Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2005   #21
Honch Delgado
Veteran

Yup. Today was just a sad sad sack of sad. Carr was horrible. Losman wasn't pressured as heavily as Carr but he made plays when we came at him or he threw the ball away. Carr looked like Alex Smith. Confused, lost, and longing for those Fresno days.
Honch Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #22
buddyroe
Rookie

This was the most pathetic display of football i have ever seen.
We didn't tackle, we didn't run, and we didn't catch.
This team played with no heart and no courage.
The question is who is to blame? This is arrguablly one of the most talented
teams in the NFL. Some would blame David Carr but he can't tackle and he
can't block. While he didn't look good today, he is still a good NFL QB.
So then who is to blame? I say Dom Capers, while he is a good judge of talent
he is not a very good coach.
Given less talent other coaches have won superbowls.
Capers has had one winning season.
Is it time to consider a new coach? Jimmy Johnson is still out there.
And given the chance to coach a team with this talent, I believe he would jump
at it. If for no other reason than to spite Jerry Jones. And I believe with a
real coach this team can win the superbowl.
It's time to stand up and say we won't take it anymore. we have real football
players now we want a real coach.
This team is built to win now. We don't need a coach who will punt on forth down
with time running out. This shows me a lack of courage and conviction
and this is not what we need at this time.
Let's get a real coach in here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
buddyroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #23
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyroe
This was the most pathetic display of football i have ever seen.
This reminds me exactly of the 02' season.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #24
HoustonHarley
Rookie

I was at every game in '02 and frankly we looked better than we did today. I saw lack of confidence and desire to win on the entire team's face, from the coaches to the players. The only player that even bothered to show up today was Gary Walker. That stupid look on Capers face said it all. Whether you won't to believe it or not, the poor descions from the coaching staff have not put us in position to succeed. Every magazine artcle, every sports show and everyone but the "true fans" of this board (whatever that means) said exactly what would happen if our problems were not addressed. Well, what happened........we came out and fell flat on our face. Accountablity, along with focus means everything when trying to suceed. At this point in time, we have neither.
HoustonHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #25
wrestler4life
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
This reminds me exactly of the 02' season.
Me too, but that was expected, or at least excusable. It was their 2nd year. There are no more excuses allowed now, and it is time to search for some sort of change.
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #26
HoustonHarley
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler4life
Me too, but that was expected, or at least excusable. It was their 2nd year. There are no more excuses allowed now, and it is time to search for some sort of change.

I seem to remember '02 being their first year.
HoustonHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #27
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHarley
I seem to remember '02 being their first year.
it was and this didn't remind me of 2002.

2002 was better than this.
Old 09-11-2005   #28
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHarley
I was at every game in '02 and frankly we looked better than we did today. I saw lack of confidence and desire to win on the entire team's face, from the coaches to the players. The only player that even bothered to show up today was Gary Walker. That stupid look on Capers face said it all. Whether you won't to believe it or not, the poor descions from the coaching staff have not put us in position to succeed. Every magazine artcle, every sports show and everyone but the "true fans" of this board (whatever that means) said exactly what would happen if our problems were not addressed. Well, what happened........we came out and fell flat on our face. Accountablity, along with focus means everything when trying to suceed. At this point in time, we have neither.

Careful Harley, you'll be riding the pine with comments like this....Trust me, I'm right there with you buddy

Last edited by Texans Pride; 09-11-2005 at 08:23 PM.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #29
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
Carefull Harley, you'll be riding the pine with comments like this....Trust me, I'm right there with you buddy

What is that supposed to mean? Tell me now or face a temporary ban!

(I am seriously just kidding with that)
Old 09-11-2005   #30
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

It's carrs fault he cant read the blitz. It's the O-lines fault they make every play look like the D had blitzed, its the defenses fault they cant hold a run and its the coaches fault they made some of the worst calls ive ever seen. To Sum it up its a team mistake, not any single person.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #31
bigfootrulz
Rookie

Default dom and domer

sounds like bad coaching scheme
bigfootrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #32
RocKetHtown
Rookie

The GM is the biger dummy really
RocKetHtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #33
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 39800 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocKetHtown
The GM is the biger dummy really
I always proofread my post twice if I'm going to call somebody a dummy.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #34
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
I always proofread my post twice if I'm going to call somebody a dummy.
LMAO
Old 09-11-2005   #35
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

How about we only let CC choose who we pick in the first round
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #36
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
How about we only let CC choose who we pick in the first round

CC Brown? Does he do drafts too?

That guy was a steal in the 6th!
Old 09-11-2005   #37
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

Who I blame for the loss.
Palmer.

Sure the D let them get some yards with no turnovers and yeah the OL didn't hold and when it did WRs couldn't catch. DD never got into a groove, but this game was winnable and should've of been won. But when the people in all the way in Guatemala know that "Hey the Texans are about to run because its 1st down" Theres your problem. Palmer choose to run and run and THEN pass. Pass when its 3rd and 17 or more! For this you have to have an OLine that will give you time so yeah we can do thi... o wait no! Thats right our Oline sucks! Too late now we already ran the ball! Palmer needs to leave.

But you know what if we just focus on the negatives then so will our next opponent. Lets focus on what we did good.

Our D is obviously a great red zone D. That was awesome that they only got one TD. Yeah they got 5 Kicks or something but thats cause most their drives started in the red zone.

David Carr tried his hardest rushing, throwing and doing anything to get our team ahead.

Andre can catch/rush very well.

and last but not least. They were scared of throwing at DRob!
Old 09-11-2005   #38
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default Back to Square One

I'm just glad we went to all the trouble to revamp the Defense just so that we could find ourselves back at Square One on the first game. Still, no O-Line. The left side looked really bad. What happened? And as in every year, the D looks really great through the first half, but anyone gets tired after sucking wind for two quarters without a break. How about something besides 3-and-out, Texans?
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #39
dwillis

At least get rid of Palmer. Not quite convinced on Capers, but definately Palmer. No imagination. Yeah, the line stinks, but good coaches make adjustments. Look at Notre Dame (I know, college...) but even though Ty was an OK coach, clearly they now have someone who can outsmart other teams...with the same tools....
Old 09-11-2005   #40
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

Heres who I'd cut:
Palmer
Payne
Bradford
Gaffney once Mathis emerges

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read