gets off to a get start and our crowd is in to the game with no booing. Otherwise it is going to be ugly.

Back