Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2005   #21
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01
It truely is brutal to watch. AJ is becoming a wasted talent. There is only one option and that is to cut Carr. Otherwise AJ walks as soon as he can. He will be totally disgusted by that time.
LOL one regular season game, in which Carr runs for his life do to poor pass protection and it has come to this.

LOL you guys call yourself fans?

I just watched the game again about an hour ago. Our recievers played like ****. Our running back played like ****. Our D-line was dominated. Yes Carr didn't play well either.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #22
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
I just watched the game again about an hour ago. Our recievers played like ****. Our running back played like ****. Our D-line was dominated. Yes Carr didn't play well either.
Come on...let's be honest. You really can't see the routes the receivers ran on TV unless they pan out for a replay. They just don't show the secondary on TV.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #23
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Come on...let's be honest. You really can't see the routes the receivers ran on TV unless they pan out for a replay. They just don't show the secondary on TV.
True, true.

But I could see the poor blocking of the TE and WRs.

I hate to say it but the Buffalo Defense needs to be given some credit for the way our guys looked out there.

Carr staring at his primary reciever doesn't help either. I specifically watched for this. He does look away sometimes but not enough. I still feel that if given more protection Carr would be great.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #24
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
That's true, but it doesn't take much imagination to know that Bradford is not open and AJ is doubled (at least).

I disagree that our D-line was dominated, at least not until they were exhausted because the Offense was attrocious. Our 2 new MLBs need work (some anyway) and Buchannon needs to stop backing off too much. But, the D-line was good (mostly), Babin and Peek were good, Robinson was an animal, and CC Brown....well, what can I say....I only noticed him when he was getting sacks or a short yardage tackle. I was impressed, because I was worried about him being a starter.

Last edited by HJam72; 09-13-2005 at 01:01 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #25
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauk25
I watched him at Fresno and he has always been decent with Texans.

Is your backup that much better??
Banks? NOOOOOOOO! Why he is #2 I have no idea.
Ragone? Great in Europe, still needs work here.

David needs to shake his fear and find his self assurance. Being reticient in year 4 is not acceptable. Did you watch the Falcons/Eagles game and see the play where Vick stood defiant and poised in the pocket, waiting until the last second to find his target...and getting piled on (and fumbled) in the process? He didn't waiver in the face of several linemen inbound to see him crushed. Self assurance.

I realize that David has been the human test dummy for lineman NFL-wide but football isn't for cowards, or those who cower. His protection blows, he would be better served by paying the neighborhood bully his lunch money for Sunday protection. If I was him, I would go tell Capers and Casserly to go to a non-heavenly place until they give him players who know how to play on an offensive line.
It is a catch 22, he needs faith in his protectors and in himself, but is given nothing for protection so it is hard to be confident in this situation.

I am beginning to think our offensive (adjective that fits) Oline doesn't like Carr and does this lack of protection BS on purpose!
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #26
SESupergenius

Ok I kinda like the 24 hour rule and watching the Steeler fans come here gets me more excited to see the next game and makes me forget the piece of **** play we saw over the weekend. Texans are 1-0 against the Steelers. Our only hope is to set up the run with the pass in this game and ball control. We don't need another 5 turnover day. Funny thing is, I was watching the game well into the 3rd quarter thinking that we still had a chance to win. As badly as we played we were still within reach. I can't see us giving 5 turnovers again in this game.
Old 09-13-2005   #27
Doom Capers
Veteran

You know.....the Texans are the only team that Bill Cower has never beat in the regular season.....
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2005   #28
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am begging you to DESTROY Carr on the 1st play from scrimmage. I want to see one of your defensive lineman stuff Carr's whole body inside his helmet on a sack. Of course then you will have to play a full game without laughing at total ineptitude.

Are you a Texans fan? Better yet are you a human being?
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #29
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Quote:
It truely is brutal to watch. AJ is becoming a wasted talent. There is only one option and that is to cut Carr. Otherwise AJ walks as soon as he can. He will be totally disgusted by that time.
AJ will never be allowed to walk. Even if he wanted to leave he'll get slapped with the franchise tag.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #30
JmikeT
Rookie

Default Better thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
Banks? NOOOOOOOO! Why he is #2 I have no idea.
Ragone? Great in Europe, still needs work here.

David needs to shake his fear and find his self assurance. Being reticient in year 4 is not acceptable. Did you watch the Falcons/Eagles game and see the play where Vick stood defiant and poised in the pocket, waiting until the last second to find his target...and getting piled on (and fumbled) in the process? He didn't waiver in the face of several linemen inbound to see him crushed. Self assurance.

I realize that David has been the human test dummy for lineman NFL-wide but football isn't for cowards, or those who cower. His protection blows, he would be better served by paying the neighborhood bully his lunch money for Sunday protection. If I was him, I would go tell Capers and Casserly to go to a non-heavenly place until they give him players who know how to play on an offensive line.
It is a catch 22, he needs faith in his protectors and in himself, but is given nothing for protection so it is hard to be confident in this situation.

I am beginning to think our offensive (adjective that fits) Oline doesn't like Carr and does this lack of protection BS on purpose!
I think the better mode for Carr is to improvise and roll out...If the pocket collapses then just get on the run. It keeps the defense honest.
Offense 101 says that if you have an overly aggressive defense there are 3 solutions:

Screens to backs and receivers
Moving Pocket or roll out plays
Running plays outside the tackles

Now lets see if the coaches can figure it out.
JmikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #31
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
Yip-pee Kai-yea.

Theres a new sheriff comin' into Houston. He's fast on the draw and shoots straight up the middle. Sheriff Willie Parker runs all over lousy defenses.

The fastest gun in the NFL is about to arrive.

Yip-pee Kai-yea!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelers 37 Texans 10

I agree , you guys are gonna kick our a** this week . I'm pulling for you guys to win the Division .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #32
Rob Base
Rookie

Man I feel for you guys. Bills last week and Steelers in week 2. Hang in there!
Rob Base is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #33
Demon
Rookie

Wait a minute. Yes, as bad as it looks, there are 15 games left. Pittsburgh, you've won one (1) game. You gonna look that good every Sunday? No. Period. We gonna look that bad every Sunday. No. Period.
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #34
TITAN CHANCE
Rookie

Our terrible defense made Willie look like a freaking star! Don't worry about him just yet he has alot to prove still.
Old 09-13-2005   #35
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Base
Man I feel for you guys. Bills last week and Steelers in week 2. Hang in there!
"Thank you Sir may i have another"

Geezzz, What could the Texans have done in a past life to deserve this???
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #36
H-Town Steel
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Capers
You know.....the Texans are the only team that Bill Cower has never beat in the regular season.....

very true and what an embarrasing game that was.....hopefully it will reminded to the team this week...a little motivation for the troops.
H-Town Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #37
Ward86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITAN CHANCE
Our terrible defense made Willie look like a freaking star! Don't worry about him just yet he has alot to prove still.

Yeah, that's true. He only shredded the Bills last year too. And that was with the Steelers second string O-line.
Ward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #38
Ward86
Rookie

Default Good Luck

Not a troll here. I wish you a good game and NO injuries on either side.
Ward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #39
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
Yip-pee Kai-yea.

Theres a new sheriff comin' into Houston. He's fast on the draw and shoots straight up the middle. Sheriff Willie Parker runs all over lousy defenses.

The fastest gun in the NFL is about to arrive.

Yip-pee Kai-yea!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelers 37 Texans 10

Hey.....

Don't think your team is just going to walk into Reliant and have it's way with our team. We are going to fight till every second is off that clock. In the end the team with most heart, the desire, and the will to win is going to take the W. Your team better come ready to play or you'll be on Sports Center with Big Ben as a one hit wonder....His photo will be right next to Vanilla Ice!

COME ON BABY....GO TEXANS!!!!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #40
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks and good luck to you guys as well. Hopefully we pull out a win on Sunday to put our team back on track. Welcome aboard!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read