Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2005   #21
clandestin
Veteran

I'll take this guy as our new head coach in 2006.

Al Saunders
Old 09-12-2005   #22
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes great coaches turn good players into great players (Belichick). Other times great teams make good coaches look great (J Johnson or Ditka). When a good coach has had talent around them and that talent leaves, the coach usually gets booted (Coughlin) no matter their past performances. There are always exceptions (Cowher & Fisher) but one or 2 bad seasons usually get your coaching staff fired. Sometimes coordinators are promoted to HC because they performed so well that they "deserve a chance". That's not always the case. Some are better suited to remain coordinators (Wannstedt, G Williams and maybe Capers).

It's rare that a coaching change brings immediate success (Fox & Gruden). If it does it's usually because them team was very good to begin with (Gruden again) and they coasted along for the ride. Most coaches are thrown a team that isn't performing and are given a few years to get things going. If they fail they are replaced and the cycle repeats.

Capers is supposed to be a defensive "guru" and has "disciplined" teams. During our brief history we are horrible at pre-snap penalties (lack of discipline) and our defenses have been anemic at best. Some of this is due to lack of talent but I've seen less penalties watching NCAA teams. Capers has helped build this team into what it is. He is responsible for it status right now along with his entire coaching staff and Mr Casserly.

That said, does that mean we need to change coaching staffs? I just don't know. What if Capers turns this around and next week we win? What if it continues and we wind up 9-7 or better? I just can't decide yet.
Exascor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #23
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
That said, does that mean we need to change coaching staffs? I just don't know. What if Capers turns this around and next week we win? What if it continues and we wind up 9-7 or better? I just can't decide yet.
i second that motion. as once said by the great bill shakespear "losing one game a seaon does not make". despite the horror of our loss, it was still ONE GAME.
Old 09-12-2005   #24
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Pete Carroll
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #25
Dubya
All Pro

Hey fingers5,

where'd you get that avatar? I need that one too! Eat 'em up Kats!
Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #26
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

has anyone seen my pistol?
Old 09-12-2005   #27
CajunTexan
Veteran

Did I see a picture of Jimmy Johnson with McNair the other day? You know J.J. is motivated by what the Tuna is doing in Big D.
CajunTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2005   #28
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank_It_Up

has anyone seen my pistol?
LMAO--now THAT's going to the boneyard for a solution....I didn't think the selection of a head coach could shake my loyalty to this team, but a move like THAT might do it.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #29
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Rick Moranis from the movie Little Giants or I guess we could go with Ed O'neil afterall he did score 4 touchdowns in the city championship game

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...t=785&ei=UTF-8

I couldn't get the picture up :brickwall but there is the link

Last edited by Wolf; 09-12-2005 at 10:00 PM.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #30
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

There's a new Bum in town.
Old 09-12-2005   #31
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

sorry guys, haveing difficulty attaching a picture of Bum Phillips. I read the FAQ, but just don't get it.
Old 09-12-2005   #32
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
sorry guys, haveing difficulty attaching a picture of Bum Phillips. I read the FAQ, but just don't get it.
what's the address of the pic?
Old 09-12-2005   #33
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

http://images.google.com/images?q=bu...=Search+Images
Old 09-13-2005   #34
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Default Dom Capers

I think Toro would be a better choice right now, to replace Capers and Charlie
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #35
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #36
possum
Rookie

What is it about J Grey that makes people think he would be a good HC?

Put me down for Jimmy Johnson first and Gary Cubiak 2nd.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #37
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolieMan
why would the texans want that *****? so they can give up their entire draft for a potsmoking rb??

You got that right. I was a Saint fan when he gave up the farm for RW.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #38
Shauk25
Rookie

I say Get Mack Brown and draft Vince Young then yall be decent.
Shauk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #39
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauk25
I say Get Mack Brown and draft Vince Young then yall be decent.

You obviously have not studied Mack Brown...VY is just too good for him.
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #40
touttail
All Pro

Fiddy,

Now that's a kewl avatar!!!!!!!!!!!! I like it!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read