Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-11-2005   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Freeny doing his magic again Ravens & Ogden

ESPN carrying Colts & Ravens this evening and Freeny is going nuts again.
The guy is like 5'11" & 270 lbs and is giving LT Ogden, 6' 6" & 340 lbs fits again like he last year when they met. I don't think any single blockeer can handle him.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #2
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

He goes into free agency next year?

We should bring him to Htown. With him, TJ, and Smith our line certainly improves. We could cut Payne or Walker to free up room for him.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to know what his shuttle times where when he did his combines, maybe some comparison could be drawn on another similar player coming up in the draft, he just explodes out of his stance like a sprinter. also I would love to have a stop action camara on the line of scrimmage to see how exact his timing is to the snap of the ball. I'd swear he is in the neutral zone alot of the time but maybe its that white uniform its harder to pick up. anyway Ogdon is like the highest paid tackle in football (or Pace I'm not sure) and he needs help, and if you notice, Wright was able to throw as he stepped up into the pocket while Boller rolled away then got trapped from the backside.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #4
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

Ive never really paid attention 'til they brought it up and showed it but is Ogden really starting to struggle or is it really only against Freeney he has problems 'cos he was like an unleashed animal running around Ogden all night. I wondered at 1 stage if Ogden was even tryin' to get in his way...
Old 09-15-2005   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
ESPN carrying Colts & Ravens this evening and Freeny is going nuts again.
The guy is like 5'11" & 270 lbs and is giving LT Ogden, 6' 6" & 340 lbs fits again like he last year when they met. I don't think any single blockeer can handle him.
Did you watch the game? The Ravens didnt even block him half the time...Im not saying i wouldnt love him on the Texans, but the Ravens O is that pathetic.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #6
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Storm
Ive never really paid attention 'til they brought it up and showed it but is Ogden really starting to struggle or is it really only against Freeney he has problems 'cos he was like an unleashed animal running around Ogden all night. I wondered at 1 stage if Ogden was even tryin' to get in his way...
Undoubtably, he's on the downside of his career, but he still warrents the pro bowls he goes to. I can't remember seeing him struggle like he does against Freeney against anyone else though.

He's lost that half a step that he needs in order to keep up with Freeney, but in both of their primes, it would probably still be a great matchup.
Old 09-16-2005   #7
coltsrock
Rookie

By the way, Freeney is under contract through the 2006 season, I believe. My guess is something will get done to keep him long before the contract runs out.

He really is something special. Everyone laughed at Polian when he took him at 10th overall in the draft, talked about what a reach it was. I don't think they're laughing now!

Just thought you'd like to know!
coltsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2005   #8
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Freeney is proof that you don't have to have cookie-cutter players to fit every system. Playmakers are more valuable than a specific size/speed player to fit in a "system" in most cases.
Old 09-16-2005   #9
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsrock
By the way, Freeney is under contract through the 2006 season, I believe. My guess is something will get done to keep him long before the contract runs out.

He really is something special. Everyone laughed at Polian when he took him at 10th overall in the draft, talked about what a reach it was. I don't think they're laughing now!

Just thought you'd like to know!
With Indy's cap issues there is no way they can afford to lock him up for the long term, unless he took a contract smaller than he can get anywhere eles.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #10
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17
With Indy's cap issues there is no way they can afford to lock him up for the long term, unless he took a contract smaller than he can get anywhere eles.
Yeah, actually there will be plenty of room. Edge won't be staying, and the salary cap is set to grow in the next year or two.

That would be like the Eagles letting Reggie White walk, and the colts FO isn't that foolish.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read