Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2005   #41
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
Ok I'm working on some ideas for my signature ....

here's a few ....

1) Tag, you're it
2) LOOOOOOOOKOUTTTTT
3) Ok, who had 4 in the sack pool???
4) Why is David always in a bad mood????
5) I thought you had the linebacker
They're all good but I love #1, it's simple, but very funny!
Old 09-13-2005   #42
bbills4life
Rookie

Quote:

here's a few ....

1) Tag, you're it
2) LOOOOOOOOKOUTTTTT
6) Patty-cake, patty-cake, baker's man...
7) EWWWWWWWWWW COOTIES!
8) AFLAC!
9) I just saved a bunch of money by switching to GEICO!
bbills4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #43
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbills4life
6) Patty-cake, patty-cake, baker's man...
7) EWWWWWWWWWW COOTIES!
8) AFLAC!
9) I just saved a bunch of money by switching to GEICO!
#7 is good but the others don't convey the point .... personally I think I'm going with #5 ....
chuckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #44
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Race
I understand this, but Peyton has much more time and a much more stable pocket than Carr. I specifically watched for this during the game. It is apparent.

This is true ... Pey-Me-A-Ton has MUCH more time ..... If you dont believe it next Sunday sit and watch both games with a stop watch in your hand ..... You will be surprised

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #45
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is true ... Pey-Me-A-Ton has MUCH more time ..... If you dont believe it next Sunday sit and watch both games with a stop watch in your hand ..... You will be surprised
Sure he does, but he also knows how to use a pump fake and how to look off defenders, and he also knows how to call audibles...A lot here complain about the playcalling but a lot of the time it is Carr audibling to a run play at the line...not to get off topic or anything...
Old 09-14-2005   #46
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up

Quote:
hey bigtex how about we go over to the Jags board and rag on them about getting swept last year? We're good for 6 weeks or more on that ....

LOL! I know I shouldn't condone trolling, but this made me laugh.
Old 09-14-2005   #47
outofhnd
All Pro

Now your sig would be funny if it was coach Palmer talking to DC about the line and he said I have good news.. "you are signing a big name tackle?" no I just saved a bunch of money by switching to geico. Maybe I should do commercials.

Anyways, I don't buy the concussion theory I think he may have have held his head like that to ensure the flag was thrown. He did have the presnce of mind to take the pylon on his td scramble. He looked out of it because he was following AJ down the field. We need to go back to a 3 rec. set more often you can tell he doesnt have much confidence in his TEs and unless its a fly route he has no confidence in Bradford either. That tells me He is trying but outside of DD and AJ no one has really stepped up and be come a second go to guy. Id like them to start gaff instead of bradford at #2 see if that helps maybe someone that works back to the ball and goes over the middle will help. That and totally scrapping the zone blocking scheme.
Old 09-14-2005   #48
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Sure he does, but he also knows how to use a pump fake and how to look off defenders, and he also knows how to call audibles...A lot here complain about the playcalling but a lot of the time it is Carr audibling to a run play at the line...not to get off topic or anything...
Pump fake .... He doesnt have time to pump fake !
Look off defenders ? give me a break , no one but AJ and DD can catch not to mention he doesnt have time to look at more than one option .
You would audible to a Running play too if you had been sacked 140 times in the last 3 seasons .
It all boils down to TIME ....Carr doesnt have enough . :brickwall

Carr went to Casserly in the off-season asking that the line be addresed ..... instead of upgrading their personel , putting money into it they change the protections ? Three step drop ? They called it what , Twice ? That sure did address the problem . Come on Casserly ..... Give Carr what he needs on the O-line and give him another reciever too ....

Quote:
hey bigtex how about we go over to the Jags board and rag on them about getting swept last year? We're good for 6 weeks or more on that ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
LOL! I know I shouldn't condone trolling, but this made me laugh.
All good things must come to an end :brickwall

Old 09-14-2005   #49
William.carter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17
Dont leave out WR not paying attention or being cowards ( thats you Bradford)
I agree that Bradford sucks and should be on a Greyhound out of town, but Gaffney got hit by that ball because he was just as surprised as everyone else watching the game that Carr threw to someone other than AJ.
William.carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #50
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Carr went to Casserly in the off-season asking that the line be addresed ..... instead of upgrading their personel , putting money into it they change the protections ? Three step drop ? They called it what , Twice ? That sure did address the problem .
That reminds me - they are pointing to the running backs being to blame for 4 sacks, I think that indicates a change too. I don't remember from last year if we left our RBs in that frequently to pass block. Anybody know?
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #51
texan_fan
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to texan_fan

Quote:

here's a few ....

1) Tag, you're it
2) LOOOOOOOOKOUTTTTT
You forgot the most obvious one: *ring my bell*
texan_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #52
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by William.carter
I agree that Bradford sucks and should be on a Greyhound out of town, but Gaffney got hit by that ball because he was just as surprised as everyone else watching the game that Carr threw to someone other than AJ.
But you cant throw to people who arent gonna pay attention, can you? That was a big play he blew, it would have been a first down at a critical time and to not even turn your head toward the QB is unacceptable. Im not saying we should fire the guy but just because Carr doesnt throw to him alot doesnt mean he has an excuse when its thrown his way and that happens.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #53
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17
But you cant throw to people who arent gonna pay attention, can you?
You have no idea whose fault that was. WR's do not run down the field looking back the whole time. They run a route and are supposed to look back at a certain point. Obviously there was miscommunication on that play, but it may very well be Carr sent the ball off before Gaffney was supposed to look. Not saying it is Carr's fault, but you can't just assume it is either one's fault.
Old 09-14-2005   #54
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

But also when your playing against a team that has put pressure on you all day and you break open over the middle you have to look to your QB once. Thats what WR in the NFL do find soft spots and let the QB find you. As I said I dont htink he should be fired, nor do I blame it soley on him, but you have to pay attention in a football game. Somtimes your QB needs to throw it a little early and you have to find it. Thats what you have to do.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #55
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 62 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Race
I want to know why we didn't do anything to improve our offensive line??????
The question many of us have been asking since 4/23. :brickwall

The gellin' line spin on this is not working anymore. Need a new angle to try to feed to us fans. I suggest fixing the problem instead of asking someone in Marketing to come in and put a new name and smoke screen on it.

But I am just one fan, what do I know.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #56
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

IF I was Pittsburg's defensive coordinator, I would have 3 notes on a clipboard;

a) defense off tackle play Texans will run on almost every first down (99% of the time)

b) prepare for screen or draw plays on second and long (50% of the time)

c) hammer Carr on third down and long (80% of the time)

TRANSLATION: I am pissed that the tight end position got more yardage than our wide outs.... I think Rivers and Bruener both caught one a piece. Last time I thought about it...wouldn't passing plays to the tight end keep a nickle package spread out (hurts an AJ double team) and a defensive ends from flying in on the blitz?

I guess I am saying that we should throw it to the tight end on seam patterns and quick outs into the flat... then rinse and repeat.

And for God's sake, TRY passing ON FIRST DOWN.!!! Defensive O LB's expect our tight end to block when 99.9999 % of the time we run off tackle on first down. Even the retarded can figure out this sort of predictable offensive play calling.

Old 09-14-2005   #57
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo, the Marble Eye
And for God's sake, TRY passing ON FIRST DOWN.!!! Defensive O LB's expect our tight end to block when 99.9999 % of the time we run off tackle on first down. Even the retarded can figure out this sort of predictable offensive play calling.
From what I understand, they did pass more than run on first down last Sunday.

They just weren't successful at it.
Old 09-14-2005   #58
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
From what I understand, they did pass more than run on first down last Sunday.

They just weren't successful at it.

I thought it was ONLY after they were behind in the 2nd half... again predictable. And yes, you are right...they didn't suceed with that brilliant strategy either.
Old 09-14-2005   #59
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:

This should throw a wrench in your play calling theory ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
I've seen the issue of "why the Texans didn't throw on first down" brought up in a few different threads. The numbers don't lie--that's just not true. It's hard to believe because the results of those first-down pass attempts were (with only one exception) totally forgettable, BUT...

Here's a refresher from the game's stats:
(NOTE: Sacks are credited as attempts to pass)

FIRST HALF
1) The first offensive play from scrimmage was a dump pass to DD. Series was 3-and-out.
2) Next drive's first play was a 3 yard run to the left by DD. Pick ended the drive before any more first downs.
3) Next drive was 1 play: the DD fumble.
4) Then the touchdown drive. 4 total first downs (3 incomplete passes, 1 complete pass to Wells)
5) On the 1-play drive to end the half, DD ran up the middle on the only down.

SECOND HALF
1) Opening drive had 3 first downs (19yd pass to Bruener, a DD run, and a sack).
2) Next drive was split (a DD run and a sack).
3) Third drive was split (a DD run and an INT)
4) Final drive of 3rd Quarter had 1 first down: a 0-yard DD run.
5) Texans' first drive of 4th Quarter featured 2 first down plays: a DD run and a sack/fumble.
6) 3-and-out drive followed, with an incomplete pass on 1st down.
7) Final drive had a Carr scramble and an incomplete pass on 1st downs. Drive ended by INT on the ensuing 2nd down.

First half first-down plays: 5 passes/3 runs
Second half first-down plays: 7 passes/6 runs*
OVERALL ON 1ST DOWN: 12 passes/9 runs*

* I counted the scramble as a run, which is obviously debatable, but it doesn't affect the run-more-than-pass debate.

Its not the run / pass theory ..... The players DONT fit the system , Its as simple as that . This is NOT a run between the tackles team , the skill position players are MUCH more effective IN SPACE :brickwall

IM begining to think ITS NOT Palmers fualt but more of the blame should fall on Capers ..... He wants a POWER RUNNING GAME and DOESNT have the personel to do that .

Old 09-14-2005   #60
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
I thought it was ONLY after they were behind in the 2nd half... again predictable. And yes, you are right...they didn't suceed with that brilliant strategy either.
Information from an insightful analysis by Vinny (all of our first downs listed here):

First series:1-10-HOU30(9:19) D.Carr pass to D.Davis to HST 32 for 2 yards (J.Posey). Dump pass right, caught at HST 31.

Second series: 1-10-HOU19(1:38) D.Davis left tackle to HST 22 for 3 yards

Third series: (13:51) D.Davis up the middle to HST 27 for no gain

Fourth series: 1-10-HOU25(11:01) D.Carr pass incomplete to A.Johnson

1-10-HOU44(10:08) D.Carr pass incomplete to C.Bradford

1-10-BUF20(9:09) A.Johnson right tackle to BUF 18 for 2 yards

1-2-BUF2(7:26) PENALTY on HST-D.Carr, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at BUF 2 - No Play.1-7-BUF7(7:16) D.Carr pass incomplete to D.Davis.

5th series: halftime

6th series: 1-10-HOU29(14:54) D.Carr pass to M.Bruener to HST 48 for 19 yards

1-10-BUF38(12:55) D.Carr sacked at BUF 48 for -10 yards

7th series: 1-10-HOU44(9:47) D.Davis up the middle to HST 49 for 5 yards

1-10-BUF44(8:28) D.Carr sacked at HST 47 for -9 yards

8th series: 1-10-HOU41(4:22) D.Davis left guard to HST 44 for 3 yards

1-10-BUF45(2:58) D.Carr pass intended for A.Johnson INTERCEPTED by T.Vincent at BUF -1

9th series: 1-10-HOU20(:43) D.Davis left guard to HST 20 for no gain

10th series: 1-10-HOU20(10:41) D.Davis left tackle pushed ob at HST 27 for 7 yards

1-10-HOU31(9:43) D.Carr sacked at HST 23 for -8 yards

11th series: 1-10-HOU26(7:06) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass incomplete to J.Gaffney

12th series: 1-10-HOU12(1:53) D.Carr right end ran ob at HST 15 for 3 yards. Trips shotgun. Obvious passing situation. Carr scrambles right and runs out of bounds.

1-10-HOU25(1:33) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass incomplete to A.Johnson

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read