Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2005   #1
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default Texan Quotes

From audio section in Houston Chronicle Sports--

Capers-- "...out of rhythm..."
Carr-- "Bills were on everything..."
Davis--"not embarrased, just got to get better.."

Still, I've never heard Capers blame himself for a loss/team play. If he
thinks he is not=at least=part of the problem, then changes are going
to be slow at coming, if at all. Usually, he finds no fault with his game
plan, just the players execution of that game plan. One poster compares
Capers to Belechik--please, go read the Pats site where there are always
tons of interviews with their head coach--and he actually accepts blame.
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Just say you have one more year with this guy. 15 more weeks.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #3
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Just say you have one more year with this guy. 15 more weeks.
Simply put that is 15 weeks too long.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #4
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

You mean 16 weeks.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly I like what Capers WANTS to do .... Run the ball and control the clock / dictate the game based on the teams ability to run the ball ....The problem is two fold ....

A) he doesnt really have the personel to do this ... a Big Bruiser type back (Stephen Davis) and an O-line that is DOMINANT .... Taking Nothing away from DD , I think he's a great back but not for Capers offense .... send him to St. Louis or , Philly or even New England and I think he's an instant All Pro as those teams run offenses more suited to his skills..... just my opinion.

B) Everyone on the planet knows what Capers wants to do and they gear their gameplan twards stopping the run on first and second down which usually leaves David Carr in 3rd and 6 or more in which case the defense knows they have to pass ...

Add those things to the fact that Capers WILL NOT make adjustments as the game progresses you have a defense that knows what to expect on just about every play of the game .

I think Capers would make a much better Defensive Coordinator than he does Head Coach ...
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #6
HoustonHarley
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Honestly I like what Capers WANTS to do .... Run the ball and control the clock / dictate the game based on the teams ability to run the ball ....The problem is two fold ....

Add those things to the fact that Capers WILL NOT make adjustments as the game progresses you have a defense that knows what to expect on just about every play of the game .

And you like what he wants to do? I don't like it one bit. That conservative style of football is not entertaining in my eyes.

I think Capers would make a much better Defensive Coordinator than he does Head Coach ...
I know that Carolina and every other organization since them would agree with ya.
HoustonHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #7
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
One poster compares
Capers to Belechik--please, go read the Pats site where there are always
tons of interviews with their head coach--and he actually accepts blame.
The difference here is that the Pats have player who execute what the coach call so therefore if there is a screw up, it is the coaches fault. The Texans don't have players who execute!
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2005   #8
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:

A) he doesnt really have the personel to do this ... a Big Bruiser type back (Stephen Davis) and an O-line that is DOMINANT .... Taking Nothing away from DD , I think he's a great back but not for Capers offense .... send him to St. Louis or , Philly or even New England and I think he's an instant All Pro as those teams run offenses more suited to his skills..... just my opinion.

B) Everyone on the planet knows what Capers wants to do and they gear their gameplan twards stopping the run on first and second down which usually leaves David Carr in 3rd and 6 or more in which case the defense knows they have to pass ...

You've figured it out, lets just hope McNair does.
Old 09-11-2005   #9
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
...Add those things to the fact that Capers WILL NOT make adjustments as the game progresses you have a defense that knows what to expect on just about every play of the game...
that's simply not true, I've seen him standing with his hands on his hips, mouth open, staring blankly across the field, dumbfounded, and the next thing ya know he'll switch his weight from one leg to the other. That's an adjustment isn't it?
Old 09-11-2005   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 212887 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank_It_Up
that's simply not true, I've seen him standing with his hands on his hips, mouth open, staring blankly across the field, dumbfounded, and the next thing ya know he'll switch his weight from one leg to the other. That's an adjustment isn't it?

I SAW THAT TOO!

I thought it was just me and maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me but if you saw it then that means it really happened! Did you see the time today when he waved at the players coming off the field with his notepad in his left hand and then later changed that to his right hand? Could that have been another adjustment?
Old 09-11-2005   #11
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank_It_Up

Thank you for the laugh.

It's about the only one I've had all day!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #12
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Capers: On the offense - I was really encouraged by our field position on a few series. We just tried to take what they were giving us and keep it close. We'll make a few adjustments this week and come in ready to play the Steelers on Sunday.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #13
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Capers: On the offense - I was really encouraged by our field position on a few series. We just tried to take what they were giving us and keep it close. We'll make a few adjustments this week and come in ready to play the Steelers on Sunday.
Glad he saw something that encouraged him!

A few adjustments? If we even want to have a chance at beating the Steerlers, then we'd better make more than a few!

Why do our games have to be close...I want the mentality of let's go in there and kick the crud out of the other team.

Don't worry guys, it's only week one. Next week is when it really counts....They will be ready by then lol.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #14
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
Glad he saw something that encouraged him!

A few adjustments? If we even want to have a chance at beating the Steerlers, then we'd better make more than a few!

Why do our games have to be close...I want the mentality of let's go in there and kick the crud out of the other team.

Don't worry guys, it's only week one. Next week is when it really counts....They will be ready by then lol.
This wasn't a direct quote from Capers, just a sarcastic guess on what he is going to say.
Old 09-11-2005   #15
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
This wasn't a direct quote from Capers, just a sarcastic guess on what he is going to say.

probally pretty close but am still waiting for his favorite word--'execute'
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #16
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

nah, we really only need a few adjustments. really!

-carr gets his ____ together
-oline gets their ____ together
-defense gets their ____ together

its really only 3 adjustments....but that doesnt mean they are easy
Old 09-11-2005   #17
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Best quote of the day from Capers...

"I don't think our offensive performance was really what we were looking for out of our total offensive team. David was under pressure alot and I think that probably led to some of the turnovers."

Spoken like a true coaching genius.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read