Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-28-2004   #1
texanfan1
Rookie

Default your favorite player in the nfl

mine is ray lewis,because he is the best player ever in the nfl
texanfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004   #2
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

David Carr
Old 06-28-2004   #3
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

I have no favorite as of now but I'm hoping that it becomes D.C. or A.J.
Old 06-28-2004   #4
texanfan1
Rookie

Default domanick davis

my favorite texans player is domanick davis who is going to be the best running back in nfl one day
texanfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004   #5
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan1
my favorite texans player is domanick davis who is going to be the best running back in nfl one day
sorry, but as long as L.T. and Portis are playing, DD is going to have to break some records before he is considered the best.

Here is an article on LT I just read: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...son/index.html

This stat says is all
Quote:
Indeed, Tomlinson is the league's best all-around running back. And if stats make the back, here is something to think about: Tomlinson has rushed for 4,564 yards -- 351 more than all-time leading rusher Emmitt Smith had in his first three seasons. Tomlinson is 491 yards off Jim Brown's pace through 48 games, and 17 behind Walter Payton's.
If LT had a good line, he could average around 2,000 yards a season (exagerration)

My favorite player in the NFL is Andre Johnson

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004   #6
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

At this time to be honest, Ray Lewis on defense, and Marvin Harrison on offense.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like AJ for the Texans.

But I like Preist more. He is a "show you" kinda guy. Just like AJ. When AJ starts lighting up the scoreboard, then he will assume the role of NFL favorite for me.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-28-2004   #8
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoever he is, he plays for the Texans.
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004   #9
Panther5407
All Pro

Thats a hard one but I have to say Kearse or Lynch. I'm a big time Defense person.
Old 06-28-2004   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If you mean FAVORITE in a sense that you just LIKE that player for whatever reason, I will have to stick with my favorite Billy Miller!

If ya mean FAVORITE on playing ability, dedication, years of service, etc. I would definitely have to say Brett Farve! A LEADER and a great role model!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea I'd go with Favre too. You can tell he loves what he's doing and his spirit is infectious.

I'd fudge a bit on the role model though; he had the drug problem but hey he came out of that and you have to admire that.

I also like the fact that he's just a good ole boy. No pretense, nothing fancy about him.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004   #12
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

gotta be Ray Lewis!
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004   #13
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

mine is ray lewis...and here's why...saw an interview with him on espn a couple years ago...and they asked him about the way he tackles...this is what he said...when i hit someone i don't want to look them in the eye and see fear nah..it's not like that...i want to him them look them in the eye and see that i own their soul...because as long as their running the ball my job is to stop them"...now that's a football player...he's a little more hyped up during the games then any other player out there...he infects his teamates with his attitude...it's great...next best player out there is brian dawkins

p.s. and here's a scary thought...ever wonder how great the defense would be if ray lewis and the original L.T. were on the same team at the same time...who would you rather go up against ray or taylor?
Old 06-28-2004   #14
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Ray Lewis hands down, but I dont think hes the best ever, my fav all-time is Barry Sanders, man I wish he hadnt retired.
Old 06-28-2004   #15
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

ray lewis isnt the best ever yet, but when its all said and done he just might hold that title.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004   #16
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
ray lewis isnt the best ever yet, but when its all said and done he just might hold that title.

point taken
Old 06-28-2004   #17
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Until this season gets rolling along and I completely change my mind again, my favorite at the moment is Tom Brady....the overachieving underdog of QBs.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004   #18
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Favorite player ever, Barry Sanders. It would've been Bo if he'd lasted longer.

Favorite current player: Gotta go with Ray Lewis. He's incredibly disruptive; he always seems to know where the ball's going and he's the best tackler in the game.
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004   #19
J-Man
Veteran

I would have to say Brett Favre...I don't know that he is the best ever, but he is definetly the toughest competitor to take an NFL snap as QB. His Ironman streak of game starts is absolutely incredible.

The bottom line is the no matter what else is going on in the game if Brett is still breathing you know your time has a shot.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004   #20
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Barry Sanders is my favorite NFL player of all-time. He did things that I have seen no other RB ever do. The player that moves similarly to Sanders is Dante Hall. Both can stop on a dime and avoid the big hit.

I really don't have one favorite right now. I am a big fan of the UT RB's (Ricky and Priest). I like Donovan McNabb, Shaun Alexander and Todd Heap too. As far as non-skill position players I like:
OT Jonathan Ogden
DT Kris Jenkins
CB Charles Woodson
ILB/MLB Ray Lewis
ILB/MLB Jamie Sharper
SS Ed Reed
Heck there are a ton of guys fun to watch.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read