Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2005   #1
SPRBWL
Rookie
 
SPRBWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0 SPRBWL is ridin' the pine
Angry Stand Up!!!

It's time for these these coaches to GO and bring in some REAL coaches to provide the LEADERSHIP this team needs!!!! :brickwall A team should reflect their coaches attitude and character. The way this game is being played and called so far should speak VOLUMES!!!!!. To those of you out there who support the idea of getting rid of these goofballs....ITS TIME TO STAND UP AND SAY NO MORE CAPERS, NO MORE PALMER!!!!! . To those of you out there still in denial and defending the current coaching staff...all I can say is...if you continue to accept this joke of a coaching staff...we will never get to the next level.

Last edited by SPRBWL; 09-11-2005 at 02:02 PM.
SPRBWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #2
sandt38
Bills Fan
 
sandt38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Down in a hole
Posts: 97
Rep Power: 21 sandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famer
Default

I find it amazing how many "fans" with under 10 posts to their name are standing up and whining. Here's an idea... give the team a bit of time to gel, and give yourself some time to grow up for cryin' out loud... People like you are worse than opposing teams' trolls.
__________________
BILLS FAN...but not a troll
Talkin Proud... Buffalo
**** Im a BILLiever****
sandt38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #3
WildBlackBear32
All Pro
 
WildBlackBear32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maine
Age: 27
Posts: 967
Rep Power: 10 WildBlackBear32 is a team player
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandt38
I find it amazing how many "fans" with under 10 posts to their name are standing up and whining. Here's an idea... give the team a bit of time to gel, and give yourself some time to grow up for cryin' out loud... People like you are worse than opposing teams' trolls.

Oh trust me, look around, you'll find a ton of people with over 100+ posts or have been here a while who will saying the coaching staff sucks.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #4
sandt38
Bills Fan
 
sandt38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Down in a hole
Posts: 97
Rep Power: 21 sandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
Oh trust me, look around, you'll find a ton of people with over 100+ posts or have been here a while who will saying the coaching staff sucks.
I don't doubt it, but there have been like 20 people on here today alone with 1 or 2 posts who are whining like this. Seriously, it is annoying. At least offer some sort of real insight on the forum before you point fingers.
__________________
BILLS FAN...but not a troll
Talkin Proud... Buffalo
**** Im a BILLiever****
sandt38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #5
SPRBWL
Rookie
 
SPRBWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0 SPRBWL is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandt38
I find it amazing how many "fans" with under 10 posts to their name are standing up and whining. Here's an idea... give the team a bit of time to gel, and give yourself some time to grow up for cryin' out loud... People like you are worse than opposing teams' trolls.
With the coaching jokes we have we will never " Gel " . As for trolling...I'm not on the opposing teams board giving advice as you are. And there are plaenty of people here that would agree with me on this coaching staffs performance for the past four years.
SPRBWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #6
SPRBWL
Rookie
 
SPRBWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0 SPRBWL is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandt38
I don't doubt it, but there have been like 20 people on here today alone with 1 or 2 posts who are whining like this. Seriously, it is annoying. At least offer some sort of real insight on the forum before you point fingers.
By the way your 54 total posts really qualify you as a longtime poster. Why don't you just go back to your own teams board and quit trolling ours!
SPRBWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #7
BEERnBBQ
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 52
Posts: 178
Rep Power: 11 BEERnBBQ is ridin' the pine
Default

while frustrating to watch i dont think all of the problems are with the coaching. yea they have made many questionable decisions, but the team didn't appear to come out ready to play especially offensively. buffalo has a great defense but carr and co. are helping them out with the bad start. defensively to many stupid penalties keep drives alive. while a change of coaching would probably help, production by the stars would also help getting us to the next level
BEERnBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2005   #8
sandt38
Bills Fan
 
sandt38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Down in a hole
Posts: 97
Rep Power: 21 sandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRBWL
By the way your 54 total posts really qualify you as a longtime poster. Why don't you just go back to your own teams board and quit trolling ours!
sandt38--------------Join Date: Dec 2004

What you are doing is trolling by definition...

Quote:
Trolling aims to elicit an
emotional reaction from those
with a hair-trigger on the reply
key.
www.Dictionary.com

So who is really trolling?

Quality leaves a better opinion than quantity.
__________________
BILLS FAN...but not a troll
Talkin Proud... Buffalo
**** Im a BILLiever****
sandt38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #9
SPRBWL
Rookie
 
SPRBWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0 SPRBWL is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEERnBBQ
while frustrating to watch i dont think all of the problems are with the coaching. yea they have made many questionable decisions, but the team didn't appear to come out ready to play especially offensively. buffalo has a great defense but carr and co. are helping them out with the bad start. defensively to many stupid penalties keep drives alive. while a change of coaching would probably help, production by the stars would also help getting us to the next level
And I agree with you to a certain extent. However; as you have already stated THE TEAM, was not ready to play, and continues to make stupid mistakes which in my opinion reflects how the coaching staff has in turn prepared them to play. Like they are accepting mediocricy instead of excelling.
SPRBWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #10
SPRBWL
Rookie
 
SPRBWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0 SPRBWL is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandt38
sandt38--------------Join Date: Dec 2004

What you are doing is trolling by definition...



www.Dictionary.com

So who is really trolling?

Quality leaves a better opinion than quantity.

So let me ask you this...when is enough ..well enough? When do you start expecting your team to quit moving backward?
SPRBWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #11
BEERnBBQ
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 52
Posts: 178
Rep Power: 11 BEERnBBQ is ridin' the pine
Default

i expect my team to quit moving backward after the first practice of the year.
BEERnBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #12
SPRBWL
Rookie
 
SPRBWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0 SPRBWL is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEERnBBQ
i expect my team to quit moving backward after the first practice of the year.
My point exactley...We need to quit settling for less and expect the txans as an organization to show some fire in the belly that craving to win and not be denied...the talent is ther but not being utilized.
SPRBWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #13
SPRBWL
Rookie
 
SPRBWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0 SPRBWL is ridin' the pine
Default

Case in point 4th and inches to go...your team is down...and you don't go for it? Time is running out...when do you make your move and give your team a chance to show some grit and toughness?
SPRBWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #14
sandt38
Bills Fan
 
sandt38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Down in a hole
Posts: 97
Rep Power: 21 sandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRBWL
So let me ask you this...when is enough ..well enough? When do you start expecting your team to quit moving backward?
As a Bills fan, I have lived through it for YEARS. However, as a lifelong fan, I always stick by my team. I know where I feel that things need to be changed, and make my statements concerning such, but calling for heads without being able to spend time seeing how everyone deals with adversity is a bit pre-mature. Another thing to consider is those guys make a hell of alot more money running a team than you do, so chances are they are better at it than you. There is more to running a team than dreams and wishes, and these guys are the best of the best... they are among the Elite... and the elite do it at the NFL level. Look at it this way, at least you aren't the Cradinals .

Another thing, sometimes it simply does take some time to gel... look at us last year, 1-5 to start then 8-2 to close.
__________________
BILLS FAN...but not a troll
Talkin Proud... Buffalo
**** Im a BILLiever****
sandt38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #15
tomslick
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 60
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0 tomslick is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRBWL
It's time for these these coaches to GO and bring in some REAL coaches to provide the LEADERSHIP this team needs!!!! :brickwall A team should reflect their coaches attitude and character. The way this game is being played and called so far should speak VOLUMES!!!!!. To those of you out there who support the idea of getting rid of these goofballs....ITS TIME TO STAND UP AND SAY NO MORE CAPERS, NO MORE PALMER!!!!! . To those of you out there still in denial and defending the current coaching staff...all I can say is...if you continue to accept this joke of a coaching staff...we will never get to the next level.

It does speak volumes to me and the kind of leadership the texans have is sadly enough being reflected again this year.
tomslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #16
sandt38
Bills Fan
 
sandt38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Down in a hole
Posts: 97
Rep Power: 21 sandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRBWL
Case in point 4th and inches to go...your team is down...and you don't go for it? Time is running out...when do you make your move and give your team a chance to show some grit and toughness?

And leave the opponents in FG range if you don't make it? How pissed would you be if that had happened?
__________________
BILLS FAN...but not a troll
Talkin Proud... Buffalo
**** Im a BILLiever****
sandt38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #17
False Start
On # 69
 
False Start's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Waiting For the Turning Point!
Section: 420
Posts: 13,091
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandt38
I find it amazing how many "fans" with under 10 posts to their name are standing up and whining. Here's an idea... give the team a bit of time to gel, and give yourself some time to grow up for cryin' out loud... People like you are worse than opposing teams' trolls.

Yeah because we all know , the more post you have the more your opinion counts and shows how much you know about football .
__________________

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #18
WildBlackBear32
All Pro
 
WildBlackBear32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maine
Age: 27
Posts: 967
Rep Power: 10 WildBlackBear32 is a team player
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandt38
And leave the opponents in FG range if you don't make it? How pissed would you be if that had happened?
Jets were down by 20, had the ball on the Cheifs 45 and went for it on 4th and TEN. I personally wouldnt have been pissed if the Texans had gotten stuffed while being down LARGE in the 4th quarter.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #19
SPRBWL
Rookie
 
SPRBWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0 SPRBWL is ridin' the pine
Default

is 107 yards of total offense acceptable? How about stupid penalties? Or what about players looking like they have just given up?
SPRBWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #20
SPRBWL
Rookie
 
SPRBWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0 SPRBWL is ridin' the pine
Default

Oh I forgot ...5 turnovers? :brickwall
SPRBWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger