Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2005   #1
wyobilzfan
Rookie

Default Good luck the rest of the way; you just ran up against a fired up BILLS team

Texan fans,

Again, many thanks to one of the classiest group of fans in the NFL.

You're team is obviously much more talented than they looked today. JP Losman is looking like the real deal, and that was the difference maker. He looked like a vet out there. The BILLS D is scary... seriously, they are picking up just where they left off last season with dominant play AND takeaways.

I'll be pulling for you guys the rest of the way this year. Sometimes a big stinker of a game can bring the best out. A few years ago, the BILLS came out and beat the Patriots 31-0. They only went on a tear and won two Super Bowls since then. Sometimes a drubbing actually does something MORE to inspire a team than a close loss.

Best wishes the rest of the way... put this one behind you and look for your team to bounce back big next week.

Take care,

wyobilzfan
wyobilzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #2
wyobilzfan
Rookie

Bump for the some of the classiest fans in the NFL!

Hang in there!
wyobilzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

thanks for visiting our board and thanks for the positive post

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #4
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, thanks for the bit of optimism. Good luck to you guys... although you wont need much with that D.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

JP Lossman played against an offense that didn't force him to make any better plays. If we would've had a better offensive game we could've won and Lossman would've been forced to make better plays. I give it up to your d though.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #6
txhoosier
Veteran

Losman looks like the real deal. I was thoroughly impressed with what I saw from him today. Moulds is one of the most underrated receivers to ever play this game.
Old 09-11-2005   #7
Buffalokizzle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhoosier
Losman looks like the real deal. I was thoroughly impressed with what I saw from him today. Moulds is one of the most underrated receivers to ever play this game.
BUMP BUMP
Buffalokizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2005   #8
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I disagree. What I agree with is that they fired their head coach and the new coach came in and said we have to fix the Left side of our O-line and went out and got players to do that. But again wasn't that what we said we had to do but there were not players available. Hmm, some kind of disconnect here. Can anyone tell me what it is?
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #9
Buffalokizzle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
I disagree. What I agree with is that they fired their head coach and the new coach came in and said we have to fix the Left side of our O-line and went out and got players to do that. But again wasn't that what we said we had to do but there were not players available. Hmm, some kind of disconnect here. Can anyone tell me what it is?
We didnt fire our headcoach last season. We fired him the season before that, Mularky in his debut season went 9-7 this season we are going 11-5
Buffalokizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #10
bills are number 1

Default Nice try form a bills fan (not being cocky)

Okay, I came on to this board to say, nice try.. and you guys indeed have somthing special. Facing the bills week one is not a very good idea, I know i'm being cocky, but we had the weapons that you guys needed to win. You guy shave somt hing special, and in 2 years, you guys will be celebrating at ur houses/bars, etc etc. David carr, had a horrible game, and he's better than that, davis, an outstanding running back that is proven imo and will be great the rest of the season. The bills deefense is why we won this game period, other than maybe jp losman doing pretyt well for a qb. Nice try texans, you guys will have somt ihng special you have a good team, just need to work on ur deefense. /turnovers.
Old 09-11-2005   #11
Buffalo_Bills
Rookie

Default Good Game

Good game guys, i cant say i am dissapointed with the result liek im shure you guys are.Here are some of my notess of both teams, ill try and keep it short.

Bills:

Offense:
looked better than last year without bledose, much quicker and made many great descicions. O-line was some of the best blocking the bills have ever seen. Jp looks as if his learning curve will be small, he only had one real msitake. (you guys should be pissed at whover that was for dropping the interception) I think we can be a lethal team if we can just get our red zone offense better, which roscoe parrish's return should help with.

Defense: Not much to say other than just like last year.

Special Teams: Return game was not as up to speed as it was last year, the coverage game was pretty good, and our kicker looks to have had much improvement.

Texans:

Offense: looked like you guys have a pretty good O, but were jsut struggling against our great D. Main problem was that you only have 1 reciver, if you can get the others to participate and contribute a little bit then you should be a threat to any d. Carr also needs to be a bit more aware on the blitzez.

Defense: i cant really say much cause i was payign to close attention to our O, but i can say you guys have a pretty damn good red zone defense.

Special teams: Again i cant say much, looked like a kinda mediocre to good st's performance to me.

I think you guys can make the playoffs, but with your sched. you will need to make all improvements quickly.
Old 09-11-2005   #12
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

Losman looked good against us. I am interested to see what he looks like against a real defense.
Your defense looks very good- definitely a top five unit.

Our offense is absolutely pathetic in all facets. Much of it had to do with your D, but quite a bit was simply incompetance.
Defense was subpar and yet still the highlight of the day.

Good luck the rest of the season.
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #13
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you for the responses. I only wished we would have given you guys a better game. We are just a tad bit better than that.

Good luck this season. You have a well coached team.
Old 09-11-2005   #14
Buffalo_Bills
Rookie

thanks for the gl comments, i am dreading going on the miami board after that game and having them all hating on us, but i have to.

good luck to you guys to.
Old 09-11-2005   #15
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

The nice comments are appreciated. I think the OL is still not there yet. You could have Jerry Rice in his prime on this team. It really wouldn't matter with this OL. What is amazing is that they just spent a bundle on Pitts. Here is my geuss. He will be the future right tackle and they will draft a LT.

Carr, AJ and DD can't do it all. Bufalo was putting 8 men in the box on most first downs, because of the constant pattern of running on 1st downs. As for a WR that the opposition has to respect opposite of AJ, that player will be Mathis. This is just his first year. BY next year he should be ready for that role. In the meantime, AJ is getting doubled all day long and the opposing defenses will continue to get pressure up the middle on us so get used to him getting few catches unless we are playing a horrible defense.

I think the Texans Defense was fine. The problem was that the offense kept turing it over in Houston territory and the defense was on the field for a while. Not to mention Willis did not get a TD as well as all those WR. When the only TD comes from a OL player on a busted play, I would the defense will be fine.

ST will improve with Mathis as the kick returner.

Last note. I wish we could get our 2nd and 3rd round picks back for P Buc and kept Glenn, because honestly I saw no difference in the way P Buc played and Aaron Glenn. The biggest difference is losing those picks. IMHO
Old 09-11-2005   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome and thanks.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #17
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Buffalo Bills,
You can only pray that every team the Bills face has such a horrid OL. Our defense gave up FGS for two reasons. Turnovers that put you at the doorstep and a tired defense. When the Bills face a team with an OL I am sure you will see the difference.
Old 09-11-2005   #18
RocKetHtown
Rookie

not really the bills r way better then we r all the way aruond..sorry but its true very true
RocKetHtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #19
bigfootrulz
Rookie

cowboys r ready for defecters :brickwall
bigfootrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #20
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
JP Lossman played against an offense that didn't force him to make any better plays. If we would've had a better offensive game we could've won and Lossman would've been forced to make better plays. I give it up to your d though.
Thats like saying if we would have scored more points we could have won.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read