Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2005   #1
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer
Default Must Believe!!

I know it's a hard time for us fans... but now is when it is most important to show our faith in this team. I admitt that my trust in our coaches and some players waivered for the first time last week but if we have ANY shot at being a successfull team in the next year or so this system HAS to work. I am going to be my typical self and say this. I BELIEVE in Capers system. I BELIEVE in Casserly's players. I BELIEVE in our Houston Texans. I want to be fielding a winning team as much as anyone and for this to happen the guys we have running the show have got to do what we brought them in here to do.
HardKnockTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I BELIEVE in Barney. I BELIEVE in Superman. He will save me.

Now, I'm gonna go out and do my rain-dance.

Seriously, I don't think we have much chance Sunday. Maybe we'll play a lot better, and that's what I'm hoping for, but we'll still lose. I'm not waisting my emotions on it. It's just not worth it to me. Maybe against Cincinatti, but not Pittsburgh and I'm just really hoping that they show that they've fixed some of the problems they had last Sunday. IMHO, the Steelers SHOULD have won the Super Bowl last year. Roethlisburgh, choked in the play-offs (twice). He was a rookie and he'll get over it, probably all over Philip Buchannon.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #3
marroncito
Rookie

The Texans are in for a rocky start, but it's not the end of the world. We'll probably go 0-6 before the offense really gets straightened out. we'll come on stronger in the second half of the season. we'll end the season about 6-10. Stil a losing record, but they'll win games.

The problems the Texans are facing all seem to be on the mental side. Things like focus, disipline, motivation, etc. It's obvious we've got a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.

The results of this season should cause some needed shake ups in the front office.

Despite their problems, I think the Texans as a whole are going to play hard all year. At least they'll be fun to watch at times.
marroncito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think we'll go 0-6. We'll still beat Tennessee. Come on now.

Old 09-13-2005   #5
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

I saw all the problems that everyone else saw. But if I project the rest of the season based on last weeks performance I'd cry myself to sleep every night of the week. We're up against a very solid team this week and that is what needs to be focused on. WE CAN BEAT THESE GUYS.
Old 09-13-2005   #6
crazy4u310
Rookie

I agree with HARDKNOCKTEXAN that we can beat these guys. When people ask me that do you really expect to win I always say yes because i really do expect the Texans to win every week. I said that when we played our first game againt the cowboys and I said it last week when we played the Bills and i will say it this week and next month and for years to come. Just belive in our guys. I know it tough but just believe.

I went to 3 games: Texans@Jets, Colts@Texans, and Texans@Bills(This past Sunday) we lost all 3 of those games but I still belive.
I have watched every single game since day 1 and I belive.

So stop doing this :brickwall
And start doing this
crazy4u310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #7
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

I think its time to lower beer prices at the stadium!!!

Or, start serving Tequila and let all eat the
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2005   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Yes we can beat these guys

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Reasons why we can win:
1st Home game
The Bills tape will show correctable errors
Sense of urgency
Any given Sunday in the NFL
Karma, all the love Houston has given Katrina victims has got to mount to some form of currency.

What needs to happen:
Find a leader
Challenge Mursphy and Davis to block and protect
Unleash Mathis
and most important get your best player more touches - AJ needs to touch the ball at least 10 times.

Texans 24-17
Old 09-13-2005   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, I expect people to jump all over me for saying this stuff, but for as strangely and as bad as the Texans played on Sunday, maybe 3 or 4 plays going a different way mighta led to a Texans win.

Peek catches the ball.

Gaffney turns around.

Dominick keeps a handle on it.

Etc.

There were plenty of dumb things that went on in that game, but we weren't completely out of it.

Our defense did a remarkable job keeping them from scoring TDs despite our offense not really giving them a breather. Giving up 5 turnovers, they should have KILLED us.

The offense is definitely out of sorts, but I remember all the stuff from last year after the San Diego loss--talk show/message board folk were panicking, saying how terrible the team was to lose to a team like the Chargers (before folks knew how much they improved). And mostly that game was about turnovers too.

And then after the team was playing better, people started mouthing off about playoffs

I dunno. I just think it is best not to be too high or too low after a win or a loss and not to panic. The best organizations are the ones that don't freak out and do stupid stuff just to say they are doing stuff.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The one I keep thinking about is from Chasing Amy. Here's my version.

Ok, let's take a little test. It's a mental excercise, kind of like an SAT question.

Here we have a four way intersection and right in the middle of it sits a fresh $100 bill. Now at the end of each street are the following people all walking towards that hundred dollar bill.

1. Dom Capers with his brand new Super Bowl Trophy

2. Super Bowl MVP David Carr

3. Santa Clause

4. Earl Campbell who can barely walk with his cane.

Now, which of the above persons will reach the hundred dollar bill first?

Answer: Earl Campbell no matter how long it takes him to get there.

Do you know why?

BECAUSE THE REST OF THEM ARE FIGMENTS OF YOUR FREAKIN IMAGINATION!
Old 09-13-2005   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
You know, I expect people to jump all over me for saying this stuff, but for as strangely and as bad as the Texans played on Sunday, maybe 3 or 4 plays going a different way mighta led to a Texans win.

Peek catches the ball.

Gaffney turns around.

Dominick keeps a handle on it.

Etc.

There were plenty of dumb things that went on in that game, but we weren't completely out of it.

Our defense did a remarkable job keeping them from scoring TDs despite our offense not really giving them a breather. Giving up 5 turnovers, they should have KILLED us.

The offense is definitely out of sorts, but I remember all the stuff from last year after the San Diego loss--talk show/message board folk were panicking, saying how terrible the team was to lose to a team like the Chargers (before folks knew how much they improved). And mostly that game was about turnovers too.

And then after the team was playing better, people started mouthing off about playoffs

I dunno. I just think it is best not to be too high or too low after a win or a loss and not to panic. The best organizations are the ones that don't freak out and do stupid stuff just to say they are doing stuff.
Half Chick? Half Homer? Call her what you will, but I agree 100%. The age of the hybrid is upon us.
Old 09-13-2005   #12
texans coach
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro

Reasons why we can win:
1st Home game
The Bills tape will show correctable errors
Sense of urgency
Any given Sunday in the NFL
Karma, all the love Houston has given Katrina victims has got to mount to some form of currency.

What needs to happen:
Find a leader
Challenge Mursphy and Davis to block and protect
Unleash Mathis
and most important get your best player more touches - AJ needs to touch the ball at least 10 times.

Texans 24-17
In order for the Texans to win, AJ is going to have to be a decoy for at least a half of every game, Ive never seen one player lead a team to the playoffs or the superbowl. T.O. tried it, and it failed!!!
texans coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans coach
In order for the Texans to win, AJ is going to have to be a decoy for at least a half of every game, Ive never seen one player lead a team to the playoffs or the superbowl. T.O. tried it, and it failed!!!
Baby steps, AJ can help get us to 8-8 if we get him touches.
Old 09-13-2005   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel

BECAUSE THE REST OF THEM ARE FIGMENTS OF YOUR FREAKIN IMAGINATION!

Hahahaha!

I need sleep (work nights). I'm gettin' goofy and I'm startin' to enjoy complaining more than I would have winning.

Old 09-13-2005   #15
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

I remember the '92 Oilers.... I was a kid then, but my Dad and I had season tickets and witnessed the 0 and 4 start... and this was suposed to be our best team in years. Well.. after those first 4 losses the city was calling for a total change in coaching and players... and then, 12 weeks later, and 12 wins in a row, the Oilers made the playoffs. We WILL turn things around sooner than latter.
Old 09-13-2005   #16
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro

I'm pretty sure the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor at 7:53 am on December 7, 1941.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
I'm pretty sure the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor at 7:53 am on December 7, 1941.
Good point, or maybe those were messershmitz with Japanese sun spots on them, lol. Tricky Germans. Those '92 Oilers are sounding really good right now. Hey, maybe we could get them all out of retirement!

Old 09-13-2005   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
I remember the '92 Oilers.... I was a kid then, but my Dad and I had season tickets and witnessed the 0 and 4 start... and this was suposed to be our best team in years. Well.. after those first 4 losses the city was calling for a total change in coaching and players... and then, 12 weeks later, and 12 wins in a row, the Oilers made the playoffs. We WILL turn things around sooner than latter.
I am going to excuse you because you were a kid then and I was just thinking the same thing you were. However, it was a 1-4 start and it was 11 wins in a row. The only thing that ticked me off about that season was Joe Montana played us and once again had a come from behind victory to take us out of in the first round. Never the less, I'd take that this season
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
Yes and Animal House is not one of the most quotable movies.
Old 09-13-2005   #20
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

It was also the '93 Oilers I was thinking about. The '92 team was great but also led us to the most humiliating comeback in NFL history. I was grounded for a month after that came. I think my mom heard words that she didnt even know existed come from my mouth after that playoff loss to Buffalo.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read