Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2005   #1
Blitzburgh

Default Get ready for a beating!

Yip-pee Kai-yea.

Theres a new sheriff comin' into Houston. He's fast on the draw and shoots straight up the middle. Sheriff Willie Parker runs all over lousy defenses.

The fastest gun in the NFL is about to arrive.

Yip-pee Kai-yea!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelers 37 Texans 10
Old 09-13-2005   #2
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
Yip-pee Kai-yea.

Theres a new sheriff comin' into Houston. He's fast on the draw and shoots straight up the middle. Sheriff Willie Parker runs all over lousy defenses.

Steelers 37 Texans 10
You have no idea how bad I would like to disagree with you, unfortunately I can't. Congrats on being 2-0.
Old 09-13-2005   #3
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

The pressure is all on Pittsburg.

Could you imagine losing to the Texans right now?
Old 09-13-2005   #4
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

we just didn't get it done,
we have to execute,
we didn't play very well,
we have to play up to our potential,
blah, blah, blah,

excuse me, just getting ready for next week
Old 09-13-2005   #5
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89811 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm a big steelers fan, & smack talk's all well and good ... but it loses a lot of it's luster on a team that's about to get completely railroaded.
Old 09-13-2005   #6
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
... but it loses a lot of it's luster on a team that's about to get completely railroaded.
Yeah, I feel bad for the Steelers right now.
Old 09-13-2005   #7
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
Yeah, I feel bad for the Steelers right now.
good one
Old 09-13-2005   #8
TMC
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
i'm a big steelers fan, & smack talk's all well and good ... but it loses a lot of it's luster on a team that's about to get completely railroaded.
I have to agree. Every Texan fan I have talked to almost seems to be in mourning. I remember those feelings from the Kordell era. Not going to kick a man when he is down.

But, as horrid as this sounds, I hope the Steelers take this game very seriously. Last time they swaggered in and stumbled out with a beating.

Hopefully our OLBs will be at 100% and we can send some heat off the edge. I think I would blitz Haggans all day and force Weigert to play Aaron Smith one on one. IMO, that is a huge advantage for us. I also like Hampton on their center. I expect/hope/it better happen that we can collapse the right side of their line and get some pressure on Carr. And, since we were gashed for some runs against the Titans, I hope we can stuff the run.

The Texans have a pretty good defensive unit with a handful of cracks. While I do not want to go after Robinson, I surely think that Ward, El, Wilson, and Morgan can exploit Buckley.

Just keep your heads up fellas. It is times like these where you find out who the real fans are....even if they are here complaining, they ARE here. Start winning, and you'll add three times the members and all of them followed the team since they were little...30 years or more....when they were the Oilers...blah, blah, blah.
Old 09-13-2005   #9
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89811 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC
But, as horrid as this sounds, I hope the Steelers take this game very seriously. Last time they swaggered in and stumbled out with a beating.
come in here thinking yall have a gimme game and you'll get beat. i wont question that because we've done it to the top teams every season (carolina's D, vick's falcons, etc). pats last year would've taken a loss to the texans if not for bogus penalties and one bad call by management (DD on a sweep while in fg range?!?!).

how are yall's backs doing though? i'm more interested in a good game than anything else and am itching to see the bus, how's he coming along? i saw the kid had a great game, but he's not what i envision the mean stealers to be. what i'd really like to see is 180lb robinson putting a lick on bettis and vice versa, those two are hitters.
Old 09-13-2005   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yip-pee Kai-yea.

Steelers 37 Texans 10
Thats sweet just shift 8 to your score and.....
Pit 45 Hou 2 Yeah a safty Big Ben falls over laughing at our team in the endzone...
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #11
touttail
All Pro

I am a Louisiana transplant and ex Saint fan, not ready for the to come out. Been there done that! Yes guys, I got to Texas as quick as I could.

We do tend to play to a different level at home( thanks to the fans and me being hoarse and can't talk after the game). Look at last year against the Colts, Vikings, and Packers. We were so close.

Maybe we can rid ourselves for the "road funk" and play respectable.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #12
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Quote:
Yip-pee Kai-yea.

Steelers 37 Texans 10
Sounds about right.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #13
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Boy Blitzburgh did you pick a bad week to come and troll...you will get no fun out of this...
Old 09-13-2005   #14
JfromthaTray
Veteran

This is why I wish the bus were healthy. We have major problems with the speed backs who hit the hole fast.
JfromthaTray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #15
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
... Maybe we can rid ourselves for the "road funk" and play respectable. ..
"road funk" .. that what it was? Guess we'll see.

He had his way with the Titans. Now our turn?
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #16
touttail
All Pro

Sassy,

Hopefully that's what it was. If so and we beat the Steelers, I will definitely buy you a DAMN beer---LOL

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #17
Shauk25
Rookie

Default I predict a close game

I live in Texas about 2 hrs from houston, and i know houston plays much better at home.

However i think in the end we will pull it out,
Shauk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #18
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
Sassy,

Hopefully that's what it was. If so and we beat the Steelers, I will definitely buy you a DAMN beer---LOL bobby 119C
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #19
Shauk25
Rookie

Default Is Carr that bad??

I watched him at Fresno and he has always been decent with Texans.

Is your backup that much better??
Shauk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #20
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

No Carr has gotten that much WORSE...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read