Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2005   #21
HoustonHarley
Rookie

You can do it......You can do it all night long!
HoustonHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #22
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192665 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

How about we hire the Water Boy as the head coach and Offensive Coordinator ?

Hervoyel .... This is the team Ive been complaining about since the begining of camp .... People told me my thinking was Flawed ... Well , it isnt . This team sucks and so does the coaching staff ..... After this 5-11 (or worse) season that Capers and Co. give us ..... Maybe Mr. McNair will get his head outa his can and FIRE THE LOT !

Capers you can pack your bags and leave them close to the door ... Palmer and Fangio ... same for you . You guy's may not even see the end of the season at this rate .

Water Boy for Head Coach !
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #23
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
We could use Adam Sandler...

at LB

or QB
Someone needs to go out there and talk to Babin.

"Ok now Jason, what would Captain Insano do to the runningback?"
Old 09-11-2005   #24
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Someone needs to go out there and talk to Babin.

"Ok now Jason, what would Captain Insano do to the runningback?"
I just woke up everyone in my house with my laugh. Instant classic.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #25
HoustonHarley
Rookie

The good news is we are laughing now. This is a very good step in the right direction.
Old 09-11-2005   #26
COOL V
Rookie

Just don't turn on ESPN or pick up a newspaper. I'm thinking of selling my Carr jerseys on eBay. Hope I don't have to pay someone to pick them up. I'll just get a custom one made.
COOL V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #27
gr8slayer

Wow, Willis outgained the whole Texan team in total yards.
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2005   #28
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8slayer
Yeah, but Willis didnt get me a freaking TD in my fantasy league!!! :brickwall

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 09-11-2005   #29
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192665 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8slayer

Tampa Bay MB is waiting for you .....http://bbs.buccaneers.com/
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #30
COOL V
Rookie

DD is still a much better back, wait until the end of the season when Willis has only 800+ yds to DDs 1,244 or so.
Old 09-11-2005   #31
HoustonHarley
Rookie

I think we should all turn ESPN off. I knew someone would bring that stat up. I am popping in The Waterboy.
Old 09-11-2005   #32
aphia1996
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to aphia1996
Default I feel the pain....

Hey My Fellow Texans, I feel your pain and it really hurts to see our team play like they did today against the Bills. This is the first time I saw our team play without any emotion. They just seemed empty, didn't care, poor coaching all around and I don't know what it is because this was the first game of the year. I really thought the (Faster) D was going to be much improved but they were beaten down and Phillip B. was a bust out there today. He alone made JP whatever his name is look like a Pro Bowl QB. While on our side of the ball the team just let the Bills DL, LB and anyone else in to hit Carr. I know some think David can't ready a Defense but you have to have time to read and you have to have recievers in the game even if it is just one pass! I was just ugly all around and I hope and pray this was just one bad week and the team will WAKE UP for next week. If they don't....Whoa..it is going to be a blow out at the hand of the Steelers!!! I also think the Texans lost an emotional leader when A. Glenn was let go. The only player I saw out there with heart was D. Robertson. He was the ONE AND ONLY bright spot of our game.

DOM, Chris Palmer, O~line, D~line and the rest of the Texans we still believe and support you but please WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP!!!!

Geaux Texans

James H.
Houston, Texas
aphia1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #33
COOL V
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphia1996
This is the first time I saw our team play without any emotion.
You're saying this team really is Doms' Team, cause he has no emotion the team has taken on his characteristics. Thank You Bob Mcnair fo bringing football back to Houston, but I wish you would have never brought Dom And Charley here. They should be making Ice Cream(Like Ben & Jerry's) or have a show in Vegas(Jerry Lewis & Dean Martin) or something. They certainly do not know how to manage a football team.

Last edited by COOL V; 09-12-2005 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-12-2005   #34
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a good thing we're laughing about it. I agree with that sentiment. I'm just going to say one more serious thing here about todays game and then I'm done with the post-mortem on this one.

Today I stopped being in favor of Cass and Capers succeeding. I can't wish failure on them because I love the Texans but I no longer care if they succeed. I think the sooner they're gone the sooner we have a chance of going in the right direction and getting some people in here who can win. I heard someone on TV talking about the Patriots the other night. I think it was while the game was on but I don't remember honestly.

The guy talking said something that stuck with me. He said that anyone can find players with the tools to get it done but the Patriots have been focusing on players who want to get it done. That reminded me of the world famous and renowned judge of talent Mike Holovak.

The Oilers and the Chronicle used to love to do that football-human interest story about what an incredible judge of talent Mike Holovak was. They'd point to all these guys who ran the 40 in such-and-such time that Mike found in the late rounds and they'd talk about the incredible line he drafted. I never bought it though. The Oilers line was built out of first rounders and anybody could have made those picks. All those late round steals he found were there for a reason. They were screw ups who were immature, undisciplined, and made stupid mistakes in crunch time. Sure they were all fast and had loads of physical tools but you wouldn't want many of them on your team. There was always somebody better out there though who wasn't as fast or as strong, who couldn't jump as high or who didn't quite match the perfect size you wanted at that spot. That guy always beat our talented late round gems because he was like the players who this guy was talking about The players who want to get it done. Buffalo came back on the Oilers with guys like that. That Oiler team was loaded from top to bottom with players who were almost across the board better physical specimens than their counterparts on the other side but those guys had that thing inside them that wouldn't let them quit.

I hate to see the Texans load up on athletically gifted losers and I'm hoping that Buchanon for instance isn't one of them. Mostly I'm hoping that our current coaches and front office people aren't like the Oilers coaches and front office people back then. I'm hoping they can see the difference between a player with the tools and a player with the heart. From this past off-seasons moves I worry that they can't see the difference.

If they can't then I don't want them here. I'd rather back another team than go down that road again like I did with the Oilers.
Old 09-12-2005   #35
aggieNzona
Rookie

I'm tired of this dumping it down to Davis ****. Sick and tired of it. Especially when he doesnt look at anyone else and dumps it down to him.

Get used to it that is the new brilliant offense the coaching staff came up with in the off season!
aggieNzona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #36
gr8slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL V
DD is still a much better back, wait until the end of the season when Willis has only 800+ yds to DDs 1,244 or so.
Sure. If it makes you feel any better about being *****ed today keep thinking that.
Old 09-12-2005   #37
COOL V
Rookie

You know that new brilliant offense will be Dom and Charleys' scape goat. Dom will again say Patience, we're learning the new offense. B.S. Capie!!! Results, let me spell it for him R-E-S-U-L-T-S not excuses!!!
Old 09-12-2005   #38
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL V
I'm laughing uncontrolably at that statement. Sorry.

Old 09-12-2005   #39
gr8slayer

McGahee started half as many games last year and finished just behind Davis in rushing. You all overrate that fruit. He sucks.
Old 09-12-2005   #40
gr8slayer

McGahee also had 7 - 100 yard rushing games in nine games to DD's 4 in 16.

It was actually more like 7 100 yard games in eight games because he left in the first quarter of the Cincy game last year.

He also didnt finish the Baltimore game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read