Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2005   #21
CoolieMan
Rookie

You could always hope that one of the Texan CB's can pick off 3 passes and run them back for TD's.......
CoolieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #22
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolieMan
You could always hope that one of the Texan CB's can pick off 3 passes and run them back for TD's.......
Oh how I wish we could do that again.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #23
CoolieMan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Oh how I wish we could do that again.
I don't......
CoolieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #24
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolieMan
I don't......

Dont worry, the new #31 is a lot easier to bait than the old #31.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #25
jagsfanincanada
Veteran

An act of god?
jagsfanincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #26
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Hopefully we can do better offensively than we did that last time out against the Steelers. You think our offensive line is bad now? Go review who we started in 2002.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #27
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio76
It is clear that we lost the team leader when Shaper left.
Well that certainly does seem obvious now. Remind us what position Sharper played on the offense?
Old 09-13-2005   #28
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Steal the keys to the Steeler team bus!
Old 09-13-2005   #29
Diehardtexan
Veteran

I say the key to beating them is let our Offense gain 48 yards..bring in Aaron Glenn and have him run two INT's for TD.. and hope that Rothlesberger(sp) eats some bad Tacos and have the runny stuff and for Tommy Maddux to take his place that's if he is still with them.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #30
TMC
Rookie

The good news is, IF the Steelers had forgotten about the last game.....they were reminded today. From Cowher's press conference:

Q: The last time you played these guys, was that as bizarre a football game as you have ever been involved with?
BC: Oh. Bizarre is a good word. I remember the game, but this morning, I was looking at the stats of the game. We lost by what? What was the final score, 20-7. They had 47 yards and we had over 400 yards of offense. It was a really bizarre game. That was a weird year.

Q: That game cost you home-field advantage in the playoffs.
BC: Were talking about this year and now we’re going back to 2003? I don’t know. Did it?

Q: Yeah it did.
BC: Thanks for the memories.

So, at least now, our coach is reminded of what the Texans did. And when asked if they team was looking ahead to New England....

BC: We don’t look ahead. Houston is the only team we’re worried about.

I hope we come out firing on all cylinders. That loss to you guys stings and we still have a lot of players left that were here when it happened.
Old 09-13-2005   #31
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a tough hill to climb this week, but it can be done. One novel approach on offense would be to try all the stuff Houston worked on during the offseason, since it apparently wasn't used much last week.

I think the defense will hang in again--certainly better than the Tacks did last week. But if the offense comes out stinking again, that won't matter much if the D's asked to stay on the field forever.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #32
john4jags
Rookie

Start quick out of the gate. Put some points on the board early and make LOTS OF NOISE!! Remember, Ben is only a second year QB.
Old 09-13-2005   #33
touttail
All Pro

I think the biggest key will be to establish a running game. This will take some heat off the passing game.
Too, better blocking, to give Carr time to seek that 2nd receiver. You know they will be on Andre like crazy, so Carr must find his secondary receiver!!
Someone has got to step up and take some heat off of Andre.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #34
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
You know they will be on Andre like crazy, so Carr must find his secondary receiver!!
Someone has got to step up and take some heat off of Andre.
I think they have to find the secondary receiver and build in some plays specifically to get them involved early. Would be a big boost to see a Gaffney or Mathis catch on the first play, even if it is for 4-5 yards. Start out positive and spread the ball around. Start AJ in the slot and run a post slant to the outside, roll gaffney from the outside across the middle, underneath AJ... a quick in strike ought to be enough to start to build confidence.

If we don't win the coin flip, the game is probably over... we can't play catch up.
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #35
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

We CANNOT turn the ball over, especially the 5 times in the Bills game.
I hate to say it, because I like to remain optimistic, but I have lowered expectations for this game. But if they can find a way to win I'd say we should all be encouraged going into the bye week and considering this past Sunday's debacle. That's not to say I think the offense can be miraculously cured, but it can be improved enough to win with the right changes.

Oh and it'd be extremely helpful if the defense could get a takeaway or two as well.
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #36
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I still think our best chance lies with the Magic Football Pixie Dust.

Now that I think about it though that doesn't sound too good. I was making fun of the IBM commercial but instead it sounds like it should be followed with

"It worked for Michael Irvin didn't it?"

My bad.
Old 09-14-2005   #37
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Just showing up would be a start ... Im hoping that the persons who were in those Texans uniforms last week were IMPOSTERS

Hey , we can all dream

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #38
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

To me winning is second seat to actually being competative. They are a good team and if can just pop them in the mouth and fight hard ill be ok with an L. Id still like to win but you take what you can get.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #39
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
1. Controlling the line of scrimage on both sides of the ball
We can stop right there. Assuming that is true...GAME OVER.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #40
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
We can stop right there. Assuming that is true...GAME OVER.

Quite likely. Actually can anyone remember one single game where the Texans controlled the line on both sides of the ball for the overwhelming majority of the game?

Nothing comes to mind. Even the Oakland win last season and the Jacksonville shutout were about takeaways and often times good luck (penalties helping to kill our opponents drives, dropped passes). We just don't push anybody around on offense or defense really.

No way we're pushing the Steelers around this week.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read