Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Coaching Change ?
Now 87 54.04%
Wait till 2006 69 42.86%
No change necessary 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2005   #1
SPRBWL
Rookie

Default Coaching Change ?

Do we change our coaches now and plan for the future or do wait till next year and risk someone getting hurt BAD?
SPRBWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #2
Elite
Veteran

well i would say make a change but who i guess we just ride out the storm knowing there's better things to come. im sure mister mcnair hates losing and im sure he will apply enough pressure to have something done at the end of the season if not a whole new front office as well.
Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #3
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Coaching change now but not Capers. Palmer needs to go and then maybe Capers and Fanigo will realize it is time to wake up and start being more aggressive.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #4
htownhitman
Rookie

How about an option to change coaches at mid-season?
htownhitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #5
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Promote Hoke.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #6
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

The score does not show it - enough, anyway - but this was a horrible loss. Play calling was what it has been, bad. Looking back on pre-season I believe there were some questionable cuts - Sloan Thomas, Reggie Swinton, Corey Sears - these guys either have or were probably going to make an impact on this team.

Bottomline McNair, we want this team to win.
HoustonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #7
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
Promote Hoke.
He seems to be the most animated of the coaching staff. Too animated. Hoke has my vote.

See the kind of coach Jeff Fisher turned out to be when he was promoted.
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2005   #8
Elite
Veteran

i honestly think the team was playing not loose by anymore than what the score was i think thats why they punted both times on fourth down i guess they tought 22-7 was respectable.
Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #9
jmlockett
Rookie

when you get used to losing its all down hill then
jmlockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #10
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Changing coaches in the middle of the season wouldnt do any good, because the Texans would have to learn a whole new offense, so I can wait till the end of the season.
Old 09-12-2005   #11
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Where is the fire, intensity and heart to win on this team?
Old 09-12-2005   #12
SPRBWL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan
Where is the fire, intensity and heart to win on this team?

What fire? Are you kidding? Did you see the look on Capers face throughout the whole game? He looked dumber than a bag of hammers
Old 09-12-2005   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

My vote goes to the Water Boy for Head Coach .... He and Capers should change positions
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #14
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

interesting that no one has voted for no change. Are only the irate folks voting? Have you old board vets voted on this?

I voted to wait till 2006. Let things implode and at the end of the season we can take our pick of the litter of the available coaches.

Im not so sure I WANT hoke to be our OC. Is he going to try and run the same offense we have been running? I think a complete change is necessary. We have a ton of talent and no one using it.. i want someone who will come in and mold the offense into something that puts our strengths to use.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I said "Change Now" but I didn't put much thought into it. It was a knee-jerk vote. The more I think about it though what does it matter? Someone has to step in on an interim basis but nobody says you have to hire them at the end of the year. You can still pick your guy out of the available coaches plus you get to see what your team does when shaken up like this.

The one thing that the Texans have had from day one is an almost eerie sense of complacency. Now I'm not talking about bringing on a full blown Bud Adams like upheaval but if these guys see Capers carrying his stuff out of his office in a cardboard box then maybe they'll understand that there aren't anymore free passes.

If they can't handle that pressure then they don't belong here in the first place.
Old 09-12-2005   #16
HoustonHarley
Rookie

Herv.....we think alike. If we lose the first 3-4 games and they are as ugly as this one was, I am in full favor of change now. I think a shake up like that would do wonders.
HoustonHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #17
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default Sooner we start better off we are.

I hate all the wait until the end of the season crud. Nobody's thinking. THe sooner we sweep Capers and his bunch out the sooner we start the rebuilding of the team, no--it's not just rebuiding, it's reinventing, rethinking, reimagining, remaking. It's EVERYTHING about this theam because now, everything is geared to the mediocre. Top to bottom (OK, everybody can think of a couple of exceptions among the players).

DO IT NOW.

We'll have a very rough season but win a few late and next year we'll be ready to go.

I say we beg Jimmy Johnson, and beg, and don't take No for an answer. He's a winner. Not a great man or a great guy or maybe even a great coach, but he wins.

DO IT NOW.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #18
COOL V
Rookie

I'm with you on that one JJ can motivate players "Fumble and you're out of here" Yep, Jerry Jones would be pacing the sidelines again wondering what was he thinking letting JJ go after 3 Super Bowls. Either him or Gary Kubiak. We need someone with true ties to The Great State Of Texas like someone said earlier. Oops I think it was only 2 Cause Barry What's his name coached one didn't he??? Can someone post the number to call for the Doomed Capers Show. I would appreciate it. I bet he calls in sick(Of His Coaching) tomorrow.

Last edited by COOL V; 09-12-2005 at 02:10 AM.
COOL V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #19
SPRBWL
Rookie

How loud do we have to scream and who do we scream to to make these changes happen now? Unfortunatly it seems like at this point all we can do is vent. But no one in the Texans organization is paying attention to its own fans who expect much much more.

It sure is sad, because without the fans...you have nothing.

I wish Mr. Mcnair would listen.

Alot of people here have mentioned the Oilers fiasco. We can prevent this happening again...,but things need to change NOW NOW NOW
Old 09-12-2005   #20
texan0305
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 texan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famer
Default agreed

I agree with vman palmer needs to go! This guy has acheived nothing as his tenure as coach or offensive cordinator, the same exact plays are being called, i could game plan a defense to stop the texans offense right now! This can either be the low point of the year and the texans can turn it around, or we might be saying "hey theres always next year" for like the 4th year in a row, they need to do something, they need a better offensive line and they need to get a number 2 wr....... one word to describe the texans right now and it's "u g l y" grrrrrrrrrrrrr so frustrating................

i finally know what it's like to be a cleveland browns fan, thank you texans, thank you....
texan0305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read