Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2005   #41
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's easy ... first we added VICTOR FRIGGIN RILEY! Second, the coaching staff has NOT changed. These are the precise issues I'm addressing. If you can honestly say to yourself that any other QB would be anywhere differently after 3 years in this system, then we have nothing more to discuss.
You just made my point for me thank you...If things have been the same for the last 3 seasons, why has Carr regressed and not at least kept up his performance of the last 2 or 3 seasons? Last season he threw only 14 INT's all season and has 3 already this season in one game...Face it Carr=Couch
Old 09-12-2005   #42
HardCoreTxn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HardCoreTxn Send a message via MSN to HardCoreTxn Send a message via Yahoo to HardCoreTxn
Angry

Coaching staff!Coaching staff!Coaching staff!
open your friggin eyes BOB!
Old 09-12-2005   #43
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 666 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What are you supposed to be a Gr8 fan of? To me you sound very average.
well is sure ain't David Carr, now is it.

and not that I really OWE you some kind of answer, but since I am feeling ina generous mood today, I am thegr8fan of the Texans as a whole. As embarrassing as that is to admit to after yesterdays game. It doesn't mean I am going to watch them play like a bunch of smucks and NOT say anything about it.

But I also like to stay on topic and the topic of this thread was David Carr, not the Texans as a team.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #44
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
You just made my point for me thank you...If things have been the same for the last 3 seasons, why has Carr regressed and not at least kept up his performance of the last 2 or 3 seasons? Last season he threw only 14 INT's all season and has 3 already this season in one game...Face it Carr=Couch
You have no clue. Sure Carr made mistakes yesterday, we were playing a top 5 defense, of course he's going to make a few bonehead plays. He made some potential nice plays too (Gaffney shoulder, Bradford long bomb with eyes closed)
I actually didn't mind them going deep for the endzone on that one pick, Andre had beat 2 guys, the safety just made a fantastic play, he's a pro-bowler. What I do have a problem with is Carr not having the time to set up and view his options, he has to focus on a particular target because of a collapsing pocket. There was pressure from the sides where our tackles were routinely getting beat on the speed rush, we got pressure up the middle from bull rushes. When you have pressure like that and you don't call quick slants but maybe 3 times a game, your offense is going to sputter. I can't blame the QB for that.
Old 09-12-2005   #45
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You have no clue. Sure Carr made mistakes yesterday, we were playing a top 5 defense, of course he's going to make a few bonehead plays. He made some potential nice plays too (Gaffney shoulder, Bradford long bomb with eyes closed)I actually didn't mind them going deep for the endzone on that one pick, Andre had beat 2 guys, the safety just made a fantastic play, he's a pro-bowler. What I do have a problem with is Carr not having the time to set up and view his options, he has to focus on a particular target because of a collapsing pocket. There was pressure from the sides where our tackles were routinely getting beat on the speed rush, we got pressure up the middle from bull rushes. When you have pressure like that and you don't call quick slants but maybe 3 times a game, your offense is going to sputter. I can't blame the QB for that.
Carr has been making mistakes since game 1 preseason, and a lot of people said "It's only preseason it doesn't count" and to that I said it may not count, but we get to see how our first team offense looks against other 1st team defenses and there is reason for worry. A lot of people called me crazy, and now some of them are calling for Carr's head. Sure he was pressured some yesterday, but the small amount of time he played in the preseason he was not pressured at all and was throwing INT's left and right...And as far as the throw to Andre, there was no fantastic play made there. It looked like Carr threw the ball straight up into the air and it hung for 10 seconds, by the time the ball came down there were 3 defenders around Andre.

CARR PRESEASON STATS
15/34 114 yards 44.1 completion percentage 1 TD 4 INT sacked 1 time
Oh but it was just preseason, it didn't mean anything...
Old 09-12-2005   #46
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
and not that I really OWE you some kind of answer, but since I am feeling in a generous mood today, I am thegr8fan of the Texans as a whole. As embarrassing as that is to admit to after yesterdays game. It doesn't mean I am going to watch them play like a bunch of schmucks and NOT say anything about it.

But I also like to stay on topic and the topic of this thread was David Carr, not the Texans as a team.
(in a tone as if speaking to a pouty little girl): Come on, baby. I'm sorry I made you mad. When I read your first post, it seemed like you were just an angry guy bashing David Carr. Now that I've read a second post, I can see you're not even that.
rafterticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #47
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 666 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL, carefull rafterticket, the Mods on this board don't like personal bashing.

Your gonna have to be a bit more inventive if you think that is going to upset me or something. Your using the wrong bait son, and I just ain't biting.

I will be at the games and make noise with the best of them in support of the team. I won't 'boo' Carr when he is on the field, or makes a bad play, no matter how much I think he deserves it. But I won't put on the 'Carr is a God' Beer Bottle thick Rose colored glass's that some on this board like the wear permantly.

Ragone may not be able to do much better than Carr. But with a rating of 12.1, does anyone think Ragone could any WORSE?
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2005   #48
rafterticket
Veteran

Default Apologies

Mods and Gr8fan, my apologies. That was said in fun, I swear.

Gr8fan, I know you are a fan. I just vehemently disagree with you.
rafterticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #49
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Ragone may not be able to do much better than Carr. But with a rating of 12.1, does anyone think Ragone could any WORSE?
Yes. The way the team played yesterday, no QB would have done much (any) better, and inexperienced ones would do worse.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #50
texan279
Hall of Fame

Just because he does not have much experience against 1st team talent does not make Ragone inexperienced...
Old 09-12-2005   #51
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog
Don't take this the wrong way texan fans, but I beleive that Carr is the next Tim Couch (minus the playoff appearances).
LOL the Jags have their own problems with Leftwich.

How many points did y'all score last year? Oh thats right not very many!!
Your defense carries your team.

Leftwich + Texans O-line = #1 overall pick in the Draft.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #52
JaguarsFan1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
LOL the Jags have their own problems with Leftwich.

How many points did y'all score last year? Oh thats right not very many!!
Your defense carries your team.

Leftwich + Texans O-line = #1 overall pick in the Draft.

Lefty looked like Marino yesterday. Carr looked like Betty White. Last year is just what it is, last year. Now, with that said I always have liked Carr, and hope he will become a top QB in the league. Maybe its not him or the o-line. Could it be the blocking scheme? BTW Jags put up 26 yesterday. Oh, more importantly got the W.
JaguarsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #53
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

I agree that Carr is basically getting cippled out there. I don't think Vick, P. Manning, McNabb, McNair, Brady, and dare I say Rothlesberger would survive behind our O-line.
HoustonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #54
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew there was a reason we should have kept Drew Henson.. We could have alternated series to keep both from taking a severe beating
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #55
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets put the blame where it needs to be, Palmers mom. If she never gave birth to him then he wouldnt be our O/C.

There is said it.
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #56
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
Lets put the blame where it needs to be, Palmers mom. If she never gave birth to him then he wouldnt be our O/C.

There is said it.
Man, that hurt.
HoustonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #57
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_fan
First of all, this is crazy!

IT IS NOT DAVID'S FAULT! :twocents
:
YOU'RE IN DENIAL!
Old 09-12-2005   #58
thegr8fan
All Pro

Quote:
Gr8fan, I know you are a fan. I just vehemently disagree with you.
no insult taken rafterticket, but thank you for the apology offered.

and on this you and I will just have to vehemently disagree with each other.

Hey, I'm OK with that though. If this board had a bunch of 'yes men' it would be pretty boring, IMHO.

and just for the record, I don't put the entire loss on the shoulders of Carr. I think the entire organization 'shoulders' some of the blame. From Casserly down to the towel boys. No one person makes an embarrassing loss like that happen all by themselves. But I do think Carr shares a 'lions share' share of blame. I can certainly understand that some would not agree with that though.

At the end of the day, or high noon come Sunday, we will all be in agreement though that we are ............. fans
Old 09-12-2005   #59
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

i lie carr. i dont want him to leave. but for his saftey he should. he's gonna get the **** beat out of him..
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #60
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

If I was Carr.. I would be out the door as fast as my feet could take me.

He is getting NO help down here, if he stays, he will more than likely be forced into early retirement.. either because of injury, or lack of production due to countless seasons with no protection.

If I was him.. id take a job riding the pine for whoever has a good Oline.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read