Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2005   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default 72 Hour Rule in Effect

That's right, at 3:20pm CST the 24 hour rule is in effect.

No more talking about the Bills game.

Bills fans re-locate to the Tampa Bay message boards.

Focus on this weekends matchup against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Last edited by TEXANS84; 09-12-2005 at 12:50 PM.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

here here - I second that motion
Old 09-12-2005   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I'll talk about whatever I want to talk about (staying within the topic relevant to that board) for the duration of time I wish to talk about it.

24 hour rule? I don't think so.
Old 09-12-2005   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I think I'll talk about whatever I want to talk about (staying within the topic relevant to that board) for the duration of time I wish to talk about it.

24 hour rule? I don't think so.
Thats fine, and that's your opinion. But why bury yourself in the past if you can't talk about how to solve the problem in the future?
Old 09-12-2005   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't you snag this 'rule' from the Jags board?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #6
TEXANS84

Now I'm confused.
Old 09-12-2005   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Thats fine, and that's your opinion. But why bury yourself in the past if you can't talk about how to solve the problem in the future?

Each game doesn't exist in a little 24 hour pocket. They're all part of the 2005 season and they effect each other as well. If the Texans beat the Bills you get a completely different team taking the field against the Steelers next week.

I can't do the "Put the bad thoughts away" approach to being a fan. I take the entire season together (and often add in the end of last season or the beginning of next season as needed) in order to arrive at where I think the team is. Right now I've got exactly one "real" game to go on. You saw it so that should explain my opinion right now.
Old 09-12-2005   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Herv...
Old 09-12-2005   #9
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

also, if we stop whining about the Bills game now to talk about the Steelers, what will we be doing all next week when we're supposed to whine about the Steelers game ?
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

You know it's going to be a dark week on the board when the mods are testy. (j/k, man)

I guess a completely lackluster performance out of the gate, along with the Steelers next week, will do that to anyone, 'eh?
Old 09-12-2005   #11
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I am gonna go fishing next Sunday...
Old 09-12-2005   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I tell you what.....we need a playmaker like the BK King. He doesn't have a great lower trunk and doesnt have much explosion but that dude just makes plays.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #13
texan279
Hall of Fame

I guess if he needed a helmet we could always use Peyton Manning's eh? We could put the Hamburglar in the backfield and line up Ronald McDonald in the slot.
Old 09-12-2005   #14
TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I tell you what.....we need a playmaker like the BK King. He doesn't have a great lower trunk and doesnt have much explosion but that dude just makes plays.
I'd have to disagree with you.

The Diet Pepsi Machine wins in my book.
Old 09-12-2005   #15
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Maybe the 24 hour rule has merit in a 'lovers quarrel' or something... once you put words out there ... they are OUT THERE... can't take things back .. sharp words hurt ... don't go away ... etc., etc., etc.

BUT, as for the Texans ... we are the KIDS in this family argument. We can scream and yell, and jump up and down and try to get their attention, but it's their problem to fix ... and get the "kids" under control and back in line. They don't want to keep hearing ... I hate you, and keep getting kicked in the shins.
They need to figure out a way to get the love back.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #16
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I think this one merits a little more than a 24 hour rule. I was frustrated and angry during and after the game, and it seemed to 'peek' late Sunday night. I'll still stew about it for another day or so, and I imagine by Wednesday I'll start to get out of my funk. On most any other loss I'd agree with the 24 hr rule, but this one was more than just another loss. It looked too much like the rough games of our innaugural season, and I expect more than that from this team.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #17
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
OK I'll admit, that was pretty damn funny. I'm glad I can smile again.
Old 09-12-2005   #18
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
I guess if he needed a helmet we could always use Peyton Manning's eh? We could put the Hamburglar in the backfield and line up Ronald McDonald in the slot.
He can borrow Jack's little boy's Pop Warner Helmet.

I bet Grimiss would make a good LT.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #19
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

i agree. i'm sick of hearing how the sky is falling.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know wherethis fast food chain is from and I don't know how to put the picture..

I am liking this guy.. he gets his hands up and maybe possibly he can knock some passes down or block a kick or two.. downside is the like the BK King he isn't strong in the trunk area

http://www.epinions.com/rest-Chain_R...Mr__Goodcents#
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read