Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-09-2005   #41
gr8slayer

Andre put up bad numbers against the teams I mentioned before hand. That was the whole point of the post.
Old 09-09-2005   #42
gr8slayer

Just a misunderstanding.
Old 09-09-2005   #43
eMoulds
Rookie

Andre will be partly shutdown by Clements and partly by the Bills pass rush.
eMoulds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005   #44
gr8slayer

Have you all seen a Defense like your about to see on Sunday? Im curious to know what was the last great D you all faced? Honest question.
Old 09-09-2005   #45
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8slayer
grrrrrrr..... I know Im going to get some flak for this but do you all realize that AJ only has ten TD's in his career? Thats not good for a "big WR play WR." Hell our rookie (Lee Evans) who no one in the NFL seems to know had nine last year alone.

IF I was going only by number I would say AJ is another Keyshawn, all yards no TD's. Anyway, just found those stats interesting and Keyshawn was the first person to come to mind.
Lack of a #2 receiver is taking a toll on Andre's scoring. Actually one of the main concerns of the team.

Eric Moulds didn't have very many TD's last year (5), because he drew the coverage and Evens got the TDs.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005   #46
gr8slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
Lack of a #2 receiver is taking a toll on Andre's scoring. Actually one of the main concerns of the team.

Eric Moulds didn't have very many TD's last year (5), because he drew the coverage and Evens got the TDs.
Eric Moulds demands the double team too much to get any TD's. If you all are hurting so bad for a number two WR why didnt you draft one or a freaking LT! instead of drafting a damn DL this year?

Your front office is nuts man, David Carr is Drew Bledsoe to me untill he gets more help.

I would love for the Texans to be my number two favorite team (living in Texas and all) but your front office is too stupid IMO.
Old 09-09-2005   #47
eMoulds
Rookie

Quote:

Which receiver benefited from Johnson and caught 9 TDs?

That's the difference between an elite WR like Moulds and one who isn't quite there yet like Johnson.
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2005   #48
gr8slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMoulds

That's the difference between an elite WR like Moulds and one who isn't quite there yet like Johnson.
Well, I wouldnt call Moulds elite anymore. But alot better than 80% of the WR's in the NFL, maybe.
Old 09-09-2005   #49
gr8slayer

LBC, another thing you must consider when thinking about Eric Moulds is the QB's who have been thrownig him the balls over the years.

Doug Flutie
Rob Johnson
Alex Van Pelt
Travis Brown
Drew Bledsoe

I mean come on.

There was actually a time three years ago where Philly offered Moulds a HUGE contract to go to Philly, he declined and took more money to remain a Bill. Just alittle Moulds history.
Old 09-09-2005   #50
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
Have you all seen a Defense like your about to see on Sunday? Im curious to know what was the last great D you all faced? Honest question.
Depends on how you meassure a great defense?
I think scoring is the most important stat. (Others may disagree)

- Jacksonville allowed less points than the Bills last year. We beat them 20-6, 21-0.
- Jets had a better Defense in both points allowed and yards than the Bills did last year. They shut us down. 29-7.

LOL we see you guys being more like the Jags, than the Jets. ( )
Old 09-09-2005   #51
eMoulds
Rookie

Quote:
Well, I wouldnt call Moulds elite anymore. But alot better than 80% of the WR's in the NFL, maybe.
He's averaged 85 catches over the past three years despite nagging injuries and constant double teams. Look for another season with close to 100 catches. He's still elite.
Old 09-09-2005   #52
gr8slayer

Quote:
Depends on how you meassure a great defense?
I think scoring is the most important stat. (Others may disagree)

- Jacksonville allowed less points than the Bills last year. We beat them 20-6, 21-0.
- Jets had a better Defense in both points allowed and yards than the Bills did last year. They shut us down. 29-7.

LOL we see you guys being more like the Jags, than the Jets. ( )
I would honestly like a link to your stats about the Jets vs. the Bills.

We beat the Jets last year

Our scoring Defense was amongst the best and we had the number one ST's, goodness stats get boring after a while.
Old 09-09-2005   #53
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:

Well, no one catches TDs on this team because once we get inside the 20, it becomes the re-run of "The Davis Show." Dumpoffs to Davis, runs to the left by Davis, runs to the right by Davis, runs up the middle to Davis. He even had a 5 yard TD reception last year. 11 of his 13 rushing TDs we from one yard out and another 1 from two yards out. (pretty sure, may have been one less one yarder and instead of that a 5 yarder).

We dont throw to WRs in the redzone. You may want to know that.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005   #54
gr8slayer

Quote:
He's averaged 85 catches over the past three years despite nagging injuries and constant double teams. Look for another season with close to 100 catches. He's still elite.
Elite is for guys like Moss, Owens, Harrison, Chad Johnson etc........

Moulds is more in the category with guys like Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith, maybe Andre Johnson etc.......... He has lost a step or two n the past few years.
Old 09-09-2005   #55
gr8slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Well, no one catches TDs on this team because once we get inside the 20, it becomes the re-run of "The Davis Show." Dumpoffs to Davis, runs to the left by Davis, runs to the right by Davis, runs up the middle to Davis. He even had a 5 yard TD reception last year. 11 of his 14 rushing TDs we from one yard out and another 1 from two yards out.
Do they not trust Johnson?
Old 09-09-2005   #56
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:

Actually all it shows is that we lack a #2 reciever the quality of Evans. It isn't a knock against Johnson.
Old 09-09-2005   #57
eMoulds
Rookie

Quote:
Well, no one catches TDs on this team because once we get inside the 20, it becomes the re-run of "The Davis Show." Dumpoffs to Davis, runs to the left by Davis, runs to the right by Davis, runs up the middle to Davis. He even had a 5 yard TD reception last year. 11 of his 14 rushing TDs we from one yard out and another 1 from two yards out.
And Willis would have scored 20 touchdowns had he started the whole year. Every team likes to punch it in when they're in the red zone. What's your point?
Old 09-09-2005   #58
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Do they not trust Johnson?
They dont trust Carr...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005   #59
gr8slayer

Quote:
They dont trust Carr...
Sounds like Johnson has the same problem Moulds has had all his career, bad QB play.
Old 09-09-2005   #60
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
I would honestly like a link to your stats about the Jets vs. the Bills.

We beat the Jets last year

Our scoring Defense was amongst the best and we had the number one ST's, goodness stats get boring after a while.
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...mstats2004.htm

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read