Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2005   #1
cptnbreakdance
Veteran

Default Get Palmer out, West Coast sounds good.

We have all of the needed materials for the west coast offence, Smart Mobile QB, a good RB that can catch out of the backfield, monster #1 receiver, good route running #2 receiver, burner at the #3.

Next year we fire Palmer, Draft the best OLT we can get, sign the best free agent OL out there, hire a OC that runs the West Coast. We have the tallent at the skill possisions to run the west cast we just.... HAVE TO HAVE A BETTER OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2005   #2
Panther5407
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptnbreakdance
We have all of the needed materials for the west coast offence, Smart Mobile QB, a good RB that can catch out of the backfield, monster #1 receiver, good route running #2 receiver, burner at the #3.

Next year we fire Palmer, Draft the best OLT we can get, sign the best free agent OL out there, hire a OC that runs the West Coast. We have the tallent at the skill possisions to run the west cast we just.... HAVE TO HAVE A BETTER OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!!!!
I have to say I like it. Now the we just have to convince everyone else.
Old 09-11-2005   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think when you were talking about the quarterback you misspelled "Gun shy QB who's taken the beating of a lifetime and now makes poor decisions based on nothing more than surviving the series"

Easy mistake to make because we once had a QB who might have been described as smart and mobile. That was three years and what? 140+ sacks ago?
Old 09-11-2005   #4
cptnbreakdance
Veteran

Hey, put a oline with a whole lot of passion and a whole lot more skill in front of David and i can promise you he will make better choices, You look at him under center, and the look I see is "how in the world am I ganna get out of here alive" so he starts running. Who remembers erilier today when he had to run out of bounds on 3 consecutive plays because our line play is so shoddy? One half of football with a good oline will make all the difference in Carrs Decitions making
Old 09-11-2005   #5
TigerBait
Veteran

Quote:
Smart....QB
o boy
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not agree with you at all cptnbreakdance. I think you're going to need a whole lot more than a half of football without being sacked to get David Carrs head back where it needs to be. You don't overcome the kind of sack numbers and constant pressure he's been subjected to in one game or even I think one season.

I've seen Carr go unmolested for the better part of a half but all it takes to turn on those bad decisions is one good blown up pocket and one sack. It's in his head now and you can't fix that quickly.
Old 09-11-2005   #7
Elite
Veteran

well it dont matter hopefully i pray to the man upstairs that this is david last year with the texans. i wish him the best whre ever he goes hell defenetly be a great back up somewere. we get a new qb next year. and a new system
Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2005   #8
cptnbreakdance
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I do not agree with you at all cptnbreakdance. I think you're going to need a whole lot more than a half of football without being sacked to get David Carrs head back where it needs to be. You don't overcome the kind of sack numbers and constant pressure he's been subjected to in one game or even I think one season.

I've seen Carr go unmolested for the better part of a half but all it takes to turn on those bad decisions is one good blown up pocket and one sack. It's in his head now and you can't fix that quickly.
Maybe I was a little too forward with my thinking but I'm sure you got my point.
training camp and preseason how about that.
Old 09-11-2005   #9
searoach

They screwed up whe they released Reggie Swinton. If the offence has a better starting field position, they would do better or give Kris a shot at a field goal. I do agree, we need a new offencive coordinator. Why would you run through the middle when you know the line can't open any holes. They can barely protect the QB.
Old 09-11-2005   #10
Kinggator
waterboy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther5407
I have to say I like it. Now the we just have to convince everyone else.

This is what needs to happen.
Kinggator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #11
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

yah i like the west coast, i like the idea,
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #12
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

West-Coast-Sounds-Good
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #13
RocKetHtown
Rookie

Quote:

run and shoot sounds better to me we have the team 4 that
RocKetHtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #14
ojthecat
Veteran

Heck the Wishbone sounds better to me at this point.
Old 09-11-2005   #15
RocKetHtown
Rookie

lmao
Old 09-11-2005   #16
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocKetHtown
run and shoot sounds better to me we have the team 4 that
I agree :brickwall :brickwall
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

its much easier to dismiss the offensive coordinator than a franchise QB. this is an experiment that has gone woefully out of control its as Hervoyel contends ruined David Carr's confidence & I'm not sure if he'll ever get it back. very sad for all of us Texans fans, the players, organization and owner Bob McNair.

this is a tough decision to make so early in the season but something has to give in order to save the franchise
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #18
RocKetHtown
Rookie

bring in Jack Pardee thats the ticket and his old OC at U of H ...that would work hey maybe even Jim eddy as DC...this defence we got is a joke
Old 09-11-2005   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone have any sugguestions as for a new OC ? .... Im sure my pop warner coach from 1979 would be more creative than Palmer...

Where's Buddy Ryan when you need a new DC ..... Unlike the current coaching staff he didnt just TALK about blitzing .... he sent the house
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #20
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:

Sounds good I'll talk to Charlie Casserly tonight.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read