Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2005   #61
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"I'm just going to get in an ice bucket with a snorkel and come back the next week," Carr said.
this is from after the SD game in 2002 where we took a beating then

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20020915_HOU@SD

I bet he feels the same way after this week, except attitude has changed.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #62
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf

Yeah, back then he was sounding fired up about coming back the next week. Now he sounds like a guy looking for someone to throw him a line.

Beat someone long enough and that's what happens.
Old 09-12-2005   #63
Htown-Tailgators-Lee
waterboy

Carr is ready to go. At least I hope so. He has a great arm, but terrible field vision. I am tired of watching him roll to the right. Everyone knows exactly what he is going to do. His eyes never leave the receiver. If he is going to take a deep drop, why not just line up in the shot-gun, it would give him more time. I think that Carr could turn this thing around if he changes 2 things. 1. Line-up in the shot-gun 2. Where a dark shield on his helmet.
Htown-Tailgators-Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #64
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01
I will pay this pile of trash to leave. He totally sucks.

Gosh what a nasty remark.

The guy is active in the community, gives back to the community and has been an upstanding citizen. He's hardly a pile of trash as you say. :brickwall
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #65
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
I have an idea, I think that Palmer and Pendry should play Qb this weekend and then lets see if they come back and tell us how great the zone block scheme is.
Now there's a good idea!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #66
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightnow
David Carr has the potential to be a very good quarterback in this league. There are teams like the Ravens or the Bears that would kill to have Carr.

If at the end of this season he gets sacked for an average like yesterday (5x16=80) eighty times, does he demand to leave?

I would. Even if my career is no better, at least I will be able to walk without a cain when I'm 30. The Texans could probably get at least a 2nd and 3rd round pick for him. Then Bob fires the entire front office and starts fresh and new.

Actually Carr should be thankfull we have made him a poster child that cant do no wrong your post proves it. you think carr has nothing to do with his poor performance if ive said it once ive said a million times David carr played his college ball for fresno state wich equals the WAC ala trent dilfer and so many other worthless qb's over time. his weak schedule in college made him seem like a good qb but honestly even you know he isnt. i pray management sees that look at david stat last just last year and you will see when tony banks was in the game he had a higher QB rating higher touchdown to interception ratio dont lie to yourself about david carr ive seen this coming forever now and some fans are starting to see it too. its just sad we couldnt predict the future because i bet you our first round pick our franchise pretty boy would of been Julius Peppers. right now i say there are about 28 qbs i rather have than carr hell ill even take old *** kurt my wife looks like a man on heroin warner.
Old 09-12-2005   #67
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just thinking that elite...I hear Ramsey wants to be traded from the Redskins ...or maybe we could trade for Phillip Rivers?
Old 09-12-2005   #68
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Hervoyel

That has got to be have seen...Very nice!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #69
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf

Attitude has definitely changed. NFL.com calling him "broken Carr"
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #70
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, if Carr has lost faith in the system, that should be a big incentive for McNair to make sweeping changes.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #71
texan_fan
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to texan_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan
I agree that Carr is basically getting cippled out there. I don't think Vick, P. Manning, McNabb, McNair, Brady, and dare I say Rothlesberger would survive behind our O-line.
THANK YOU. That was my point!
texan_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #72
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

He looked like he quit on a couple of plays to me yesterday, especially on that fumble.
Old 09-12-2005   #73
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafterticket
Okay. Outside of them hitting Murphy and Bruenner, and Carr getting a "moral completion" on Zombie Gaffney, I can't blame him for sleeping a little in the booth.
LOL. After reading these threads the moral completion stands out as Carr's highlight yesterday.

Zombie Gaffney, nice.
Old 09-12-2005   #74
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally think we will go out of our way to get some linemen in town. And we might have to overpay, but I don't see Carr leaving unless Ragone steps up.

I personally don't see us using a 1st rounder on another QB..it is a lineman
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #75
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr will be here for at least another couple of years. Where he will be on the depth chart is unknown.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #76
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Gosh what a nasty remark.

The guy is active in the community, gives back to the community and has been an upstanding citizen. He's hardly a pile of trash as you say. :brickwall
I agree. We may have disagreements about what is wrong with the team but Carr is an upstanding character guy.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #77
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
I think Carr will not be resigned!

Coaches do not want to admit that they have any fault at all so it's basically Carr vs the Coaches now. One way or another one party will not remain in houston after this season.
If that happened and I was Carr, I'd get at that QB and pray w/ him for his health.

McNair, I'm sure you have an idea about the game of football. Your QB is getting butchered out there. I don't care who you put back there at QB, he's gonna get sacked. It's a shame that w/ all of that talent they just can't get the job done. The plays suck, I'm surprised AJ even made it to the Pro Bowl last season, I think back on it I don't think AJ touched the ball ENOUGH and still isn't. But when he did, WOW!!! How often is the tight end used? This is probably going to end up becoming my signature until it happens consistently... WE WANT TO WIN!!!!
HoustonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #78
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher
I agree. We may have disagreements about what is wrong with the team but Carr is an upstanding character guy.
I agree. Carr is a good guy. That was harsh callng him a piece of trash.
HoustonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #79
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

The comment was harsh. Carr is a good person of high character.

Having said that, I am starting to have significant doubts about him as a franchise quarterback. Granted, the pass protection has been horrendous, but on those (rare) occasions when he has time, he holds the ball too long and doesn't seem as crisp as the top quarterbacks in the league.

I had aspirations he could be a Pro Bowl type player, and that's still possible if the protection and offensive schemes ever get any good, but I'm not so sure anymore. It may be that for all his athletic ability, he's simply going to be an average to slightly above-average QB. I hope I'm wrong.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #80
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreTxn
Coaching staff!Coaching staff!Coaching staff!
open your friggin eyes BOB!

Totally wrong dom capers or palmer are not out in the field locking down on one reciever or throwing 3 interceptions coaching can only take some blame for bad calls not for bad throws. it doesnt matter how much you want to believe david is a troy aikman in the making wich i heard that in the past and was totally funny lol.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read