Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-09-2005   #1
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Default T.O. ...the nice guy?

http://www.terrellowens.com/press/news.php?newsid=35
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005   #2
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm struggling with this one. the magnitude of this sentiment and complete generosity, is something i'm having a rough time wrapping my head around for such a selfish individual ... as far as i can tell this is the single most valuable piece of jewelry owens has accumulated in his career. if all proceeds go to distaster relief funds i'll still hate him as a player, but as a man i'll have a serious newfound respect.
Old 09-09-2005   #3
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

This is why every high-profile player has an agent as well as a publicist. I'm not saying TO is a dirt bag or anything, but my bet is that someone else came up with this idea. I just don't see it in him to think of anyone but himself. Again, not a criticism... just an observation.
Old 09-09-2005   #4
erickwsmom
Rookie

I think it's great that he wants to do something, but why can't he just donate money instead of auctioning off something in order to give? I know he has the funds to give at least as much as he'll get for that ring.

All of us gave our hard-earned dollars and time to help. Why can't he?
erickwsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005   #5
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Honestly, I don't think it'll be much of a loss to Owens. I can't see him really caring about that ring.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPats
I'm not saying TO is a dirt bag or anything....

Then allow me. "TO is a dirt bag."

Owens does things like this. Al Capone donated to charities and Hitler kissed babies. Now am I comparing Terrell Owens to Al Capone and Adolf Hitler? Not really, I'm just demonstrating the point that bad people do good things all the time.

The real question is why's he doing it? Image rehabilitation? Lucid moment? We'll probably never know and I don't care. I hope that a) He gets as much money as possible for this ring because it's a really good cause, and b) He never gets his hands on another one of any kind because I hate to see a squealing man-brat like TO win at anything regardless of how much talent he has.
Old 09-09-2005   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Then allow me. "TO is a dirt bag."

Owens does things like this. Al Capone donated to charities and Hitler kissed babies. Now am I comparing Terrell Owens to Al Capone and Adolf Hitler? Not really, I'm just demonstrating the point that bad people do good things all the time.

The real question is why's he doing it? Image rehabilitation? Lucid moment? We'll probably never know and I don't care. I hope that a) He gets as much money as possible for this ring because it's a really good cause, and b) He never gets his hands on another one of any kind because I hate to see a squealing man-brat like TO win at anything regardless of how much talent he has.
VERY good points. It's the total sum of the person that matters--and I don't mean their net worth $$.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read