Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-09-2005   #61
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMoulds
And Willis would have scored 20 touchdowns had he started the whole year. Every team likes to punch it in when they're in the red zone. What's your point?
The point is that another WR on the Texans hasnt gotten 9 TDs in a season because of the way we play down in the redzone. Gaff and Bradford are rarely ever targeted in the redzone. It is a quick read to AJ, and if he is not open, a quick dump to Davis. It's Carr's fault for not looking to other WRs, he doesnt even give them a chance...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005   #62
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8slayer
Eric Moulds demands the double team too much to get any TD's. If you all are hurting so bad for a number two WR why didnt you draft one or a freaking LT! instead of drafting a damn DL this year?

Your front office is nuts man, David Carr is Drew Bledsoe to me untill he gets more help.

I would love for the Texans to be my number two favorite team (living in Texas and all) but your front office is too stupid IMO.
Trust me we needed to draft someone for the pass rush. We had an eye on a few recievers but they didn't drop to us in the draft. LT class was really weak this year. Next year is suppose to be one of the strongest Tackle classes ever.

Actually The Texans have been very successful with our draft pics. If they have done anything right it has been drafting. You have to remember as an expansion team we still have a lot of holes to fill.

Oh and Carr is nothing like Bledsoe. Carr is very Mobile, makes few mistakes. But he has been getting pounded on, gets very little time to throw, and doesn't have many weapons outside of Johnson and Davis.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005   #63
gr8slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
Trust me we needed to draft someone for the pass rush. We had an eye on a few recievers but they didn't drop to us in the draft. LT class was really weak this year. Next year is suppose to be one of the strongest Tackle classes ever.

Actually The Texans have been very successful with our draft pics. If they have done anything right it has been drafting. You have to remember as an expansion team we still have a lot of holes to fill.

Oh and Carr is nothing like Bledsoe. Carr is very Mobile, makes few mistakes. But he has been getting pounded on, gets very little time to throw, and doesn't have many weapons outside of Johnson and Davis.
I have also seen Carr make some VERY stupid mistakes that only QB's like Bledsoe would make. Like Losman, untill Carr puts up a Pro Bowl season he is just another first round bust in my eyes.
Old 09-09-2005   #64
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMoulds
And Willis would have scored 20 touchdowns had he started the whole year. Every team likes to punch it in when they're in the red zone. What's your point?
LOL you must have never seen a Texans game before.

1-10 run
2-long run
3-long run

Palmer likes to call runing plays, even when we should be passing.
Old 09-10-2005   #65
gr8slayer

Quote:
LOL you must have never seen a Texans game before.

1-10 run
2-long run
3-long run

Palmer likes to call runing plays, even when we should be passing.
Perhaps Palmer is your biggest problem.
Old 09-10-2005   #66
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
...and doesn't have many weapons outside of Johnson and Davis.
He has them, he just doesnt use them.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 09-10-2005   #67
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Perhaps Palmer is your biggest problem.
OHHHH NOOOOOO, this may turn into yet ANOTHER Palmer bashing thread very soon. Thank you very much

Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2005   #68
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
I have also seen Carr make some VERY stupid mistakes that only QB's like Bledsoe would make. Like Losman, untill Carr puts up a Pro Bowl season he is just another first round bust in my eyes.
Actually I post it somewhere on this board. A link on ESPN that measured QBs decision making. In the entire NFL only two QBs made fewer mistakes than Carr. Lots of his interceptions are from tipped balls. I'll see if I can find it.

No way you can call him a bust playing behind our offensive line. I don't think you truely grasp exactly how piss poor our O-line has been the last 3 years. It has been the worst in NFL history!!! Imagine being a rookie QB behind the worst O-line in NFL history!!!! Carr doesn't even know what pass protection is.
Old 09-10-2005   #69
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
OHHHH NOOOOOO, this may turn into yet ANOTHER Palmer bashing thread very soon. Thank you very much
I won't go into Palmer. But it seems to be the concensus around here that he will be the first to go. I'll leave it at that.
Old 09-10-2005   #70
gr8slayer

Quote:
Actually I post it somewhere on this board. A link on ESPN that measured QBs decision making. In the entire NFL only two QBs made fewer mistakes than Carr. Lots of his interceptions are from tipped balls. I'll see if I can find it.

No way you can call him a bust playing behind our offensive line. I don't think you truely grasp exactly how piss poor our O-line has been the last 3 years. It has been the worst in NFL history!!! Imagine being a rookie QB behind the worst O-line in NFL history!!!! Carr doesn't even know what pass protection is.
I have seen the Texans play both live and on TV enough to know that Carr is a bad QB. Im not trying to be a dick Im just giving my honest opinion on the guy. If Losman sucks this season I will be saying the same damn thing about him.
Old 09-10-2005   #71
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
He has them, he just doesnt use them.
In the .5 seconds of pass protection he gets he sees to options. Throw to the tall guy or dump off to the guy right in front of him. LOL

QBs field visions tends to improve around their 5th year in the league. Give him time.
Old 09-10-2005   #72
gr8slayer

Quote:
In the .5 seconds of pass protection he gets he sees to options. Throw to the tall guy or dump off to the guy right in front of him. LOL

QBs field visions tends to improve around their 5th year in the league. Give him time.
In the FA era you dont have five years to wait around though when it comes to a QB contract.
Old 09-10-2005   #73
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
I have seen the Texans play both live and on TV enough to know that Carr is a bad QB. Im not trying to be a dick Im just giving my honest opinion on the guy. If Losman sucks this season I will be saying the same damn thing about him.
No dissrepect to your opinion but a LOT of Experts would disagree with you. I am not going to waste any time convincing you otherwise. Just watch as many Texans games as you can this year.

Bills and Steelers are a tough start, defense wise, but it will get easier for him. I expect him to hit a nice 5-6 game midseason groove.
Old 09-10-2005   #74
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
In the FA era you dont have five years to wait around though when it comes to a QB contract.
Peyton Manning could not have played behind our O-line the last 3 years. For the first two years Carr didn't even have a solid #1 reciever let alone a good #2. If you know a lot about football and you actually watch all the texans games you would know that Carr is one of our bright spots...but alas Football is a team sport.

I wouldn't take JP Losman and your next years #1 pick for David Carr.
Old 09-10-2005   #75
gr8slayer

Quote:
No dissrepect to your opinion but a LOT of Experts would disagree with you. I am not going to waste any time convincing you otherwise. Just watch as many Texans games as you can this year.

Bills and Steelers are a tough start, defense wise, but it will get easier for him. I expect him to hit a nice 5-6 game midseason groove.
Living in Texas I dont have much of a choice but to watch Texan games. But if you can beat one of your first two opponents it will go a LONG way in proving alot of people wrong.

Its nice to see a realistic Texan fan that doesnt think this weeks game is going to be a cake walk.
Old 09-10-2005   #76
gr8slayer

Quote:
Peyton Manning could not have played behind our O-line the last 3 years. For the first two years Carr didn't even have a solid #1 reciever let alone a good #2. If you know a lot about football and you actually watch all the texans games you would know that Carr is one of our bright spots...but alas Football is a team sport.

I wouldn't take JP Losman and your next years #1 pick for David Carr.
We wouldnt give you JP for Carr and your number one next year either. Too much potential.
Old 09-10-2005   #77
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:

There were times when it was bad, but he still had times where he could have made plays to open WRs but didnt look their ways and locked down on Davis. And I mean LOCKED down on Davis. Davis wouldnt have turned around yet and Carr was already looking at him.

Old 09-10-2005   #78
gr8slayer

I am one of those people who thinks EVERYONE has four years to prove themselves once they are drafted. Correct me if Im wrong but this is Carr's fourth year correct?
Old 09-10-2005   #79
Ithaca Bills Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Last year, last year, last year. Big deal about last year.

And yet, your fellow Texans fans seem to care quite a bit about TWO years ago when you came to Buffalo and beat us. Hmm...
Ithaca Bills Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #80
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
Living in Texas I dont have much of a choice but to watch Texan games. But if you can beat one of your first two opponents it will go a LONG way in proving alot of people wrong.

Its nice to see a realistic Texan fan that doesnt think this weeks game is going to be a cake walk.
I know it won't be easy. I also know the Johnson/Nate match up is not really the key to the game. The key is how JP Losman plays.

This game could go either way. No honest Bills fan can tell me you aren't at least a little nervous about having a first time starter as your QB, (especially after his preseason).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read