Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2005   #21
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I find it interesting how no one is laying the blame for any of this on AJ, yet everyone wants to point to one pass play, late in the game, where Gaffney didn't turn around. What about the slant (one of three called all game, evidently) EARLY in the game that AJ just dropped? That could have built some confidence and gotten things rolling. What about the passes that AJ dropped in the preseason? I'm not sure I've seen AJ drop so many passes in a 3-week period.

I'm not really cracking on AJ, and I agree with anyone who says he's our best player, but there's plenty of blame to go around. Stop trying to make Gaffney the scapegoat.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #22
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

we need mathis. a guy who can draw a safty from johnson.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #23
Doug
All Pro

What's funny to me is that the ball was perfectly placed in Bradford's hands yet forget about the one of two db's covering him that pulled his other arm away from the ball. It's not like he caught it and just dropped it.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #24
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

they didnt pull his arm away.. but they did get a hand between his.. and thats why the ball bounced out.

That play wasnt anyones fault... it was just good coverage.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #25
Tayton
Veteran

It was good coverage but alot of guys in the NFL make that catch. I would love to see more Armstrong. This team needs playmakers.
Tayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #26
capitolneal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre_Johnson88
I'll tell yall something else.....where were all the receivers at today?!I mean everyone on the buffalo defense was on AJ!I don't think Jabar got any catches today and I he missed one that hit him without turning around!And where in the hell was Corey Bradford at?!Seems like none of our receivers can get open!We once again need to draft a complement to Johnson it seems!
I believe they got great coverage from Nate Clements
capitolneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #27
touttail
All Pro

How can you check up on your 2nd and 3rd receivers when you are running for your life?

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2005   #28
texans coach
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre_Johnson88
I'll tell yall something else.....where were all the receivers at today?!I mean everyone on the buffalo defense was on AJ!I don't think Jabar got any catches today and I he missed one that hit him without turning around!And where in the hell was Corey Bradford at?!Seems like none of our receivers can get open!We once again need to draft a complement to Johnson it seems!
Bradford was open backside, the whole game. But if the QBs eyes are glued on 80 all game, it will look like the other receivers are covered. Go back and watch the game again, and then reply to this board. Thanks.....
texans coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #29
texans coach
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
To answer your question, they were all cut from the 53 man rooster. Remember, Kasper who was making great catches in pratice. Turns out he had a problem, he could catch the ball so they cut him. Yea, and Starling had that problem too. You got to be careful about keeping receivers who can catch the ball. Remeber, they might make the other team think they have to worry about your offense. That's very bad if you are defensive minded, because only the defense is suppose to win games. Remember, you can't have your defense out shinned by the offense. THIS COACHING STAFF IS THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF BSers to walk down the lane in a long time and you guys buy it hook line and sinker.
Kasper and Starling caught passes during preseason, cause the qb that was in wasnt glued on one receiver. and they were playing against 3rd and 4th stringers. And Kasper fans, great catches in practice doesnt count. Lets see him do it against starting secondaries in the NFL. And if their so good, how come there still looking for a team to play with
Old 09-13-2005   #30
texans coach
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
If you have 2 or 3 men covering AJ somebody has to be open why are the Texans not throwing to the other receivers?
This is the best quote ive heard or seen all year!!!!!
Old 09-13-2005   #31
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbusta
Is it to late to pickup that "Burger King" dude?
He's a Playmaker!
Yeah!!! We need the Burger King dude and the Pepsi machine.

The Pepsi machine could run over the whole DL and then be our #2 receiver!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #32
texans coach
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
Oh and dont forget about Sloan Thomas. You never want a receiver that makes highlight real catches on 3rd down, cause then the QB might actually have another option, I like it better when we know who hes going to throw it too.
Guys, stop jumping on WRs that were catching passes during the preseason against the 3rd and 4th string. That doesnt count. And if those receivers that were cut were so much better than the ones we have now, why are those cut guys still not on a team. :brickwall
Old 09-13-2005   #33
texans coach
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
i think it can be summed up by this...going into the off season we had two pressing needs...a #2 reciever and to fix the damn o-line...what we did was worry about the pass rush again and go and try and fix the running game...not sure who to blame...capers for cutting guys who could have fixed one problem just so he could keep 3 TE's or casserly for not being more pro-active
You could have gotten T.O. and R. Moss in the offseason. If the QB is stuck on 80 all the time, it would be the same problem Its not the WRs, lets put the ball in their hands first, before we start judging!!!!
Old 09-13-2005   #34
texans coach
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheroqui
Exaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly, exaaaaaaaactly!!! That's what I said a little while back. I thought that Kendrick Starling shouldn't have been cut. Imagine Andre Johnson, Jerome Mathis, Kendrick Starling and Sloan Thomas in 4WR sets, especially with Carr giving us that Jeff Hostetler look right now... yeah, you already know... That would be so nasty. Speed and hands? Works for me.
Honestly though... Like I said in another posts I would like them to start Mathis over Bradford and let Bradford and Gaffney fight for slot #3 & #4.
I can tell u are a practice squad player. Because u can run fast, doesnt make u a WR. Mathis and starling receiver skills are of no comparison to Bradford and Gaffney. You must have forgotten what Bradford did the first year with no help, and no line! And what Gaffney did his second year. That goes to show you, no balls no yards!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2005   #35
texans coach
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayton
It was good coverage but alot of guys in the NFL make that catch. I would love to see more Armstrong. This team needs playmakers.
I would love someone to make a catch like that when a Free safety is running thru his chest and the ball. He(the safety) beat the ball to the spot.
Old 09-13-2005   #36
texans coach
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitolneal
I believe they got great coverage from Nate Clements
NC couldnt stop Dre 1on1. He had safety help every play.
Old 09-13-2005   #37
Cheroqui
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans coach
I can tell u are a practice squad player. Because u can run fast, doesnt make u a WR. Mathis and starling receiver skills are of no comparison to Bradford and Gaffney. You must have forgotten what Bradford did the first year with no help, and no line! And what Gaffney did his second year. That goes to show you, no balls no yards!!!!!!
Well you can't catch everything, and you won't necessarily drop everything. You missed what I was trying to illustrate. Just like people think Dave Ragone may see something that David apparently doesn't and want to see if he learned anything over there in Europe. Also feeling like it's worth a try... I feel like just having Mathis on the opposite side may cause a slight change. Teams may not completely focus on Andre and leave something open like just one of our TE's. I mean look at the Falcons the other day with Vick only having Crumpler to go to. Unless we're going to get 4WR on the field more often?

Thoughts and opinions, that's all...
Old 09-13-2005   #38
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

And people thought they upgraded over me!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!

Signed,

Billy Miller
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read