Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2005   #1
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 212887 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I can't get past this.

It's 10:15 at night. Basically 7 hours after the Bills finished wiping the stadium with the Texans and I can't get over how mad I am. Since this team showed up I can't remember a single moment where I felt worse about them and where they were going than right now. It's worse now than it was an hour ago. An hour ago it was worse than when the game ended. It just keeps building up steam inside me.

This isn't like last years loss to Cleveland and it's not like the slap downs we had in Denver and Indianapolis last season either. It's so far beyond any loss from 2002 or 2003 that they aren't even worth mentioning.

This was humiliating to watch. This was something the Oilers would manufacture. That idiotic look on Dom Capers face as the game wore on could have been lifted right off of Jack Pardees face during the whipping they got at the hands of Jerry Glanvilles Falcons in his first game. Just that bovine, uncomprehending, vacant stare as his team imploded before his eyes despite all the work he'd done in camp.

More important than that this was avoidable. This isn't year one or year two. This isn't a team with an injury list a mile long. This team has had plenty of time to get deep and built. They've been through four drafts and four free agent periods. If they don't have the horses to play in this league it's the fault of the guy putting this train wreck together. It's because Charlie Casserly spends too much time trying to be the "personnel genius" and not enough time doing the obvious. Use the picks Charlie! How hard is that to do? Stop trading them for people who don't produce and who aren't worth the position you take them at. We don't need a riverboat gambler bartering picks away and giving our division rivals the rest of our second day. We need to draft wisely and not out-think ourselves.

Was Jason Babin worth the picks you gave away? Was Buchanon worth the picks you gave away? Does the 3 you got for Drew Henson make up for all the picks you've thrown away on guys you overrated? Did the Texans really need to spend that pick on Dave Ragone while so many journeymen signal callers were out there looking for work? Don't answer that last one because it might just give away something a lot of us have been concerned about for some time now. Exactly how sure are you that the David Carr pick was the way to go? Why did you go and grab a backup so fast after that? Was it because you knew you were going to beat this kid to death before the rest of the team was ready? Is it because in retrospect you think maybe he isn't going to be the guy after all?

You wasted that pick on Ragone but then you also wasted the one on David Carr as well. If you weren't going to put a line in front of him you had no business picking him in that first draft and I think it's safe to say that what the Texans did between 2002 and today is a pathetic excuse of trying to build an offensive line. Tony Boselli didn't work out. Ryan Young didn't work out. Fred Weary didn't work out. Milford Brown didn't work out. An entire host of scrubs have been in and out of our camp since the day you opened it and still, to this day nobody can consistently run block or pass block for the skill players on this team. You didn't get Orlando Pace but you know what? That's your fault not his. The word is that Orlando played you to get more money from the Rams but that's only because you weren't willing to overpay to get it done.

That's right, I said "overpay" because if the Texans were serious about putting a line in front of David Carr after 76, 36, and 49 sack seasons then they'd overpay for the kind of player that Orlando Pace is. The team should have given him stupid money to come to Houston but they didn't. Instead they're spreading out the stupid money to guys like Chester Pitts, who despite being fairly ordinary is at least the best we have here today. They're spending stupid money on Domanick Davis who broke a long run of 7 whole yards today and finished the afternoon with a whopping 48 yards.

I'd like to make something perfectly clear to Mr McNair. We already have one cheap as hell owner in Houston. We don't need two. Drayton does a good enough job of "almost" getting it done. We expect you and your team to get it done. There's a time and a place to overpay and when you say that protecting David Carr is your top priority going into the 2005 season then that's when you overpay if need be. By doing so your protecting your investment in David Carr. If the truth be told you should have done this two years ago. The fact that it's 2005 and this is still a problem makes you look like Drayton McLane. That's not a good thing.

Dom and Staff listen up. I've seen bad football before and if I wanted to keep paying to see it then I'd never have let the Oilers leave town. You need to understand that because a very significant portion of the football watching public in this town feels just about like that. Sure we all love the logo and we enjoy the gameday experience. If you think todays effort had some postives though I'm here to tell you that you're soon to be a member of Bum Phillips famous first catagory of coaches; "Them that's been fired" You're already default members of his second catagory; "Them that's gonna be fired".

Typing all that above hasn't made me feel one bit better. I didn't purge a thing in there. I wonder how long I'm going to stay mad about this loss. I wonder if Bob McNair is mad about this loss. I wonder if Dom Capers or Chris Palmer are mad about his loss. Mostly I wonder how I'm going to feel next week watching the Steelers kick the stuffing out of these tomato cans we've got on our offensive line. Hey I might not even make it through this season. My blood pressure is probably off the charts right now and who knows. Maybe when we're in the middle of getting our heads handed to us by Jamie Sharper and the Seattle Seahawks I'll keel over with a stroke.

If it saves me from seeing another performance like today then fine by me.
Old 09-11-2005   #2
gr8slayer

I know how you feel. Try being a fan of a team who lost four SB's. Things will get better once you get rid of Capers and hire Jerry Gray.
Old 09-11-2005   #3
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8slayer
I know how you feel. Try being a fan of a team who lost four SB's. Things will get better once you get rid of Capers and hire Jerry Gray.
You should be happy just GETTING to 4 super bowls.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #4
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Chill Hervoyel. Look at it this way.
We could be in the Ram's shoes.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #5
HoustonHarley
Rookie

Well at least someone feels the pain I am feeling. And to top it all off, I have no lot to park in next week. I already know I will have to have many adult beverages before the Steelers game.
HoustonHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #6
HoustonHarley
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
Chill Hervoyel. Look at it this way.
We could be in the Ram's shoes.
After today's performance, it could be worse than being in the Ram's shoes. We may be the 49ers of last year. I saw zero confidence or desire on our beloved teams face today. That is not an easy thing to get back.
Old 09-11-2005   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 212887 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

To top it all off I just listened to Bob Allen interview Charlie Casserly and not one word he said came across to me as sincere. I don't know about the rest of you but I really think I've lost whatever confidence I had in this "administration". All I could think of as he was answering that big ol softball that Bob Allen lobbed him was, well I can't really repeat any of what I was thinking (and saying).
Old 09-11-2005   #8
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Im not sure I feel YOUR pain, but I feel something like that. :brickwall
Old 09-11-2005   #9
Elite
Veteran

we are all dissapointed harley i guess some us still had hope we were better that a pee-wee fotball team but things will get better if not know next season i predict a whole new front office and coaching staff.
Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #10
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Only a dream...
Admit it, it looks real gooooooooooooood right about now.

Young to Johnson...TOUCHDOWN.

Carr is 4 years into his career and still cant read a defense. I'm tired of this dumping it down to Davis ****. Sick and tired of it. Especially when he doesnt look at anyone else and dumps it down to him. The ball that hit Gaff was because Gaff was like "Woah, a ball. Thrown my way. By Dave. We must be out of it."

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #11
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Only a dream...
Admit it, it looks real gooooooooooooood about right now.
Sweet. Leinert wouldn't be bad either.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #12
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHarley
After today's performance, it could be worse than being in the Ram's shoes. We may be the 49ers of last year. I saw zero confidence or desire on our beloved teams face today. That is not an easy thing to get back.
I watched the same game. It is season game ONE. Dooming the team for the rest of the season already?

Yep, we stunk. We stunk bad. Ugly stunk. And it does suck. BUT...we will be at home on the 18th (well, maybe not you or I...but most fans will be) and we will see if they pulled their proverbial heads out of their cracks and decided to become the team they should be. A wake up call, of sorts.

We do play the 40 whiners and I hope we don't look like the Rams doing it.

I am so amazed at the tone on these threads. Y'all have fired everyone except the water boy. Is this just oversight or is he your planned replacement for Carr, Capers or Palmer?

Before roasting me in posts, PM and sending me back to ridin' the pine...read the sarcasm in this and the light hearted attempt at humor.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

I have overlooked the many transgressions of the water boy in my previous rantings. Suffice to say that in a change of leadership the water boy will no longer be able to underachieve as he has under Capers and Palmer. He's outta here!
Old 09-11-2005   #14
HoustonHarley
Rookie

I totally understand what you are saying. My biggest concern is the look on the faces of everyone. I remember that look when I played a time or two.
I will be there for sure Sept 18 and one of two things will happen. One we bounce back and show that we are a team and can face adversity, or two we get completly rocked again. If the latter happens, our season is shot and the waterboy isn't a bad option. Maybe team him up with Burger King, DPM and even pick up Minute Man Train guy to start at OL.
Old 09-11-2005   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure, but I think the waterboy may be our best blocker. We might need to keep him.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #16
LoneStarState
Veteran

I saw we bring in that little league team that played at halftime during the Oakland game. At least they could move the ball...
Old 09-11-2005   #17
HoustonHarley
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarState
I saw we bring in that little league team that played at halftime during the Oakland game. At least they could move the ball...
Now we are talking. And did you see that QB throw? Amazing what you can do with a little time.
Old 09-11-2005   #18
COOL V
Rookie

Sorry again,

I just got word that the Waterboy might be released. Help!!!
COOL V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #19
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL V
Sorry again,

I just got word that the Waterboy might be released. Help!!!
We could use Adam Sandler...

at LB

or QB

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #20
COOL V
Rookie

The question now is what are we Texans Fans going to do about getting a new coaching staff??? The whole thing needs to be overhauled. From the head coach to the Stadium ticket takers. We will be okay, it's only going to take a few more years...a few more years...a few more years... By the way has anyone checked on Hervoyel? Trust me I feel the same except about Domanick Davis, he's a slow starter that will come through in the end. Anyone who says Preseason doesn't mean a thing is dead wrong. It sets the tone for the regular season as we've seen today. How many turnovers did we have??? How'd those stinking Colts do???

Last edited by COOL V; 09-11-2005 at 11:45 PM.
COOL V is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read