Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2005   #81
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8slayer
I am one of those people who thinks EVERYONE has four years to prove themselves once they are drafted. Correct me if Im wrong but this is Carr's fourth year correct?
Six words: Worst Offensive line in NFL history!!!

But your right Carr better have a good year this year. No excuses.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #82
gr8slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
I know it won't be easy. I also know the Johnson/Nate match up is not really the key to the game. The key is how JP Losman plays.

This game could go either way. No honest Bills fan can tell me you aren't at least a little nervous about having a first time starter as your QB, (especially after his preseason).
To tell you the truth I dont feel that the way JP plays will determine which way this game goes. Mularkey's Offense is set up around the running game to take pressure off the QB. He would rather not have the QB win the game for us. I dont see JP throwing more than 24 times on Sunday. One thing we always bank on is our Defense and our ST's, thankfully for us we can count on them.

JP is in a situation very similar to Roethlisberger's situation last season. Great Defense, great running game, but JP has ST's to back him up. No I did not just say that JP would go 13-1 as a starter but that his situation is quite similar in many ways.
Old 09-10-2005   #83
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
I have seen the Texans play both live and on TV enough to know that Carr is a bad QB. Im not trying to be a dick Im just giving my honest opinion on the guy. If Losman sucks this season I will be saying the same damn thing about him.
Your from Dallas. If you watched the Cowboys vs Dallas, I wouldn't blame you for thinking Carr is bad. That was a bad game.
Old 09-10-2005   #84
gr8slayer

Quote:
Six words: Worst Offensive line in NFL history!!!

But your right Carr better have a good year this year. No excuses.
Hey man, we have/had just as bad of an OL as you all have had the past three years. So dont worry about convincing me how important the OL is, hell I am a college OL so Im bias as it is. But when you are a first over all pick and your getting paid what he gets paid you need to produce, you need to FIND a way. If Carr doesnt pan out this year Dom is gone and Jerry Gray is your new coach.
Old 09-10-2005   #85
gr8slayer

Quote:
Your from Dallas. If you watched the Cowboys vs Dallas, I wouldn't blame you for thinking Carr is bad. That was a bad game.
I actually just moved to Dallas about a month ago. Im originally from the Rio Grande Valley (pretty much Mexico)
Old 09-10-2005   #86
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
I know it won't be easy. I also know the Johnson/Nate match up is not really the key to the game. The key is how JP Losman plays.
The key is 3 new Texans starting LBs (Peek, Greenwood, Wong moving inside) vs. Willis McGahee (who i need to have a nice game for fantasy reasons... )

If McGahee dominates like he can, the game wont be in Losman's hands...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #87
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
To tell you the truth I dont feel that the way JP plays will determine which way this game goes. Mularkey's Offense is set up around the running game to take pressure off the QB. He would rather not have the QB win the game for us. I dont see JP throwing more than 24 times on Sunday. One thing we always bank on is our Defense and our ST's, thankfully for us we can count on them.

JP is in a situation very similar to Roethlisberger's situation last season. Great Defense, great running game, but JP has ST's to back him up. No I did not just say that JP would go 13-1 as a starter but that his situation is quite similar in many ways.
First off you can't even compare Pittsburgh and Bills.
Steelers had the #1 defense. And more importantly they had TWO good running backs and one of the best offensive line ever assembled.(Let that last comment sink in a little.) The fact that the Steelers could run the ball 618 times (most in NFL) and only need to pass 358 time (least in the NFL). The Bills are not even close to being in that type of situation with Losman.
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2005   #88
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
Hey man, we have/had just as bad of an OL as you all have had the past three years. So dont worry about convincing me how important the OL is, hell I am a college OL so Im bias as it is. But when you are a first over all pick and your getting paid what he gets paid you need to produce, you need to FIND a way. If Carr doesnt pan out this year Dom is gone and Jerry Gray is your new coach.
First the Bills OL has not been just as bad as ours. Maybe they have been bad but not even close to ours.

Carr and Dom have this season and next. Take that to the bank.
(Unless Carr has his worst season ever and the Texans go 3-13. Then who knows maybe heads will roll.)
Old 09-10-2005   #89
gr8slayer

Quote:
First off you can't even compare Pittsburgh and Bills.
Steelers had the #1 defense. And more importantly they had TWO good running backs and one of the best offensive line ever assembled.(Let that last comment sink in a little.) The fact that the Steelers could run the ball 618 times (most in NFL) and only need to pass 358 time (least in the NFL). The Bills are not even close to being in that type of situation with Losman.
So they were the number one D and we were number two. Shocking difference. I never said our OL was as good as theirs but our running game is. McGahee is twice the RB that the Bus and Staley are (one because of age and the other because of injury). Im going to go out on a limb here and say that you watched less than two starts for McGahee last year. The guy is going to get 30 carries a game this season. We also have something the Steelers didnt have, ST's. I dont know how you all think in Houston but in football ST's is just as important as any other part of the game. You WILL NOT see Losman throw more than 30 times at any point this season, write that down, tattoo it on yourself, whatever you all do there in Houston. People also forget that like Roethlisberger JP can run and doesnt need as good of an OL when he is outside the pocket buying himself sometime with his feet.
Old 09-10-2005   #90
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
The key is 3 new Texans starting LBs (Peek, Greenwood, Wong moving inside) vs. Willis McGahee (who i need to have a nice game for fantasy reasons... )

If McGahee dominates like he can, the game wont be in Losman's hands...
I think if McGahee starts running well the Texans stack the box and force Losman to throw, even Dare Losman to throw. Make him earn it in the air(which if there is man-on-man coverage he may be able to do).
Old 09-10-2005   #91
gr8slayer

Quote:
First the Bills OL has not been just as bad as ours. Maybe they have been bad but not even close to ours.

Carr and Dom have this season and next. Take that to the bank.
(Unless Carr has his worst season ever and the Texans go 3-13. Then who knows maybe heads will roll.)
If the Texans finish third again Dom is gone.
Old 09-10-2005   #92
gr8slayer

Quote:
I think if McGahee starts running well the Texans stack the box and force Losman to throw, even Dare Losman to throw. Make him earn it in the air(which if there is man-on-man coverage he may be able to do).
McGahee saw the box stacked ALL YEAR last year and did just fine, Im not too worried about the box. McGahee was also playing at 85% last season, according to him he is now back to his Miami days form. If he is right we might have a top five RB on our hands.
Old 09-10-2005   #93
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
So they were the number one D and we were number two. Shocking difference. I never said our OL was as good as theirs but our running game is. McGahee is twice the RB that the Bus and Staley are (one because of age and the other because of injury). Im going to go out on a limb here and say that you watched less than two starts for McGahee last year. The guy is going to get 30 carries this season. We also have something the Steelers didnt have, ST's. I dont know how you all think in Houston but in football ST's is just as important as any other part of the game. You WILL NOT see Losman throw more than 30 times at any point this season, write that down, tattoo it on yourself, whatever you all do there in Houston. People also forget that like Roethlisberger JP can run and doesnt need as good of an OL when he is outside the pocket buying himself sometime with his feet.
If Loeman ends up outside of the pocket throwing the ball he will get himself in trouble.

There is no way you can convince me that JP is walking into a situation even remotely close to the situation Roethlisberger had last year. More like the situation that Leftwich was in.
Old 09-10-2005   #94
gr8slayer

Quote:
If Loeman ends up outside of the pocket throwing the ball he will get himself in trouble.

There is no way you can convince me that JP is walking into a situation even remotely close to the situation Roethlisberger had last year. More like the situation that Leftwich was in.
Give me one thing other than OL the Steelers have that we dont have? The OL is a given when comparing them to any team.
Old 09-10-2005   #95
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
If the Texans finish third again Dom is gone.
They love Dom in Houston. The management loves him. Even in third place he gets 1 more year.

LOL Not sure why we are arguing over this as only CC and McNair can decide this.
Old 09-10-2005   #96
gr8slayer

Quote:

Thowing outside the pocket is what made him a first round pick. The guy played behind what many "draft experts" thought was one of the worst OL's in college football.
Old 09-10-2005   #97
gr8slayer

Quote:
They love Dom in Houston. The management loves him. Even in third place he gets 1 more year.

LOL Not sure why we are arguing over this as only CC and McNair can decide this.
Not arguing, just sharing opinions. I have a Parcells like view when it comes to football. Four years and your out of here. I hate rookies. I dont give respect untill a player puts up all star numbers. blah blah blah.
Old 09-10-2005   #98
gr8slayer

Alittle off subject but why doesnt this board allow sigs? The look is just very boring. Something to consider perhaps?
Old 09-10-2005   #99
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I don't think Carr will even be considered a "bust" unless he just starts tanking it left and right with no end. I mean his stats last year weren't great but through the first 6 games or so he was playing at Pro Bowl level.

I'm a Carr supporter but the main reason he may not have many statistical mistakes are because he spends most of the time dumping down and that helps him a lot statwise. His decision making still needs a lot of work, expect him to force it to AJ a few times and likely pay for it too when someone jumps the route.

Maybe it's just me but after seeing the preseason, these timing routes are kind of scaring me. Carr does so much locking on that the last thing he needs is more predictable routes. Of course things looked decent against Denver and Oakland so hopefully that will be the offense that shows up. The running game I'm not too worried about. Much less likely to turn it over and I have faith in our Oline and RBs to atleast get something done.

D, I don't feel too worried. As long as PB doesn't do anything too risky and the coaches don't do something dumb like give CC Brown a bunch of complex assignments, I'm not really worried. I know Willis is a great back (We very likely could have taken him 3rd overall if it wasnt for his blown knee) but I think our LBs can handle it. Well, I know Babin and Wong can, and Peek has played better in contain than he used to. Greenwood is still a little bit of a questionmark, but I think he'll come around too. Coleman and Robinson are the least of my worries going into the game. DL will have to get it done though, hopefully losing that weight will help them out.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #100
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Alittle off subject but why doesnt this board allow sigs? The look is just very boring. Something to consider perhaps?

I think it has to do with making page loading quicker and just keeping the board from looking too cluttered up. We haven't really gotten used to them around here so I don't think it's much of an issue to most people.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read