Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2005   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default At least AJ is honest

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3349455

Quote:
"I'm embarrassed," said Johnson, who caught only three passes for 18 yards. "I don't know how anybody else feels. But I'm embarrassed. I don't know what else to say. We didn't come out. We didn't do nothing. So we got our butts kicked."

Quote:
"After a while, you just kind of wonder why we can't get going," Johnson said "We knew what they were going to do. We just couldn't execute. Guys were missing assignments. We had penalties, turnovers. You can't win a game like that."
Quote:
"I saw some double teams today, but that's not an excuse," Johnson said. "We had other guys open at times. Sometimes he just didn't have the time to get the ball off."
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

quote from "The" AJ: "Sometimes he just didn't have the time to get the ball off."

Sometimes? How 'bout never. I find it ironic that the one guy who probably got double and triple teamed all game, the one guy that we all know is our best player and all heart is the one who comes out and says he's embarrassed. Where is Steve McKinney and his buddies? Now Dunta will come out and say how embarrassed his is. Sheesh.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #3
lucky13

steve mckinney is the worst offensive lineman to start in the NFL in at least 5 years.

i met him once- there are girls with bigger arms than his.
Old 09-12-2005   #4
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Might as well let the rookie play at center, if McKinney can't get it done. IN the meantime.
Old 09-12-2005   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 115170 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
"I saw some double teams today, but that's not an excuse," Johnson said. "We had other guys open at times. Sometimes he just didn't have the time to get the ball off."
We had other guys open....at times. The day after and its tough being a Texan faithful. Here's to next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #6
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Yea this game made me wonder why we didnt keep the stupid oilers. Then again, maybe some day like 20020 we will be good.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #7
cadahnic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13
steve mckinney is the worst offensive lineman to start in the NFL in at least 5 years.

i met him once- there are girls with bigger arms than his.
Lucky 13 you are full of ****. Think of Milford Brown, Seth Wand, and the countless other scrubs we brought in this offseason. There is a reason that McKinney has played in this league so long. Until you ever strap up the cleats and get your *** out there dont knock someone who has...
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2005   #8
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

You can really single out McKinney, even though ihe is consistantly one of the worst linemen on our team. The entire o line should be blamed, have any of them shown anything to show they deserve the millions they are getting? I almost never get to see the texans play so if anyone could give me some info it would be nice.
Old 09-12-2005   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
We had other guys open....at times. The day after and its tough being a Texan faithful. Here's to next week!
I find a fith of anything helps
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #10
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

that entire line is **** and until we start laying a good foundation with it...it'll keep hindering the team's ability to win, hell....even execute during the entire game.......ONE game at least....sheese!!
Old 09-12-2005   #11
SESupergenius

Let's see if AJ is saying we don't have enough time to get the ball off then who's fault is it? David Carr's? NOT! IT's as clear as day that the offensive line is what is going to make or break this team.

Remembre when Sharper "spoke out" when he played just as horrible against Cleveland last year? IT wasn't until we let him go that people came out of the woodwork calling him out for not being a leader. Byt that analogy then, AJ is no leader either.
Old 09-12-2005   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 115170 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Chron:
Under: Buzzing Bills replace buzzer
Yet on Sunday, Carr said the three-step drop — the quickest release, the one that might have negated the Buffalo pass rush — was called only "two or three times."
This is unfathomable. I can understand it not being used in the first half, but come on. Why was it not used in the second half? 2 or 3 times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read