Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Coaching Change ?
Now 87 54.04%
Wait till 2006 69 42.86%
No change necessary 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2005   #121
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 23884 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Bob McNair speaks.....

Quote:
Texans owner Bob McNair watched practice Wednesday and then gave his opinion on the Buffalo debacle.

"Like everyone else, I was disappointed, but I'm confident we're going to turn this thing around," he said. "It's my responsibility and the responsibility of the coaches, players and scouts everyone in the organization. We all want to do better."

The Texans host the Steelers, who led the NFL in total defense last season.

"Pittsburgh represents a tough challenge for us," McNair said. "Look at what they did against Tennessee (34-7 victory). We don't need to dig ourselves a hole in this game like we did against Buffalo.

"This isn't a make-or-break game, but it'll tell us a lot about our team."

Regarding the inept performance of his offense, McNair said: "I'm concerned, but I'm not worried. I'm frustrated but optimistic. It's one game. If we had won, we wouldn't be the champions."
chronic
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #122
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like Bob is preparing for himself for the worst. As most of us are.

Hey, does anyone remember back when this team had heart? Wasn't that cool?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #123
kevlar_h
Rookie

Default Coach Capers

People need to stop pointing fingers at David Carr and realize that the problem is Coach Capers. Everyone that has ever watched a Texans game has known for 3 years in a row that the main offensinve problem the Texans face is protecting the QB (140 sacks in 3 years). Yet this offseason, Dom and Charlie did nothing to help (except pick up Victor Riley who the Saints didn't think enough of the resign). They gave us fans (and Carr) a little hope when they brought Orlando Pace in to work out for the team. When that fell through, I'll bet David Carr's hopes of staying upright went out the window.

Also, Capers and the OCs that have been with the Texans are all too passive and predictable. It's 1st and 10, what do you do? Run. No matter where they are on the field or how far behind in the game. If that doesn't work why not run it again on 2nd & 10. Oh, it's 3rd & long, we'd better pass this time. Doesn't take much for a defensive coordinator to figure that out.

Hey Capers....get Carr a line to play behind and get more creative in your play calling!
kevlar_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #124
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The reason the Cowboys won the SB the first year Barry was there was because they had the best talent.

Re Coach Capers...perhaps he is better suited to be a coordinator.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #125
SPRBWL
Rookie

Default Capers Comments

Anyone happen to catch Capers comments this evening while addressing some hurricane relief volunteers about " credibility, responsibility, and proper organization and execution" ?

It was on FSN right after the stros game this evening. I was having dinner at the time and just about choked on a piece of chicken wing.

Needless to say I lost my appetite.

This guy should take a closer look in the mirror.

What a hyprocrite.
SPRBWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #126
SPRBWL
Rookie

:brickwall The nerve of this guy simply amazes me.

Completly clueless!
SPRBWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #127
Jester
Rookie

While I can almost appreciate Capers unflappable attitude, I would sure like to see a more fire in his belly. Does this dude ever get worked up?

My question is how long will ol' Bob hang with Capers and Charlie?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read