Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2005   #81
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysTexansFan
The comment was harsh. Carr is a good person of high character.

Having said that, I am starting to have significant doubts about him as a franchise quarterback. Granted, the pass protection has been horrendous, but on those (rare) occasions when he has time, he holds the ball too long and doesn't seem as crisp as the top quarterbacks in the league.

I had aspirations he could be a Pro Bowl type player, and that's still possible if the protection and offensive schemes ever get any good, but I'm not so sure anymore. It may be that for all his athletic ability, he's simply going to be an average to slightly above-average QB. I hope I'm wrong.
Read this post from another BB. It's another take on it.

LINK
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #82
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Now THAT is a great post.

Here's my favorite part:

"I read where another GM said that if he were David Carr he'd sue Casserly for lack of support."

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #83
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

If I'm McNair...

I fire Capers after we get blown out at home against the Steelers.

I trade Carr for some first round draft picks, or for a better o lineman that's in the league right now.

I tell the new coach to lose every game the rest of the season. So, basically just keep things the way they are.

Then, with the first pick in next year's draft I take Matt Leinart of USC.

If I got a high first rounder with my Carr trade, I package other draft picks and trade up to get a top 10 o lineman in what is known as an o lineman rich draft.

We get a QB who has proven he can win under pressure. We get a new coach. We get a better o lineman or two, and we start this thing over again with a better situation than what we have at the moment.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #84
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see Banks and Ragone against the Steelers, just to see what happens. Hey, we're gonna lose anyway.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #85
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember when we got into the shotgun and was sacked ..I believe it was the 3rd play of the game
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #86
bbills4life
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
I personally think we will go out of our way to get some linemen in town. And we might have to overpay, but I don't see Carr leaving unless Ragone steps up.

I personally don't see us using a 1st rounder on another QB..it is a lineman
Y'all have needed an OL ever since you started in this league. In your 4th year your OL has yet to be addressed. That doesn't bode well for Carr. I feel downright sorry for the guy.
bbills4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #87
touttail
All Pro

bbills4life,

I agree. I said in an earlier post, I don't care what QB was taking snaps. They could not be effective with a swarm of defensive players attacking you. When you do have a little time, you are so shell shocked that you expect to get hit any moment!

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2005   #88
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

How long till our players with potential start to demand out of H Town?
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #89
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I think we have to face the reality that Carr, Casserly, and Capers are linked. I think if you get rid of Carr you are essentially getting rid of Casserly and Capers. Now that being said I'm not sure if we get rid of Cass and Cap if that'll mean we are getting rid of Carr but it would be hard for me to see a new staff not doing so.

I think Cass and Capers shoulder the majority of the blame for our current offensive woes. Cass seems to want to bring back the Redskins of OLD when that thought process is out of date. Capers offenses in CAR were never good just good enough. Ours isn't even that.

I was done with these two when they said D. Johnson couldn't play in our system b/c he played in a 4-3 and then we went out and got a DT that played in a what....4-3. Then draft a BACKUP RB in the 3rd round with OL still available that had starting potential.

ALL THAT SAID..........ITS ONLY BEEN ONE GAME PEOPLE. LET'S JUST CALM DOWN. Maybe this week will be better. (It better be anyway.)
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #90
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill
I think we have to face the reality that Carr, Casserly, and Capers are linked.
Could this be the "C" mafia family that's hurting our team---LOL

bobby 119C
Old 09-13-2005   #91
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Ok I was BADLY mistaken. With the steelers in town let's just HOPE we don't get blown out by 50.....with their defense scoring 40 of the points.

Can you IMAGINE how many blitzes we'll see? I mean will how will the steelers even be able to sleep with that much excitement of sacks galore on the horizon.

There is a REAL possibility we start off 0-3 this year because Cincy is looking real good. We should beat the Titans for our first victory.

The whole NFL nation will see just how porous our o-line is when we play the seahawks on national tv.
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #92
Napalm
Rookie

Angry Calling out the Quad "C's"

I think the Texans should take a long hard look at themselves and step up and start taking responsibilities of their short comings. This "No Blame - No Responsibilty" attitude reminds me of "Pop-Warner Soccer"... We're all Winners!!! BullSHHH.... "Chris" Palmer should have been gone a long time ago! "Carr" should be right out the door behind him! This TEAM sold their souls to this kid, who no one ever even heard of in the collegiate conferences when he was drafted. (probably played at the junior college level - Chris Palmer was the scout). "Capers" should be fired for being asleep at the wheel. Even Helen Keller would have seen this train wreck coming. And finally, "Casserly" should have the ax as well, because he is in fact the "General Manager" and his job is the overall function and operation of the TEAM. To let his subordinates drive the start of this 4th season into the ground like a flaming yellow yard dart is an understatement. I am a season ticket holder, and to having to sit through these past two games of an "Elite NFL Organization" has left me jilted and jaded. THIS ORGANIZATION NEEDS TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER.
Old 09-19-2005   #93
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm
I think the Texans should take a long hard look at themselves and step up and start taking responsibilities of their short comings. This "No Blame - No Responsibilty" attitude reminds me of "Pop-Warner Soccer"... We're all Winners!!! BullSHHH.... "Chris" Palmer should have been gone a long time ago! "Carr" should be right out the door behind him! This TEAM sold their souls to this kid, who no one ever even heard of in the collegiate conferences when he was drafted. (probably played at the junior college level - Chris Palmer was the scout). "Capers" should be fired for being asleep at the wheel. Even Helen Keller would have seen this train wreck coming. And finally, "Casserly" should have the ax as well, because he is in fact the "General Manager" and his job is the overall function and operation of the TEAM. To let his subordinates drive the start of this 4th season into the ground like a flaming yellow yard dart is an understatement. I am a season ticket holder, and to having to sit through these past two games of an "Elite NFL Organization" has left me jilted and jaded. THIS ORGANIZATION NEEDS TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER.

Thats what ive been saying all along this Great QB we have played at Best Pee-Wee football in college and that is sad. but argue with these 's they think david is the next coming of dan marino only 1,000,000,000 times better and that the funny thing or sad thing is david played for fresno state in the WAC wich Stand for Weak As$ conference and he still wasnt as good as trent dilfer was so that means Our Beloved Qb Could not do better than Trent dilfer ever did and thats not saying much. So Carr Lovers yall must think Trent Dilfer is a hall of famer. David should be charged with Robbery and Fraud All the money that their paying him.
Old 09-19-2005   #94
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite
... david is the next coming of dan marino only 1,000,000,000 times better ...
agreed
Old 09-19-2005   #95
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess we are screwed then... Ragone is from Louisville .."small college" players don't make it to succeed in the NFL..

I for one think Carr can be solid IF they get his head on straight and get a scheme that fits his style of playing. The scheme whoever put together for this team, stinks.. esp when you can't get your playmaker the ball consistantly.

Maybe Capers will learn something out of this.. I mean it too Jeff Fisher to lose Eddie George to appreciate McNair's ability. (by no means comparing Carr to McNair.. but just saying we aren't using Carr's ability right)

BTW lets get an OL
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #96
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
I guess we are screwed then... Ragone is from Louisville .."small college" players don't make it to succeed in the NFL..

I for one think Carr can be solid IF they get his head on straight and get a scheme that fits his style of playing. The scheme whoever put together for this team, stinks.. esp when you can't get your playmaker the ball consistantly.

Maybe Capers will learn something out of this.. I mean it too Jeff Fisher to lose Eddie George to appreciate McNair's ability. (by no means comparing Carr to McNair.. but just saying we aren't using Carr's ability right)

BTW lets get an OL

Some do but not carr Pee-Wee Football ever develops into nfl greatness.
Old 09-20-2005   #97
touttail
All Pro

Noooooooooooo!
I don't think that David Carr has quit in him!

bobby 119C
Old 09-20-2005   #98
Trapped
Veteran

From what i saw from Carson Palmer, im liking them USC QB's, I have officially gave up on Carr. If we are to ever be winners, i think he needs to pull a Drew Brees or number 8 is not on our team.

Trade Carr before the trade deadline for whatever we can get. Start Ragone, most likely he will fall too, then by that time we will have a 1-15 season then we draft Matt Leinert. Let's Sabotage this season!!!, ahaah, naw im serious. Darn Carr is untradable cuz his salery to high

Carr needs to go, the Front Office needs to Go, the WHole Oline needs to go.
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #99
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it will up to Carr. I don't see McNair exercising Carr's option. Especially if he cleans out the current coaching staff.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #100
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Take it for what it's worth but all the guys on 610 including John McClain have said it's a done deal that the Texans hang on to David by paying his bonus. I'd be one to explore the possibilities of going in another direction but supposedly the guys in the "know" think they won't make a change. And I don't know enough about another direction to even know if that would be wise. I'm not that familiar with other QB's in the league or guys coming up in the draft other than the obvious..Leinart.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read