Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2005   #1
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Default True Texans Fans Stop Please !

This is for all true Texans Fans please stop, pointing the finger. At the players, True fans stand behind there team no matter what, it's not the players fault, Mgnt. let go of A. Glen, J. Sharper, & R. Swinton It's not the player's fault they lack disipline that Dom, Charlie & Palmer fail to provide to them. We have very good players that are human beings, parents to children like us that have feelings as well as we do, that I'm sure read our threads that we post out of anger. I work at Bush Intercont. Airport Operations Supervisor, It was not a pretty sight watching the players walk down off of the 767 at 8:30 last night. They have feelings too, like us. It showed on them last night, maybe not Capers and Charlie, but on the players. A team that wants to win, but lacks the leadership in Mgnt. to make the right decsions. I wish I could of stopped everyone of them last night as they walked to thier buses and told them thank-you, just for them being here and finally having a team in Houston again, we went years without a team, and now we complain cause we have one, please fans show some compassion and love our players, it's truely not all thier fault. I wish I could of taken a picture of David Carr last night as he came off the back of the aircraft last night in his black suit pulling his bag behind him. You could truely tell he was carrying the whole team on his back by his expression. Here is a man that truely wants to win, loves the city of Houston, and is a loving father to his kids, please let's treat our players like we would want to be treated..............
Old 09-12-2005   #2
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Good post...That touches my heart
Old 09-12-2005   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Noble sentiments but you need to come to terms with the concept of "tough love". You can stand behind a bad team forever but you're not doing them any favors. You're not part of the solution then, you're part of the problem.

This town once came out and filled the Astrodome to cheer for Oiler teams that were beaten badly in Pittsburgh. Then we did it again the next year when it happened again. Nobody's wasting their love on the team today for a reason. The team is bad.
Old 09-12-2005   #4
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Agreed .... good post ..... but please don't mistake the predictable "kick em while they're down" ramblings of a few with the "I'm frustrated as h$$$ but I'm still with you" posts of the many ...
Old 09-12-2005   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I stand behind the team no matter what, as much as I have been bashing Carr of late I still stand behind him, but you cannot blame his performance yesterday on management or lack of leadership...
Old 09-12-2005   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Touching yes, but this is what they get paid to do. This is not a HS team coming home after a loss in the state playoffs. This is a team that gets paid, well mind you, to win games.

As a season ticket holder since day one I pay money, I earn, to watch a good product. I am not quite sure what I saw on the offense yesterday. I will say that defense was not bad and at least showed a taste of something that could evolve into something. Carr is one step away from being on the Couch, and yes every pun imagineable is intended.
Old 09-12-2005   #7
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Here is a man that truely wants to win, loves the city of Houston, and is a loving father to his kids, please let's treat our players like we would want to be treated..............

What does being a loving father have to do with winning football games?

By the way, I'm not blaming him totally for this loss.

I wouldn't blame him if he asks to leave but he won't.
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2005   #8
profan
Veteran

I'm glad to see the teams was down. Would be very upset if they came off the plane with smiles on thier faces. The team needs support next week, but, the perfomance against the bills deserves a negative reaction. It is the players who need to produce and coaches need to give them the environment to succeed. the blame needs to go all around, players, coaches, etc.
Old 09-12-2005   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

The WORSE possible fan reaction would be to boo them as they come on the field against the squelers. We may not like how yesterday went, but we still have to cheer them on. However, we reserve the right to ***** and moan about them on this board, on the air and in the papers. They need to know, that we know, they stunk it up, but that we still support them and expect them to turn it around and win.

De Oppresso Liber
Old 09-12-2005   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't be a blind homer and act like our team did not just get completely owned, took the field with absolutely no fire, and just quit.

I love my team, but I'm also going to analyze the **** out of their play as a fanatic that loves the team.

If they need hugs, then go home to the wife and children.

But as football players, they need ANGER and RAGE to build a FIRE in their bellies. Football is not niiiiiiiiice kum-bay-ya marshmellow roasts. It is a full contact sport that chews up the weak and spits them out.

I, for one, love my team so much that I don't want to see them continually spit out at the bottom of the NFL.
Old 09-12-2005   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I can't be a blind homer and act like our team did not just get completely owned, took the field with absolutely no fire, and just quit.

I love my team, but I'm also going to analyze the **** out of their play as a fanatic that loves the team.

But as football players, they need ANGER and RAGE to build a FIRE in their bellies. Football is not niiiiiiiiice kum-bay-ya marshmellow roasts. It is a full contact sport that chews up the weak and spits them out.

I, for one, love my team so much that I don't want to see them continually spit out at the bottom of the NFL.
Good post. Carr is a great guy and a wonderful father, but so far he is a below average NFL QB.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Old 09-12-2005   #12
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Now this is a great post!
Old 09-12-2005   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I am a true Texans fan, just like I was a true Oilers fan. Thick and thin.

That said, the effort yesterday was an embarrassment. They have regressed to a 2002 level of performance and because the problem is already in their heads, especially the quarterback, this thing could snowball badly.

The offense is broken and in pieces. The defense lacks fire and intensity, except for two or three players. They were horrible yesterday and deserve all the criticism that can be heaped upon them. No more coddling and free rides. Either perform or go find a new place to work - and that goes for the players, coaches, and GM.

I don't care who puts on the uniform because I will be a fan longer than any of these players, coaches, and hopefully GM will be here. They just need to remember that when they put on the uniform (or put in the game plan, or make the draft pick/trade/free agent acquisition), that they are expected to get results.

I'll cheer success wildly, but I'll also criticize what I consider failure with as much gusto. Just don't get criticism confused with not being a "true fan."

Last edited by aj.; 09-12-2005 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-12-2005   #14
SESupergenius

David Carr is as good as his offensive line plays, like most NFL cornerbacks.

Old 09-12-2005   #15
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I am a true Texans fan, just like I was a true Oilers fan. Thick and thin.

That said, the effort yesterday was an embarrassment. They have regressed to a 2002 level of performance and because the problem is already in their heads, especially the quarterback, this thing could snowball badly.

The offense is broken and in pieces. The defense lacks fire and intensity, except for two or three players. They were horrible yesterday and deserve all the criticism that can be heaped upon them. No more coddling and free rides. Either perform or go find a new place to work - and that goes for the players, coaches, and GM.

I don't care who puts on the uniform because I will be a fan longer than any of these players, coaches, and hopefully GM will be here. They just need to remember that when they put on the uniform (or put in the game plan, or make the draft pick/trade/free agent acquisition), that they are expected to get results.
Wow-my exact feelings. Nice post aj and thanks for the VotF.
Old 09-12-2005   #16
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
David Carr is as good as his offensive line plays, like most NFL cornerbacks.
Sure, Carr's entire performance yesterday was the O line's fault....
Old 09-12-2005   #17
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Sure, Carr's entire performance yesterday was the O line's fault....
Sure it was all Carr's Fault.

Old 09-12-2005   #18
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Football is not niiiiiiiiice kum-bay-ya marshmellow roasts.
That my friend is the funniest thing I have heard today. Might have to make you my new signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.

Last edited by PapaL; 09-12-2005 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-12-2005   #19
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.

I'll cheer success wildly, but I'll also criticize what I consider failure with as much gusto. Just don't get criticism confused with not being a "true fan."
My feelings exactly.
Old 09-12-2005   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Sure it was all Carr's Fault.
senseless back and forth bickering. The two are interwoven, you can't seperate David Carr's mistakes from the mistakes of his offensive line at this point. One helped create the other and both of them make the other look bad.

Carr wasn't this bad when he got here. The offensive line has always been lousy. Now, in 2005 it doesn't matter who stunk first. Carr is what he is and now he does things that make the line look bad just as often as they do things that make him look bad.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read