Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2005   #21
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_Texans_Fan
For the past few seasons I have been waiting for the coaches to fix the problems, BUT IT'S THE SAME F'ING PROBLEMS EVERY YEAR!!!!!!
Seems like coaches cant fix the problem because they are the problem. No way the players are this bad.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #22
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRBWL
Just stop it man...it's because of this same attitude that these inept coaches are still leading this team nowhere but down!!!!
Dom Capers had that deer in the headlight look again the whole game. He didn't seem to have a clue!

bobby 119c
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #23
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
Dom Capers had that deer in the headlight look again the whole game. He didn't seem to have a clue!

bobby 119c

LOL, he did

Mouth hanging open and the "duh" word came into my head everytime they showed him.

All in all, they did try TOny Boselli, and they DID TRY to get Orlando Pace.

Just...........just........well just....
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #24
jimmy
Rookie

It's time for a coaching change!
jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #25
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
The thing to keep in mind is that we typically play our best on opening day. Isn't that comforting?
Dang EDO, you failed to see the bright side of the situation - I think we're gonna get one of those stud LTs in next years college Draft. Actually, we might get the pick of the litter.
But this isn't on DC. He made plenty of mistakes, but made some plays to.
This is on the OL, no doubt about. Its really surprising how poorly they played, after all we've been thru and after all the promises that there was
going to be some improvement with the OL this year !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #26
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
I guess this game makes the Tampa Bay pre season game look good lol!

That (whatever it was) didn't make anything look good.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #27
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Carr is scared. Period. But tell the truth, what human wouldnt be. If I got sacked more in three years then some QBs get sacked in 7 or 8 Id run too. And if i threw strikes to WRs and they let it hit their elbow, or played soft and dropped a pass after being hit, Id lock on to the pro-bowler too, but hey thats why we suck.
Old 09-11-2005   #28
Fldvldog
Veteran

So will you guys be looking for Vince Young or Omar Jacobs in the draft?
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #29
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog
So will you guys be looking for Vince Young or Omar Jacobs in the draft?
VY is the future of this team.

But knowing this organization they'll trade down for a long snapper because Carr's feelings would be hurt if they drafted a QB.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #30
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Dang EDO, you failed to see the bright side of the situation - I think we're gonna get one of those stud LTs in next years college Draft. Actually, we might get the pick of the litter.
This is on the OL, no doubt about. Its really surprising how poorly they played, after all we've been thru and after all the promises that there was
And stud left tackle fixes our offense?
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #31
NederlandTexan
Veteran

The excuses that we are sure to hear from Capers are; turnovers, and lack of execution.
The turnovers yielded field goals, and the lack of execution includes the play calling. You can blame the O-line, Carr, or Palmers play calling all you want, but when we are constantly in 2nd or 3rd and long, we are a very predicable offense. On our scoring drive, we ran on first down ZERO times. Of the rest of the drives we ran on first down more than 75% of the time.
Our first down play calling is way too predictable, on second and long we don't have time to throw the ball. Our talent on this team is not as bad as was shown today. We are not in position to succeed due to our conservative, unimaginative play calling.
NederlandTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #32
Texan Ned
Rookie

:brickwall

That was as "offensive" of a performance as I have seen...and not in a good way. If they go less that 9-7, it has to be time for a coaching change, and that change MUST be someone who doesn't get OT and DT mixed up on his draft scouting report, and select a 2nd string DT.

BTW, the Tackle (Jammal Brown) that the Saints got with their pick that they got from Houston is their starter at RT, and Alex Barron is second team LT behind Orlando Pace. I am of the opinion that either one of these would have won the starting LT spot.

Last Line of the Texans Game Plan: "If we find something that works, let's be sure we don't use it more than once."

Last edited by Texan Ned; 09-11-2005 at 04:42 PM.
Texan Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #33
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforcelover
...If it aint broke, don't fix it. The defense was fine last year and the offense has never worked.
actually the defense ranked lower than the offense last year... so I can understand why they're trying to fix it.
Old 09-11-2005   #34
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
VY is the future of this team.
As a 2nd WR to compliment AJ
Old 09-11-2005   #35
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
agreed.

What will be fun for me tonight is listeining to CC & DC put lipstick on this pig. I haven't seen a Houston pro football team play like that in about twenty three years. I'm still waiting for Kevin Green from Babins. Too may bad personel decisions. The players are stealing money from Mr. McNair. Somebody has to be held accountable. What was the name of that LT again ?
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #36
LoneStarState
Veteran

Casserly, Capers, Palmer, Pendry, and Carr on the hot seat - or should be...
Old 09-11-2005   #37
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Weeeeeel, the display of professional football was laughingly embarassing on our end at best today. To say we sucked is an understatement. I think someone forgot to tell our team we are not in pre season anymore. Very sophomoric attempt at pro level football. C'mon boys, you are much better than this! I still have faith, but something needs to change or it will be a LONG season. My laundry list has been posted by my fellow fans many times over, so there is no need for me to .

Now for some positive feedback. The wings were darn tasty at Wings 'n More. Beer was ice cold Shiner and sure hit the spot. Met new fans. Great time spent with Texans fans, wish I could say the same about watching our team play.

FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #38
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail

bobby 119c
Indeed. He looks exactly like Jack Pardee walking around the sideline with a set of disconnected headphones on. In Doms case though he has his notepad to write down important things. As much as he's written on them you would think if it made any difference we'd see it by now.
Old 09-11-2005   #39
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone does realize that IF Capers gets canned tonight, chances slim to nil, that would leave Palmer or Vangio as the interm HC. Or lets say Palmer gets fired, Capers is calling the O. Don't expect anyone to get fired till after the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.

Last edited by PapaL; 09-11-2005 at 05:39 PM.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #40
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

We are and so is Carr ... Remember he asked that they address the O-line .... Casserly and Capers didnt and look at the huge mess they have on their hands now ..... D'Brickashaw Ferguson anyone ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_Texans_Fan
For the past few seasons I have been waiting for the coaches to fix the problems, BUT IT'S THE SAME F'ING PROBLEMS EVERY YEAR!!!!!!

What, the o-line looked like **** today? Well no s**t, it's the same POS line and system we had last year!!!

You don't make ANY changes to fix the line and expect different results!?!?!

Something has to change, fire someone, cut someone, I don't care but just do something.

That sums it up :brickwall
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read