Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2005   #21
SESupergenius

Ity rediculous to assign the blame on Carr when these same experts knew that our o-line was not addressed. Oh wait yes it was it was Riley, sorry my bad. Ever since we got Riley our offensive line has been solid and that kid from Fresno had better start putting up on his end of the deal.

the level of insight from the so called "veteran" members is shocking.
Old 09-12-2005   #22
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

"Fact...J.P. Losman is the reincarnation of Kenny Stabler." - Matty Fitz

...that caught my eye 279... maybe so. Stabler was one of my favorites of all time ... his 2 minute drills can't be beat!
And Losman was out there just having fun.... no pressure, no stress whatsoever. He looked great!
As for Carr ... ... just don't know anymore.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #23
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...that caught my eye 279... maybe so. Stabler was one of my favorites of all time ...the excitement he created .. his 2 minute drills can't be beat! And Losman was out there just having fun.... no pressure, no stress whatsoever. He looked great!
Honestly, um, I don't care for J.P. Losman I just think Matty Fitz's commercials on the NFL Network are hilarious, and that phrase comes from my favorite Matty Fitz commercial...
Old 09-12-2005   #24
Fldvldog
Veteran

Don't take this the wrong way texan fans, but I beleive that Carr is the next Tim Couch (minus the playoff appearances).
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #25
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, someone else just posted that on the Jags MB and you had to run over here and post it?
Old 09-12-2005   #26
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
We should get Vince Young next year, he'll be the scrambling queen of Texas!

Then we would get a QB that expects the line to collapse AND can run like a madman..
I like Vince Young as much as the next guy, but he is not NFL ready YET. Much less put him behind an overall poor o-line and its downhill from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #27
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
if he does quit, it will when Casserly says "you can quit or we can fire you, which one is your choice".

No team in the NFL is going to put him under center as a starter, cause the rest of the NFL can see he ain't smart enough to run an offense.
What are you supposed to be a Gr8 fan of? To me you sound very average.
rafterticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2005   #28
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
What are you supposed to be a Gr8 fan of? To me you sound very average.
Because he speaks the truth and doesn't look at everything through battle red glasses?
Old 09-12-2005   #29
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
I like Vince Young as much as the next guy, but he is not NFL ready YET. Much less put him behind an overall poor o-line and its downhill from there.
Well, at least he CAN run when the entire line collapses
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #30
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

To answer the original question:

Yes, if things continue as they have, I, as David Carr, would ask to leave. I would do whatever possible to get off of this team IF THINGS CONTINUE AS THEY HAVE.

We have shell shocked this guy, and haven't done much to help his career.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #31
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Because he speaks the truth and doesn't look at everything through battle red glasses?
No. The both of you are so "average" in the way you place the blame on one guy, when there is SO much blame to go around on this issue, from ALL eleven offensive starters all the way up to Charlie Casserly. Meanwhile, Dom and Charlie keep spewing the same ****. You know, the "well...we didn't get things done and that's just something we got to work on before next week..". The fact is they were unprepared with no game plan and no will to execute the plays they were assigned to run. EVERY FREAKING ONE OF THEM!

Did anyone hear Brent Jones yesterday? "Is it just me, or do the Texans never pass on first down?" He questioned the coaching many times, too. I was never the biggest 49er fan, but I sure do respect a player of his caliber.

I think Carr had potential, but he got hosed by his coaching staff and his GM. He looked shellshocked.....no, worse; he looked like my dad's gunshy birddog. I always admired the way Carr could take a mean hit and get right back up. Whatever that was, it was gone yesterday. I take this much back - he had a pair to just to line UP with that offense.

Kudos to the defense. What they did with the holes they were placed in is not bad. With a lesser unit, it could have been 42-7.

So....if you want to continue placing the blame on one guy, please continue. I just think the last thing you can call yourself is a great fan, if you aren't angry and critical with some perspective.
Old 09-12-2005   #32
Rightnow
Veteran

If I was Carr and kept taking a beating like last Sunday I would go to the media on my own and call out the Texan's organization. There would be a large price to pay behind the scenes, but not having a broken neck would be worth it. He is not going to make the season if he gets sacked 3-6 times a game and is running while trying to slide, and is hurled out of bounds as he tries to get the first. Nobody can take that abuse.
Rightnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #33
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did anyone hear Brent Jones yesterday? "Is it just me, or do the Texans never pass on first down?" He questioned the coaching many times, too. I was never the biggest 49er fan, but I sure do respect a player of his caliber.
I heard him and when he said it at 4:22 in the third quarter, the Texans had passed (or attempted to pass) on first down 7 times and ran it 7 times. Maybe he was a good player but he's not real observant.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #34
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No. The both of you are so "average" in the way you place the blame on one guy, when there is SO much blame to go around on this issue, from ALL eleven offensive starters all the way up to Charlie Casserly. Meanwhile, Dom and Charlie keep spewing the same ****. You know, the "well...we didn't get things done and that's just something we got to work on before next week..". The fact is they were unprepared with no game plan and no will to execute the plays they were assigned to run. EVERY FREAKING ONE OF THEM!
I know Carr is not the only one to blame, we can blame Fangio for fluff playcalling yesterday, or how about Palmer for the conservative playcalling, I could go on and on. But I am tired of some not wanting to put any blame at all on Carr, blaming the O line, the O coordinator, the QB coach and so on. It is ridiculous. You wanna know why I am so down on Carr? Look at what he did yesterday, when he did have time to throw a ball he would throw into double or triple coverage, which is where 2 of his picks came from, when he DID have tim, CANNOT blame the O line for that. Marc Bulger was sacked SEVEN times yesterday and threw for 356 yards 2 TD and 1 INT. Face it Carr is not a good decision maker, has no field of vision, and cannot look off defenders, and his accuracy has been horrible lately. You know Carr was our #1 pick and is making almost $9 million dollars this season is the reason I am the toughest on Carr, he needs to start performing like a #1 pick, but those of you defending him and saying he has no blame whatsoever go ahead and keep thinking that...
Old 09-12-2005   #35
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I heard him and when he said it at 4:22 in the third quarter, the Texans had passed (or attempted to pass) on first down 7 times and ran it 7 times. Maybe he was a good player but he's not real observant.
Okay. Outside of them hitting Murphy and Bruenner, and Carr getting a "moral completion" on Zombie Gaffney, I can't blame him for sleeping a little in the booth.
Old 09-12-2005   #36
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Why would we need to upgrade the O line if when Carr does have time he throws INT's? To give him more time to throw more INT's? I ain't saying our O line is perfect, but there are a lot of people here who are blaming everything and everyone under the sun for Carr's performance of late except for Carr...
In response to texan279 - you have repeatedly focused on this play. I think what most people are trying to say is the O-line and coaching staff are responsible for getting Carr to where he is right now. Carr is not a good QB right now, and I'm not sure I have seen anyone say so. What I see are a bunch of people disappointed in his performance to this point, when he obviously has the talent to be a Pro Bowl QB. The point I keep raising is that yes, he has underperformed, and may in fact be ruined completely. But if you think sticking another QB in this situation is going to solve anything, you're wrong. And that, to me, says volumes about how much of the blame for where things are today can be laid at Carr's feet. Carr certainly has some culpability for his performance issues on a game-by-game basis, but when you look at the overall picture for the last 3 seasons, there is a recurring theme - Carr getting killed. At this point, he's gunshy, has happy feet, and may never develop into the QB that we all envisioned. For that, our coaches need to stand accountable. And before we put another "franchise" QB in there, we need to fix the reaql problem. We're all complaining about the paint job when the engine is missing on all cylinders.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #37
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
We have shell shocked this guy, and haven't done much to help his career.
With the pounding he has taken I actually feel sorry for him. His confidence seems shaken to the core. He seems frustrated beyonf belief. Sad.
Exascor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #38
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
In response to texan279 - you have repeatedly focused on this play. I think what most people are trying to say is the O-line and coaching staff are responsible for getting Carr to where he is right now. Carr is not a good QB right now, and I'm not sure I have seen anyone say so. What I see are a bunch of people disappointed in his performance to this point, when he obviously has the talent to be a Pro Bowl QB. The point I keep raising is that yes, he has underperformed, and may in fact be ruined completely. But if you think sticking another QB in this situation is going to solve anything, you're wrong. And that, to me, says volumes about how much of the blame for where things are today can be laid at Carr's feet. Carr certainly has some culpability for his performance issues on a game-by-game basis, but when you look at the overall picture for the last 3 seasons, there is a recurring theme - Carr getting killed. At this point, he's gunshy, has happy feet, and may never develop into the QB that we all envisioned. For that, our coaches need to stand accountable. And before we put another "franchise" QB in there, we need to fix the reaql problem. We're all complaining about the paint job when the engine is missing on all cylinders.
LOL everyone wants to blame everone else for Carr "underachieving". Carr will never be more than an average NFL QB, if that. If all of this is the O line's and coaches fault, why has Carr regressed after we added Riley to the O line and the coaching staff has not changed...One more performance like this, and Carr will be in the media's hot seat instead of Harrington, Joey actuallly did something yesterday...
Old 09-12-2005   #39
RocCityJag
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01
I will pay this pile of trash to leave. He totally sucks.

and let me ask, do you really think that you are going to get a good Qb to come down here? ummm no. The only way you will get a desent QB is threw the draft and the whole thing that happened to Carr is going to happen all over again.

stop being cheep. Fix the Oline
RocCityJag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #40
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
LOL everyone wants to blame everone else for Carr "underachieving". Carr will never be more than an average NFL QB, if that. If all of this is the O line's and coaches fault, why has Carr regressed after we added Riley to the O line and the coaching staff has not changed...One more performance like this, and Carr will be in the media's hot seat instead of Harrington, Joey actuallly did something yesterday...
That's easy ... first we added VICTOR FRIGGIN RILEY! Second, the coaching staff has NOT changed. These are the precise issues I'm addressing. If you can honestly say to yourself that any other QB would be anywhere differently after 3 years in this system, then we have nothing more to discuss.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read