Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2005   #41
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Joey Harrington - 11/20, 116 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT

Apparently they drafted the wrong QB as well.
Four words for you
ROY WILLIAMS MIKE WILLIAMS CHARLES ROGERS POLLARE
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #42
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
Four words for you
ROY WILLIAMS MIKE WILLIAMS CHARLES ROGERS DALLAS CLARK
That's actually 8 words.

And I don't get it.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #43
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
That's actually 8 words.

And I don't get it.
WOW
If you dont get it you a...
Old 09-11-2005   #44
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

I was listing all there WR and TE
I accidently put Clark instead of pollard
Old 09-11-2005   #45
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default please post

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda
so if we complain enough theres still a chance we'll be 1-0?
sorry, but I think you are way in the minority right now with your thoughts, but--please,please--post this thought as a new topic!!
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #46
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

so you think its productive to complain? we're going to accomplish anything?

and when did you get the authority to dictate minority and majority?
Old 09-11-2005   #47
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was listing all there WR and TE
I accidently put Clark instead of pollard
Oh, okay. For a minute there I thought that Harrington was traded to the Colts.
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2005   #48
RocKetHtown
Rookie

Boy the texans looked great today....there lb's r great
RocKetHtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #49
mes311
Rookie

I think DJ is a heck of a player and loved watching him at UT, but who would he have replaced in the starting lineup here for sure? By the draft, the Texans already had a $20 something Mill FA linebacker and there was no way they would put him on the bench and moving Wong to the inside has been coming for 2 years.

On another note, I thought TJ had a pretty good game. At least he didn't get any penalties called against him that I can recall.
Old 09-11-2005   #50
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Oh, okay. For a minute there I thought that Harrington was traded to the Colts.
sorry I was in a hurry
Old 09-11-2005   #51
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Just an idea. Im not a huge fan of the 3-4 at least not ours. So next years draft we trade up if we need to and pick a LT. Hopfully Dbrickshaw Ferguson or Eric Winston. Next we trade back into the first round and pick AJ Hawk. I dont know if Peek or Babin can play DE but its worth a try.
Our dline would be somthing like - Peek - Walker - TJ - Babin
Linbackers - AJ Hawk - Wong - Greenwood
Secondary would be the same
Old 09-11-2005   #52
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
Williams. Williams. Rogers. Jones. Pollard. Johnson.

Don't EVEN go there.
Quote:
Four words for you
ROY WILLIAMS MIKE WILLIAMS CHARLES ROGERS POLLARE
So you're saying they should've drafted a WR instead of either Derrick or Travis Johnson?

Man, some people can't ever be pleased.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #53
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
So you're saying they should've drafted a WR instead of either Derrick or Travis Johnson?

Man, some people can't ever be pleased.
Im not saying that at all i like TJ alot and always did. Im just saying that he has a better oline and more weapons
Old 09-11-2005   #54
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I think the bigger problem is that you're judging a couple of draft picks off the first games of their careers. If guys like Peek and Babin turn into playmakers because guys like Johnson are clogging the middle, then he was worth the pick.

But of course everybody loves to post off emotion (or they just don't know any better) and come across looking pretty dumb in doing so.

And don't get me started on how Derrick Johnson doesn't fit in the 3-4 alignment. If he did, Dallas would've taken him long before Houston had a shot.
Old 09-11-2005   #55
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think the bigger problem is that you're judging a couple of draft picks off the first games of their careers. If guys like Peek and Babin turn into playmakers because guys like Johnson are clogging the middle, then he was worth the pick.

But of course everybody loves to post off emotion (or they just don't know any better) and come across looking pretty dumb in doing so.

And don't get me started on how Derrick Johnson doesn't fit in the 3-4 alignment. If he did, Dallas would've taken him long before Houston had a shot.
If Peek and Babin end up being half the player Johnson is it will be a surprise.

It's only one game, but it's obvious the guy was born a play maker. Isn't that one of the keys to having a successful 3-4?
Old 09-11-2005   #56
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 214832 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And what if guys like Peek and Babin never go anywhere? Jeff Posey led this team in sacks our first season and he bailed after that season. You might have noticed him seperating Carr's shoulder in 2003 when we played in Buffalo or chasing Carr out of bounds today. Since he left nobody's even come close to matching his sack number in that first season. Steve Foley also bolted out of here in the blink of an eye and had himself quite a year in San Diego last season. Why do these guys, who can clearly play in our system and play well take off at the first opportunity? What do they know that you and I don't?

Personally I am beginning to question everything that I've been told about how this team is put together. I find it somewhat shocking that for a guy who's made his name on the 3-4 and rushing the quarterback, Dom Capers doesn't even seem to recognize the kind of LB he needs when one stands right in front of his face.
Old 09-11-2005   #57
Huge
Hall of Fame

I think the 3-4 makes the players instead of the other way around. There are a ton of LBs that excel in the 3-4 around the league that weren't drafted anywhere close to the 1st round.

There's a really big difference between a 3-4 and 4-3 LBer. If the Texans had drafted Derrick Johnson, where would you have lined him up?

He's not big enough to play on the outside and he doesn't have the game to play inside.

So what would you have done with him?
Old 09-11-2005   #58
Huge
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
And what if guys like Peek and Babin never go anywhere? Jeff Posey led this team in sacks our first season and he bailed after that season. You might have noticed him seperating Carr's shoulder in 2003 when we played in Buffalo or chasing Carr out of bounds today. Since he left nobody's even come close to matching his sack number in that first season. Steve Foley also bolted out of here in the blink of an eye and had himself quite a year in San Diego last season. Why do these guys, who can clearly play in our system and play well take off at the first opportunity? What do they know that you and I don't?

Personally I am beginning to question everything that I've been told about how this team is put together. I find it somewhat shocking that for a guy who's made his name on the 3-4 and rushing the quarterback, Dom Capers doesn't even seem to recognize the kind of LB he needs when one stands right in front of his face.
If they never go anywhere then they were bad selections. Every team has those. One game doesn't make a career. Derrick Johnson could go on to be a bust despite his performance today. Unlikely but certainly a possibility.

But I agree with you. I am not sold on your organization and never was. Casserly has been known to look like a complete ***** during the draft but you couldn't tell that to anybody here 4 years ago because all they saw were the 3 Super Bowl rings he was wearing.

Capers is no different. The guy had 1 winning season in four while coaching Carolina before he was fired.

But to say passing on Derrick Johnson was a mistake based off the first game of his career is being a tad bit shortsighted (understatement).
Old 09-11-2005   #59
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think the 3-4 makes the players instead of the other way around. There are a ton of LBs that excel in the 3-4 around the league that weren't drafted anywhere close to the 1st round.

There's a really big difference between a 3-4 and 4-3 LBer. If the Texans had drafted Derrick Johnson, where would you have lined him up?

He's not big enough to play on the outside and he doesn't have the game to play inside.

Not big enough to play on the outside??? He's just as big (6'4 - 250) as Peek and Babin.

Doesn't have the game to play inside??? He's got to be better than Greenwood. That guy has been a ghost since he got here.
Old 09-11-2005   #60
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 214832 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So is it his 6'4" height that's a problem? Babin's 6'3" and Peek is 6'2". Is it the 242 lbs that he's listed at? The NFL lists Babin at 259 and Peek at 238. Now I understand Peek has put on some weight and the Texans have him at 250 even.

So for 8 pounds he's not big enough to play outside in the 3-4? Not even worth trying at the position. You don't think he might be able to hold another 8 pounds on that frame maybe?

I don't buy any of this. Obscure and arcane football knowledge is one thing and often Cass & Co. can just tell me to accept something at face value and I'm left with no alternative but to do so. Telling me 8 pounds makes a difference between being able to start for you and not being worth drafting is utter bull, and not the "Go Toro!" kind.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read