Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-11-2005   #1
bigcarlos
Veteran

Default With the 1st pick in the 2006 draft

The Teaxsn select ?????????
I think its not too early to start thinking about who can help us
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #2
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Maybe we can get a high enough pick to get D'Brickshaw Ferguson. :brickwall
Old 09-11-2005   #3
Elite
Veteran

Or a solid leader like Matt LionHeart with the number one overall pick.
Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

if high enough i like ferguson.. but if the Texans are later i like A.J Hawk or Bobby Carpenter.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #5
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's never too early to look at your team and find out it's weekness and than discuss who to draft to possibly fix it.

I think that with the first pick they will go either receiver or tightend. The texans need someone else to take the pressure off andre and to get open for carr.
Rd.2 The draft is so deep that a good left tackle will fall to the second round and fix our problem their.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123
It's never too early to look at your team and find out it's weekness and than discuss who to draft to possibly fix it.

I think that with the first pick they will go either receiver or tightend. The texans need someone else to take the pressure off andre and to get open for carr.
Rd.2 The draft is so deep that a good left tackle will fall to the second round and fix our problem their.
after a loss like this I have to disagree :brickwall & I'm a draft junkie. the Texans need to make organizational changes first. this needs to be a Texans team led by Texans. afterall the rest of the country sucks off Texas for the bulk of their collegiate rosters, surely there is some coaching talent in state, maybe the OC from Texas Tech is he available point is I would like to have some better structure in place before mocking anymore drafts
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #7
COOL V
Rookie

Yep, That's what Johnson will do SIT. Capers won't play anyone. Imagine if Domanick Davis didn't get a chance. Sorry to say it, but thanks to an injury, he got his chance.
COOL V is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2005   #8
COOL V
Rookie

You got it. Bring in some Real Texans!!! Hello Kubiak in Denver might be just the guy.
COOL V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #9
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123

I think we take a LT with our first pick, hopefully one of the big 4 (Ferguson, Winston, McNeill, Scott), because this is also a deep TE draft and we will be able to get Tim Day or Dominique Byrd in the second, both can block and catch.
Old 09-11-2005   #10
Elite
Veteran

We draft matt LionHeart the fisrt round and then draft nothing O-line soince its a deep draft o-line anyways but we will have a real qb for once.
Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #11
theyhm
Rookie

Default Look on the bright side.

The count down to Matt Leinhart / Vince Young starts now.
theyhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #12
COLOBUFF
waterboy

Default #1 Pick Of Nfl Draft 2006

OK we all know we have a very good chance of drafting the first player in 2006 so who are we taking?
COLOBUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #13
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

LT. No doubt. They are giving Bennie another shot. Dont know why, but they are. We need a better o-line. Right?

And there is no need to use a first rounder on a guard or center.

LT first round.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #14
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Look at the avatar. (That's if he comes out)

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Look at the avatar. (That's if he comes out)

Why draft another QB just to watch him get beat down behind this horrible excuse for an o-line .....They couldnt block a pop warner team
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #16
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Why draft another QB just to watch him get beat down behind this horrible excuse for an o-line .....They couldnt block a pop warner team
Cause this QB puts touch on his passes. This QB doesnt lock onto WRs. This QB doesnt lock onto RBs coming out of the backfield. And most importantly, this QB knows how to win.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 09-12-2005   #17
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Cause this QB puts touch on his passes. This QB doesnt lock onto WRs. This QB doesnt lock onto RBs coming out of the backfield. And most importantly, this QB knows how to win.
You just described a lot of college QBs, I'm afraid you'll have to be specific. I'll take a couple guesses however because a few players fit that mold.Is this QB Jason White? Or is it Josh Heupel? Danny Wuerffel?
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #18
GetItHowULive
Rookie

if v young opts to enter the draft in '06, i def. want the native Houstonian to lead our squad, let's keep it texan!

Last edited by GetItHowULive; 09-12-2005 at 02:22 PM.
GetItHowULive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #19
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
You just described a lot of college QBs, I'm afraid you'll have to be specific. I'll take a couple guesses however because a few players fit that mold.Is this QB Jason White? Or is it Josh Heupel? Danny Wuerffel?
Excuse me. Let me elaborate. This QB uses his legs. Has the highest completion percentage in school history. Has no great WR to go to in tight games and still makes thing happen.

Old 09-12-2005   #20
Algebrat
Rookie

First Round LT + 2nd Round Center = David Carr Improvements
Algebrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read