Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2005   #81
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
About the Gaffney drop:

Is it just me, or was he not looking because he knew it was too early in his particular route to get the ball thrown to him?
I think what you saw was Gaffney not knowing what was going on since he was out of camp... Almost as if he thought the route was another 5-10 yards. That was the one time Carr had no pressure, and I remember thinking that as soon as I saw him throw it with confidence. If you see the replay, you will see Carr's reaction which is like, what is he doing?

Overall it is an OL problem, I think Capers is gone after week 5. The personnal on teh team is all messed up and I don't see great changes being made until at least 2 years from now.

DOES ANYONE THINK THE TEAM IS A PLAYOFF TEAM IN THE NEXT TWO YEARS?

Then again, maybe we are entering the Matt Leinart lottery early?
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #82
aphia1996
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to aphia1996
Default we had to many t o say...

The most embarassing play to me was when Jabar didn't even look back and the ball hit his arm...all he had to do is look in for one second!!!

Most embarasing coaching move was the punt with around 5 min. left and they punt....what kind of message are you sending to the players? WE SUCK and WE DON'T HAVE ANY HEART SO LETS JUST THROW IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW!!!

making a list of bad plays:

....5 false starts by the Defense???? I don't get that one! That is just poor coaching, PERIOD!!!
....Running on first down every single ..........YOU ADD THE WORDS HERE!.....time we had a first down.
----Corey, you only get about 5 chances a game please make them count the ball hit you in the hands and numbers..CATCH IT!!!

.....NO HEART!!! The Texans had no heart and it waw painfully clear watching them today!

Those are just my views on it!

Geaux Texans,

James H.
Houston, Texas
aphia1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #83
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREAZE
Under 6 min down by 2 TDs. Going for it on 4th down and not converting is the same as punting. The offense was struggling to make things happen and with time running out you toss conservitism out the window and take a shot. There comes a point when there is nothing to lose and they were at that point. Nobody is saying they would of threatened had they got a 1st down. The fact is winning programs understand risks and take shots when deemed necessary.

Punting was the same as throwing in the towl...

Totally agree, we had nothing to lose at that point... Sometimes the coaches need to be a little more confident and aggressive to fire the team up, which showed no emotion today (Cowher, for example).

Since running wasn't all that effective, a play action boot leg with AJ coming across the middle on top of a rolled out TE might have been good. Worse case, Carr should throw it up for an interception a few yards down the field, close to a bad punt.
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #84
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

I've just got one word to say.

PATHETIC!!!

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #85
BREAZE
Veteran

DOES ANYONE THINK THE TEAM IS A PLAYOFF TEAM IN THE NEXT TWO YEARS?

Yes, but only if McNair brings in leadership that are proven winners...(ie, ice on the fingers)
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #86
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Then again, maybe we are entering the Matt Leinart lottery early?
I don't see how ruining a second QB would solve anything
eriadoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #87
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

In No Particular Order:

1.Phillip Buchanon burned countless times.
2.Gaffney non look pass off his shoulder.
3.Gary Walker looking the wrong way on a Mcgahee run, if you saw it, you know what i'm talking about.
4. Oline
5. Capers punting on 4th down, throwing in the towel
6. 5 Turnovers
7. Deep Pass to Bradford dropped.
8. Non existent pass rush-Losman had all day, what's new?
9. Predictable play calling
10. Stupid penalties
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2005   #88
geofb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
how often has anyone ever seen a football team go for it on 4th and 3 (inside the opponents field goal range) down only two scores with 6 mins left in a game? Rarely....I have probably never seen it happen. If I have (and don't recall) its been once or twice in 3 decades. Go down 3 scores right there the games over.
You are just wrong. They were down 15 points. That is probably 3 scores already (not just 2) unless they make a 2 point conversion. "I've watched football for 4 decades." Good grief, give us all a break.
geofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #89
Rightnow
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL V
Does this mean that David Carr's Rookie Card is worthless??? Prediction:
Pittsburgh 38 Texans 10 That's if they spot us 7 points What is Capers always writing on the sidelines??? Grocery List??? This weeks excuse??? ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW
He is writing:

Note to self:

Close your mouth, you look like an mouth breathing fool.
Rightnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #90
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
You don't build confidence by taking risks that totally guarantee you losing the game in one play if it doesn't work out. If that play fails the game is over with 6 mins left. Punting keeps the game alive for the team.
Vinny, don't you call it "taking risks" when you repeatedly run it on first down? The announcers on CBS were even commenting on how predictable it was. They were constantly taking a risk of getting tackled for a loss or sacked the whole game. I for one, would just like to see some fire from these guys and some execution. The constant excuse of "we just didn't go out there and execute today" is getting really old. Why didn't you execute? Isn't that what you get payed millions a year for? I wish they would look at the game like a chess match and try to out think the oppossing team coaches.
Old 09-12-2005   #91
BlueHair
Rookie

The whole game was an embarassment. Run defence looked good at first but after being out there longer in the first quarter than most the pre season they were done. But at least we have next week :brickwall
Old 09-12-2005   #92
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

has anyone heard or read Gaffney's reason (excuse) for not looking back at that point in his route?
chuckm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read