Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2005   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Trade Carr for o lineman. Lose rest of games. Draft Leinart.

If I'm McNair...

I fire Capers after we get blown out at home against the Steelers.

I trade Carr for some first round draft picks, or for a better o lineman that's in the league right now.

I tell the new coach to lose every game the rest of the season. So, basically just keep things the way they are.

Then, with the first pick in next year's draft I take Matt Leinart of USC.

If I got a high first rounder with my Carr trade, I package other draft picks and trade up to get a top 10 o lineman in what is known as an o lineman rich draft.

We get a QB who has proven he can win under pressure. We get a new coach. We get a better o lineman or two, and we start this thing over again with a better situation than what we have at the moment.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

The fact that I would be incredibly happy if that happened makes me wanna cry.

poor Carr.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

We spent a high first round pick on Carr and have (potentially) ruined him. Who in their right mind would give us anything better than a 4th round pick for him at this point? Very few player-for-player trades are made in the NFL, and almost no trades are made after the start of the season. And drafting Leinart next year would result in the same thing you're seeing now, just with a different name on the jersey.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Just trying to have some fun...

Joy killer.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #5
SESupergenius

The lineman we trade for has just had shoulder surgery but is checked out by our doctors and they say he'll be ready for the next season, we get 3 other lineman from other teams that we think are very good but turn out to be just expendable cast offs. Leinhart comes in a can't get the protection he needs and tends to rush things because he is on his back all the time. Having being used to time to throw, Leinhart starts get happy feet. Lienhart gets injured.

Man this sounds so familiar......
Old 09-13-2005   #6
Elite
Veteran

honestly at this point we would be lucky to get a 4th rounder for carr honestly i dont think there's any one that believes he will amount to anything. except some few remainding fans here that are in denial i say if we can get a 4th rounder lets take it and learn a lesson from it. and rebuild thats all we can do.
Old 09-13-2005   #7
Doom Capers
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
If I'm McNair...

I fire Capers after we get blown out at home against the Steelers.

I trade Carr for some first round draft picks, or for a better o lineman that's in the league right now.

I tell the new coach to lose every game the rest of the season. So, basically just keep things the way they are.

Then, with the first pick in next year's draft I take Matt Leinart of USC.

If I got a high first rounder with my Carr trade, I package other draft picks and trade up to get a top 10 o lineman in what is known as an o lineman rich draft.

We get a QB who has proven he can win under pressure. We get a new coach. We get a better o lineman or two, and we start this thing over again with a better situation than what we have at the moment.

Start all over and ruin another poor kid's bright future?
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2005   #8
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

trade carr for Jason Peters then maybe we will get a receiver that can take pressure off Dre and a blocker that can block
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
we get 3 other lineman from other teams that we think are very good but turn out to be just expendable cast offs.
Man this sounds so familiar......
4 counting Riley.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #10
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Apparently our management didn't get the MEMO since the beginning of football that the games are won in the TRENCHES....and LOST.
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

do not taje Leinart, do not take Leinart, do not take Leinart

alright, I feel much better now. Please, no more soft west coast QB's.
Old 09-13-2005   #12
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro

Im pretty sure the Bengals are happy with their soft west coast QB.
Old 09-13-2005   #13
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets just hope we can get Winston or D'Brick next year, and maybe a free agent guard, and hopefully Hodgdon will be ready to take over. I like Wade, Pitts, and Wiegert.

LT D'BrickShaw Ferguson
LG Chester Pitts
C Drew Hodgdon
RG Zach Weigert
RT Todd Wade

Cut Bradford. Replace with Mathis. Gaff in the slot. Norris, Davis in the back with Morency and Wells backing up.

2nd Round, we trade up with our extra 3rd, and get Marcedes Lewis, TE from UCLA.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #14
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Paging Tony Bosselli....
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #15
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:

Yeah we wouldn't want to get a guy like say....John Elway.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #16
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Heard Patrick Ramsey is asking to be traded.... he cant do any worse than Carr....
HardKnockTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #17
texans coach
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Lets just hope we can get Winston or D'Brick next year, and maybe a free agent guard, and hopefully Hodgdon will be ready to take over. I like Wade, Pitts, and Wiegert.

LT D'BrickShaw Ferguson
LG Chester Pitts
C Drew Hodgdon
RG Zach Weigert
RT Todd Wade

Cut Bradford. Replace with Mathis. Gaff in the slot. Norris, Davis in the back with Morency and Wells backing up.

2nd Round, we trade up with our extra 3rd, and get Marcedes Lewis, TE from UCLA.
Mathis could never replace Bradford because hes too small, doesnt know the playbook, and if he did replace Bradford, he would end up just like bradford, no passes thrown his way during the game and no looks. Now then what would your excuse be? Its that simple.
texans coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #18
pv1999
Veteran

Default you guys are sad...

This is just the first game. And the first game this year that all the starters have been asked to play hard. That is the trade off for keeping your starters fresh (and uninjured) through the preseason. The rhythm will come, the chemistry is there.

The O-line is new together they will not look good every sunday. Just like Matthews, Munchak and those guys when they first started and got the snot knocked out of Gifford Nielsen and Cody Carlson. And remember how Warren Moon used to have to scramble a lot in the beginning. If we can keep the same line for at least 2 years straight then we can see if Carr is the man or not. Or we can just pull an uncle drayton and trade away all the talent.
Old 09-13-2005   #19
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans coach
Mathis could never replace Bradford because hes too small, doesnt know the playbook, and if he did replace Bradford, he would end up just like bradford, no passes thrown his way during the game and no looks. Now then what would your excuse be? Its that simple.
Do you even know what you are talking about?

The point of the post was to address the O-line. And to your comment about the playbook, he can learn! Do you think he threw his playbook away?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #20
Bayern
Veteran

Quote:

What about taking Vince Young?

I'm an old aggie, I can't believe I just said that.
Bayern is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read