Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Coaching Change ?
Now 87 54.04%
Wait till 2006 69 42.86%
No change necessary 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2005   #61
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Sharper was CUT , not traded

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #62
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think not having Sharper is one of our bigger problems right now. Nothing on our Defense is the real problem right now, but you can fire any coach you want to for all I care at this point. Fangio's OK, but I don't care.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #63
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler
Default How Much Will We have to Put Up With before Something is Done?

Sorry,
But I didnt like Capers before he became a Texan's coach and surely I am not the only one not liking him now. But how much is too much? Palmer should have been fired last year. This year I heard from Caper's own mouth on ch. 13 that he backs Palmer's run first game plan.

I knew we were in trouble when they passed on a good WR in the draft when the first round pick was ours and then had to settle for a D Line man who I have yet to see play.

Still predicting a 4/12 season and the firing of some coaches this year....
Old 09-13-2005   #64
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

I'm not going to defend the playcalling or the punting. However, folks need to keep stuff in perspective. This game was no more atrocious than the Cleveland game last year, not after you factor in the relative strengths of opponent.

How many people were upset headed into Week 17 last year after the big J-ville game? Two games is not enough to be talking about ANY personnel changes.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #65
CoolieMan
Rookie

Run first........yet against buffalo your team actually passed more on 1st down than rushed the ball......
CoolieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #66
JRUTIAGA
waterboy

they will never be able to do any thing as long as the coaching staff stays the same. if any of the coordinators or head coach would be in any other team, they would of gotten fired by now. i blame them for the reason why the texans play and lose the way that they do. they dont care. they are more worried about players that tomorrow might be good, rather than saying i need GREAT players now. the only reason why houston is a threat in basketball is because they spent money. and it seams like the texans are not willing to do that.
JRUTIAGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #67
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
I knew we were in trouble when they passed on a good WR in the draft when the first round pick was ours and then had to settle for a D Line man who I have yet to see play.
Who is this good WR? Clayton? Jones?

If your talking about Williamson, Edwards, or Williams...they were all gone.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2005   #68
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolieMan
Run first........yet against buffalo your team actually passed more on 1st down than rushed the ball......

For once .... but if you ask me this is a GOOD thing because EVERYONE puts 8 in the box against the Texans because they KNOW whats coming .

Old 09-13-2005   #69
CoolieMan
Rookie

opposing defenses do the same thing to the Steelers.....last week in the second half the Steelers ran the ball something like 22 straight times....Roethlisberger threw 2 passes the entire second half....

given a stonger OL....the Texans could do something similar.....
CoolieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #70
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I've read an article yesterday that said the Caper's offense is conservative run, while Palmer's is more of an air-it-out style. The problem, as mentioned in the Chronicle article, is that the coaches are not in agreement with each other.

We do need to keep one game in perspective, though. It's not the end of the world or end of the season...heck, it's not even the beginning of the end. It's one game that our team played really bad.

Last edited by Double Barrel; 09-13-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #71
NeViKaN
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I've read an article yesterday that said the Caper's offense is conservative run, while Palmer's is more of an air-it-out style. The problem, as mentioned in the Chronicle article, is that the coaches are not in agreement with each other.
I have heard this before. Chris basically said his hands are tied.

A thought that I had (probably not any better than what we have now) is to let Capers go and let Chris Palmer be the intermediate Head Coach. He has been a head Coach before (not great) and the change in the play book might be what we need.

But keep in mind that NO MATTER who the coach is, or who the QB is, or who the RB is, the four year old line problems need to be fixed or no one will be able to do anything. The Bills fixed their line why can't we?

What do ya’ll think?
NeViKaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #72
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Who is this good WR? Clayton? Jones?

If your talking about Williamson, Edwards, or Williams...they were all gone.
Williams wasn't gone when our time came up. Capers decided to roll the dice thinking no one was going to take him and traded down with New Orleans. But to his surprise, Detroit snatched him up so fast Capers head is still spinning. Stupid move....
Old 09-13-2005   #73
ojthecat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
Williams wasn't gone when our time came up. Capers decided to roll the dice thinking no one was going to take him and traded down with New Orleans. But to his surprise, Detroit snatched him up so fast Capers head is still spinning. Stupid move....

No Williams was gone Detroit picked before the Texans
Old 09-13-2005   #74
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

My new revised Sig and Avatar say it all I believe. At least they say what I think about this whole mess.
Old 09-13-2005   #75
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it impossible to get Charlie Weiss from Notre Dame next year .

If your going to draft a QB ( 1st pick) 1st round and a WR (3rd pick ) 1st round you don't have an anal control coach who wants 4.0 yds a carry and a good kicking game .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #76
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
Is it impossible to get Charlie Weiss from Notre Dame next year .

If your going to draft a QB ( 1st pick) 1st round and a WR (3rd pick ) 1st round you don't have an anal control coach who wants 4.0 yds a carry and a good kicking game .

I Highly doubt he (Weiss) would leave Notre Dame for the Texans head coaching position ..... I know I wouldnt .

On your second point I agree completely , the Texans personel does not fit their coaches "Blueprint" .... As I stated before the Texans skill position players operate better in space rather than between the tackles .....

The idea of cutting Capers loose and handing the reigns over to Palmer on an interm basis may actually have some merit .... Their styles are so contradictory that the two of them just CAN NOT co-exist ... The skill position players fit better within Palmers style than Capers so it would make more sense to fire Capers than Plamer ..... Stranger things have happened .

Old 09-13-2005   #77
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather watch the crocidiles eat the zebras on the National Geographic Channel than watch the Texans on third and long . The crocs are less violent .

If we had a killer defense I would understand the Texans reasonings but we don't . We need about 20 points a game to go 10-6 .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #78
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojthecat
No Williams was gone Detroit picked before the Texans
We had the pick "before" Detroit and traded it off to New Orleans. We COULD have gotten him instead of a def player....
Old 09-13-2005   #79
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel

We do need to keep one game in perspective, though. It's not the end of the world or end of the season...heck, it's not even the beginning of the end. It's one game that our team played really bad.
Interestingly, mentioned on 610 on the way home is that Palmer calls the plays and yes, Capers has the final say to nix the play if wanted but it was mentioned he very rarely does so. (noted during the 5:00 hour or so). Also noted that teams in the past have done well offensively under Palmer as OC.

Personally, it's confusing to know what to think will be the "magical bullet" to cure the ills... I don't think it's just going to be one shot that does it.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #80
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

There are too many things that have to go right. I still believe that their weakest link is in the TE position and not the OL, but time will tell. We still have a lot of football left to play...
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read