Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2005   #21
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy
Historically, Carr has missed few plays and management seems happy with the solid play of Banks who has a reasonable salary. As the season progresses and QBs start dropping, do we dangle Ragone for a second or high 3rd round in 2006? We have had some good selections with those rounds. I think i'm correct when I say, Banks is signed thru '06 and BJ Symmons remains intriguing for the future back up role. Any thoughts?
Ragone isn't going anywhere because he doesn't have the value. Dave Ragone will be a career Texan because he is a project. He was never expected to be more than second string at an exceptional price. So far, he has met those expectations in the years he has been here. I like him, but that is what he is and all he'll ever be.

See Dallas and Jason Garrett. BUT, if my opinion is ever proven wrong, that will be fine with me.
rafterticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #22
CyberTexan
Veteran

Quote:
I wouldnt want him, hell I woudlnt trade Carr for Losman.
Im glad we both agree on that one Gr8Slayer we wouldnt trade Carr for Loman either
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #23
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

CyberTexan, I love your avatar. LOL!
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #24
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

at this point in Ragone's career I think we could get a pack of smokes and a stick of bubble gum. Perhaps with a sucker like the Cowboys, and the Henson deal, maybe the whole pack of Juicy Fruit spearment flavored bubble gum. But that would be stretching his trade value a bit, IMHO.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #25
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
at this point in Ragone's career I think we could get a pack of smokes and a stick of bubble gum. Perhaps with a sucker like the Cowboys, and the Henson deal, maybe the whole pack of Juicy Fruit spearment flavored bubble gum. But that would be stretching his trade value a bit, IMHO.
Ragone's trade value right now is non-existant. Personally, I think Ragone should be our #2 QB, but I think Banks is still the #2 because he is the veteran and he is under contract.
Think about it, if you were with another team, would you really want to trade for a guy that can't beat out Tony Banks to be the #2 QB for the Texans? If nobody wanted Banks as a free agent, why would they want someone that can't beat him?
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #26
gr8slayer

You all were right, Carr is so much better than Losman.
Old 09-17-2005   #27
crweller2

Default Banks, Ragone, or Symons

I agree that Ragone shouldn't go anywhere but for different reasons. I like Ragone as our #2 quarterback and would like to have BJ Symons as our #3 quarterback. Having watched Symons throughout his college career there is no doubt that he has the arm to play the NFL game and is used to big game pressure. Ragone seems to always play well when i've seen him play and i like his mental game much better than Banks. Banks is the ball and chain of our quarterbacks, he has legs but doesn't know when to use them and his decision making ability is sorely lacking even when he's not under pressure. God forbid that Banks sees pressure, at that point he is a major liability. Trade Banks, get what you can for him and give Ragone the backup chance. I firmly beleive that he will surprise all of us.
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read