Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: see thread
Houston Texans: (120 total offensive yards, 5 TOs) 25 40.98%
Minnesota Vikings: (5 TOs from Culpepper alone) 5 8.20%
Green Bay Packers: (Only 3 points, 3 TOs from Favre) 1 1.64%
St. Louis Rams: (Allowed 7 sacks to 49ers) 15 24.59%
Denver Broncos: (Routed by Miami) 11 18.03%
New York Jets: (7 fumbles, only 3 lost) 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2005   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Most embarassing loss?

Which NFL team should be most EMBARASSED with their play today:
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #2
MarleyFan
Veteran

I went with Culpepper.
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

You have to go with the Rams...the Niners are suppose to be the worse team in the league. Guess not.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #4
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston losing to Buffalo shouldn't have been including on THIS board because it's tough for Texans fans to look past it.
Exascor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

As BAD as our loss was, the Rams losing to the 49ers with 7sacks is worse.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #6
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Denver losing to Miami and STL losing to SF were much worse than the Texans loss.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #7
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

A lot of people are predicting the Bills to make the playoffs this year. The loss yesterday was bad, but Buffalo should have a good team this year if Losman doesn't screw things up. Definitely a top defensive team either way.

It has to be the Rams. I was thinking about the Dolphins-Broncos game, but I still believe Miami was never as bad as their record last year and that they just got really screwed over by losing Ricky Williams like they did, when they did. That defense was still good for most of the season. They just had ZERO offense.
Old 09-12-2005   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

This game ranks up there pretty high. Getting dominated is not a good feeling. Getting dominated for 60 minutes is down right unbearable.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #9
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

A 4-12 team from last year (Miami) pounds a playoff team from last year and that isn't more embarrassing than the Texan's loss (to a 9-7 team from last year)?

These results aren't biased.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #10
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

The Texans lost to a GREAT team we have nothing to be embarassed about. But or performance was not awe inspiring. I am hoping buffalo is just that good this year.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

actually I have to disagree with all the choices. the worst in my humble opinion was the beating the Baltimore Ravens took in THEIR HOUSE to a very good Colt team. here is why

1. remember the Colts used to play in Baltimore (sound familar?)

2. did anyone else see the opening with Ray Lewis going crazy, waving the flag, pumping his chest, doing the dance and yelling WE MUST PROTECT OUR HOUSE speach?

3. a lot of people considered the Ravens to be Superbowl contenders.

4 24-7 not 22-7 and is the Colt defense as good as the Bills?

5 Kyle Boller gave Carr a run for his money & he was injured (maybe out for the year)

6 the Colts looked like Superbowl champions

I could keep going on but its too painful & I'm not even a Raven fan that game was just about the most dissapointing highly anticapted match-up I CAN EVER REMEMBER
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

It was 3-0 or 0-0 at half. Their defense hung in there as long as it could. The problem with the the Ravens is the QB position. Boller is NOT the answer. Anthony Wright seemed to have a far easier job moving the offense. His problem, though, is that he is a turnover machine.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #13
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
It was 3-0 or 0-0 at half. Their defense hung in there as long as it could. The problem with the the Ravens is the QB position. Boller is NOT the answer. Anthony Wright seemed to have a far easier job moving the offense. His problem, though, is that he is a turnover machine.
I agree. Boller seems to look worse and worse every time I see him play.
Old 09-15-2005   #14
rick723
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
actually I have to disagree with all the choices. the worst in my humble opinion was the beating the Baltimore Ravens took in THEIR HOUSE to a very good Colt team. here is why

1. remember the Colts used to play in Baltimore (sound familar?)

2. did anyone else see the opening with Ray Lewis going crazy, waving the flag, pumping his chest, doing the dance and yelling WE MUST PROTECT OUR HOUSE speach?

3. a lot of people considered the Ravens to be Superbowl contenders.

4 24-7 not 22-7 and is the Colt defense as good as the Bills?

5 Kyle Boller gave Carr a run for his money & he was injured (maybe out for the year)

6 the Colts looked like Superbowl champions

I could keep going on but its too painful & I'm not even a Raven fan that game was just about the most dissapointing highly anticapted match-up I CAN EVER REMEMBER
I hate ray the knife lewis. Watch a Steeler ratturd game this year. Dan Krider (FB) will put ray ray on his butt at least twice
rick723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyFan
I went with Culpepper.
Tampa is still a good team they just played like *** last 2 years. It is 100% Rams. The 49rs won TWO games last year and didnt really add that much in offseason. The Bills are BAD ASSES who hit us hard with tons of emotion.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #16
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
The Texans lost to a GREAT team we have nothing to be embarassed about. But or performance was not awe inspiring. I am hoping buffalo is just that good this year.
I THINK the Bills may be a very good team (time will tell), but we should be embarrassed about how badly we played on offense (not TOOO bad on defense). I don't like to lose, but if the guys execute well and leave it all on the field and still lose.....well then, ya just got beat by a better team. When ya can't execute the most basic of plays and look like a peewee team, then you should be embarassed about the performance. I truely don't think that was the real offense performance, but they stuck it up big time Sunday.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #17
TexansMVP
Probowler

QB Rating of 12.1 for Carr was pretty embarassing loss in my book.
TexansMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #18
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

i havent seen a 2-14 team or 4-12 team last year with ONLY 120 offensive yards combined in one game, so the texans still get my vote here.
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75697 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

How does a team have 7 fumbles in one game? Wow.

I still picked the Rams, though.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read