Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-13-2005   #1
hotsauce
Rookie

Default Big WR Threat, not being used

Not long ago, Donavan Morgan was signed with the texans. I know he's with the practice squad, but any time we'll see him suit up, soon? I watched him in arena football, he is awesome. He Makes Plays and thats what the texans need. He's in his prime, start him. Take a chance and throw a fresh playmaker in.
hotsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #2
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce
Not long ago, Donavan Morgan was signed with the texans. I know he's with the practice squad, but any time we'll see him suit up, soon? I watched him in arena football, he is awesome. He Makes Plays and thats what the texans need. He's in his prime, start him. Take a chance and throw a fresh playmaker in.
If he is sooo good wouldnt the Packers, who lost Walker, sign him to their active roster???

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

We had him at our table at the Texans breakfast, and he's a really nice guy. Casserly said that this year he had like 58 touchdowns for Tulsa in Arena Football which led the leauge.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #4
hotsauce
Rookie

I know that he went to the packers camp before he signed with houston. and He was very good in the AFL. He broke the season touchdown record in the Af2. there were a few nfl teams looking at him, houston i guess was his best option. I'm just saying that he's a stud, and i think we could use him now more than ever. Let's not wait before it's too late this season.
hotsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #5
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

i was hoping to at least see him line up in the preseason, but my eyes had no such luck.
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

he's good, but who would the Texans drop?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #7
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce
I know that he went to the packers camp before he signed with houston. and He was very good in the AFL. He broke the season touchdown record in the Af2. there were a few nfl teams looking at him, houston i guess was his best option. I'm just saying that he's a stud, and i think we could use him now more than ever. Let's not wait before it's too late this season.
Welcome, hotsauce. I have a special place in my heart for Cheeseheads.

Donavan Morgan, huh. I don't know anything on this guy.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2005   #8
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait until you hear the story about him turning down the Dolphins to stay on our practice squad.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #9
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Wait until you hear the story about him turning down the Dolphins to stay on our practice squad.
I heard his story this afternoon. (Mark & Rich) Interesting. I guess everybody isn't only about the money. Hope he gets his chance in the NFL. Sounds like a nice guy with his priorities straight.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #10
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
waiting on the story.....
Old 09-14-2005   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

sounds like a good guy but why did he stay and thomas go? Morgan sounds like a really good player though.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #12
Buzz
Veteran

I have to be a little skeptical about anybody who's never played in the NFL. I guess he might be worth a look later in the season, though, if somebody doesn't step up and make plays opposite of Johnson.
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #13
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
he's good, but who would the Texans drop?
cough...cough...Bradford...cough
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #14
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I have to be a little skeptical about anybody who's never played in the NFL. I guess he might be worth a look later in the season, though, if somebody doesn't step up and make plays opposite of Johnson.
Ditto. With over a thousand scouts in the league, they don't "miss" too many guys. But I guess you never know.
Old 09-15-2005   #15
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Big WR threat not being used?

WELCOME TO THE FREAKING CLUB

we got 3 of them.

*back hands Mooch* CALL PASSING PLAYS A HOOOOLE.
Old 09-16-2005   #16
samomin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
waiting on the story.....
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/14/sp...l/14texan.html

samomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by samomin
lets hope the best for him and his family.

what scares me however was the part where C.C. Brown could be called up anytime to serve in the Guard
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
what scares me however was the part where C.C. Brown could be called up anytime to serve in the Guard
CC has worked out a deal where he definitely will not be called up during the season. He is being transfered to a recruiting spot and will have to fulfill his obligations in between seasons.
Old 09-16-2005   #19
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Don't forget that Armstrong had very little NFL experience when he came to the Texans from the CFL. He's turned into quite a find for us.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #20
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Yea and the CFL if you look at it is alot different
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read