Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2005   #141
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 Bills Fan
As a Bills fan I fear AJ more than any other Texan player. He is a freak. I expect we'll keep Nate on him all day long and rotate a safety over to help out. That leaves McGee 1-on-1 with Bradford. McGee is a very good corner but he will give up some plays. Our front four better have a good day pressuring Carr to help McGee out a bit.

But I also have to say that my biggest concern is not any individual, not even AJ, so much as the Texans' secondary as a unit taking advantage of an inexperienced JP Losman. He's never seen speed like Robinson and Buchanan at Tulane. Hopefully he'll make some smart decisions and play as close to mistake-free football as possible, helping us get just enough points to win.
Good luck Bills Fan #1 your objectivity is nice. If I were in your shoes it would be how Losman performs that would have me worried as well. Both of our teams have questions marks, we have a few more than you. But I think Losman is the key as well.
Old 09-10-2005   #142
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philisophical Troll
Do you want your best player to get injured by Clements? Because that is exactly what will happen if he challenges a top 5 cornerback and one of the nastyest hitters in the league.
Wow now you must really be dumb. AJ hasnt been injured roughly yet. That includes getting hit by the best. I seriously doubt clement will hurt him. Maybe hold him not hurt him
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #143
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

This has been a pretty good thread overall and I've enjoyed reading it. I've got one more thing to say and then I'm done.

I just can't work up a lot of animosity towards the Bills or their fans. I like this team (Buffalo) and want all you Bills fans to know that when I say the Texans are going win it's because I love my team and I think they're going places, not because I have anything against your team and think they stink. On the contrary I'm looking forward to the thread later this year when we meet in the first or second round of the playoffs. Hope to see you all then and there.
Old 09-10-2005   #144
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalokizzle
Hello Texans Fans I agree AJ is one of the best in The Nfl. I have watched for the past few seasons and seem him make some spectacular plays and solidify himself as a stud of the nfl but Nate Clements is a stud as well. Look what happened to Cincinniti's passing attack when they faced off against Buffalo last season. Chad Johnson was matched up against Nate Clements...

Week 1 @NYJ L 31-24 5 99 19.8 53 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Week 2 MIA W 16-13 3 45 15.0 20 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Week 3 BAL L 23-9 8 99 12.4 23 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Week 4 @PIT L 28-17 4 54 13.5 24 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Week 5 Bye
Week 6 @CLE L 34-17 3 37 12.3 18 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Week 7 DEN W 23-10 7 149 21.3 50 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Week 8 @TEN L 27-20 6 67 11.2 18 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Week 9 DAL W 26-3 8 74 9.3 23 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Week 10 @WAS W 17-10 6 89 14.8 34 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Week 11 PIT L 19-14 5 80 16.0 36 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Week 12 CLE W 58-48 10 117 11.7 46 1 1 9 9.0 9 0 0 0
Week 13 @BAL W 27-26 10 161 16.1 51 2 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Week 14 @NE L 35-28 5 80 16.0 27 1 1 10 10.0 10 0 0 0
Week 15 BUF L 33-17 2 10 5.0 7 0 1 2 2.0 2 0 0 0
Week 16 NYG W 23-22 8 46 5.8 10 2 0 0 0.0 0 0 1 0
Week 17 @PHI W 38-10 5 67 13.4 27 0 1 18 18.0 18 0 0 0

Finals stats - REC 95 | YDS 1,274 | TD 9

He held one of the best AFC recievers to just 10 yards and two short receptions with no touchdowns.

Nate Clements deserves a little more
And got burned by the Ravens and the browns not that impressive.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #145
eMoulds
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
Nice try, but those are Chad Johnson's numbers. Clement's doesn't get burned.
eMoulds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #146
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry My bad i was confused
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #147
Ithaca Bills Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
However, if one looks at those stats correctly, you see Chad Johnson put up very impressive numbers going up against Chris McAllister and Champ Bailey, who are ALWAYS the top 2 names people mention when asked "Who is the best shut-down corner in the game today?"

And yet, NATE CLEMENTS is the one who shut him down completely. Can we all agree that he deserves much more respect than he is getting on this board?

At the very least, he deserves a hell of a lot of respect- and even more admiration- from the entire NFL for hitting Tom Brady so hard he knocked his helmet off.
Ithaca Bills Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2005   #148
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
This has been a pretty good thread overall and I've enjoyed reading it. I've got one more thing to say and then I'm done.

I just can't work up a lot of animosity towards the Bills or their fans. I like this team (Buffalo) and want all you Bills fans to know that when I say the Texans are going win it's because I love my team and I think they're going places, not because I have anything against your team and think they stink.
On the contrary I'm looking forward to the thread later this year when we meet in the first or second round of the playoffs. Hope to see you all then and there.
I could not agree more.

But tomorrow I will be get a six pack, fire up the grill and eat some Buffalo Burgers.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #149
eMoulds
Rookie

It's kind of weird how mutually cordial and mature both teams' fans have been. You don't see it very often during game week.

Good football fans are good football fans I guess.
Old 09-10-2005   #150
jpc1028
Rookie

lol..... andre johnson is a top-notch WR...

but look at last year... what did top notch WR do against Clements??

N-O-T-H-I-N-G! ask chad johnson

the only way the texans have a shot at scoring points is to INT losman and return it for a TD....

YOU GUYS WONT SCORE ON OUR D
jpc1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #151
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc1028
lol..... andre johnson is a top-notch WR...

but look at last year... what did top notch WR do against Clements??

N-O-T-H-I-N-G! ask chad johnson

the only way the texans have a shot at scoring points is to INT losman and return it for a TD....

Yes of course because as we all know once a defensive back shuts down Chad Johnson then he never has to "put up" again. From that day forward he's never going to have a bad day and no reciever is ever going to beat him even once. It's like a memo goes out to the entire league and all wideouts are informed that there's no point in even trying to catch a pass when you're up against "Nate Clements, Future Hall of Famer".

Jpc1028 I'd put you on ignore if I didn't need to see everyone to moderate. In a pack of Bills fans I could gladly spend the rest of the season talking football with, you stand out like a sore, poorly informed thumb.

Find a take that's even close to intelligent, please.
Old 09-10-2005   #152
Philisophical Troll
Rookie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Wow now you must really be dumb. AJ hasnt been injured roughly yet. That includes getting hit by the best. I seriously doubt clement will hurt him. Maybe hold him not hurt him
I'm not wishing anybody to get hurt, but I'm going to tell you that Buffalo's secondary is capable of sending many receivers and offensive players to the injured reserve list. Ask Jeff Garcia if he ever wants to come play in Buffalo again. Chad Pennington is another clown who had to learn the hard way last year too.

You homers have been talking about AJ taking on Clements head on, but be careful what you wish for....
Old 09-10-2005   #153
da.texans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8slayer
We were also the number three Defense the year before so we reserve the right to be more than confident that our Defense can get the job done.

I will be back here to either feed the crow or eat it.

And if we lose Ill wish you a great season and accept that you were the better team on that day. If we win Ill still come back and wish you a great season knowing that we were the better team that day.
Isn't that we beat you guy on that year when Beefalo was rank #3 on defend?????????????????Come back and talk **** when u actually beat us in our house........right now u don't have the right to talk ****............ go
da.texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #154
eMoulds
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by da.texans
Isn't that we beat you guy on that year when Beefalo was rank #3 on defend?????????????????Come back and talk **** when u actually beat us in our house........right now u don't have the right to talk ****............ go
Well Hervoyel, I guess every team's got them...
Old 09-10-2005   #155
da.texans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8slayer
Have you all seen a Defense like your about to see on Sunday? Im curious to know what was the last great D you all faced? Honest question.
Hmm lets me thinks hmmm how about the beefalo #3 defend on 2003???? go go go
da.texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #156
Ithaca Bills Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by da.texans
If you can throw 2 years ago in our face, we can throw 3 years ago when we DID come down there and beat you in your house right back. So I guess since that happened we've regained our right to talk asterik.
Old 09-10-2005   #157
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca Bills Fan
If you can throw 2 years ago in our face, we can throw 3 years ago when we DID come down there and beat you in your house right back. So I guess since that happened we've regained our right to talk asterik.

I think he was trying ( not very sucessfully) to answer the question that was asked before. The Texans played a number 2 or 3 rated defense (Buffalo)and beat them.

The question was asked and was answered. Nobody thought we had to go back another year to answer the question. Congrats, you beat the Texans in thier very first year by a whole 7 points when the Texans set a new universe record in sacks because they had no line at all.
Old 09-11-2005   #158
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca Bills Fan
Congratulations, you beat an exopansion team in thier first year...whoooottt ....whoooooootttt
run-david-run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #159
Ithaca Bills Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
Congratulations, you beat an exopansion team in thier first year...whoooottt ....whoooooootttt
congrats, you took a post which contained the phrase 'talk asterik' seriously.
Old 09-11-2005   #160
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc1028
Great example of off-season over confidence. Whoohoo you had the #2 defense last year. I guess that means this year your vaunted D won't give up the 17.8 points per game it did last year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read