Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2005   #41
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
I would hope you would at least say Carr didn't give up today. He fought to the end. He ran the ball.
BS--he didn't go after the fumble, he didn't finish his run to get a 1st down, he didn't huddle the O on the sideline and lead. He wasn't the only problem today, but he was a big problem.
Old 09-11-2005   #42
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
We need to start a FIRE VINNY thread too................. You've never liked Carr from day 1 Vinny. But you won't admit it. There is nothing wrong with Carr that a good QB coach and good OC couldn't fix. There are many teams in the NFL that would love to have Carr. I would even say Sam at Buffalo would love to have Carr. People know that Carr has heart and capability, but he's on a ball club that's incapable of using his talents. Vinny get off his back and on to the backs of the coaches. They are the problem not the players and I have been saying that for a long time. This team is going nowhere until the coaches are gone. We need to get rid of every last coach on this ball club. Its over, its done, you have seen the results of one year of thinking how to improve the O-line and the offense. You got a net zero year of thought.........................
Line wasn't stellar but give me a break, Carr did nothing today. He threw a nice ball to Gaffney but it's bad news when your best pass isn't even a completion.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #43
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Who designed all of the plays to go to AJ this year? Who said they had to get AJ more in the offense this year? Who said they needed another receiver to help AJ. If the OC and the coach are saying we are designing the offense around AJ what would you expect your QB to do? Unfortunately we had a player out today that might have changed some of this and that was Mathis. However, there is not another receiver that is stepping up including Gaffny. I have said from the beginning he would not be ready at the start of the season and I think that is the case. He's not ready, because he could not practice. I don't think he will be effective until the middle of the season if that. We simply cut the wrong players offensively, but that's my opinion.................
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #44
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, Vinny but you refuse to say you have been on Carr's case since day 1 and you seem to like the coaches. We have a fundamental disagreement on what the problem is. I would hope you would at least say Carr didn't give up today. He fought to the end. He ran the ball. How much of the offense was generated by Carr's runs. Much of his offense was negated by sacks. Most of what we had was because of Carr. The guy gives his all, but if you telegraph to the other team( OC ) what you are going to do all the time what do you expect? I don't think you are capable of being critical of the coaching staff. Please Vinny with all do respect. Open your eyes to the problem at hand.
wow.. yes Carr can run. What I saw today is the same I saw the last 3 years.. He locks onto receivers, and doesn't spread the ball around consistantly.. It is either 1st option or DD... I honestly don't think he reads defenses well .. Blame that on the OL and the time he isn't given.. . Carr can make the throws and we have seen it, but He looks lost at times
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #45
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
That's considered "one pass". Carr had a wretched day. Hard to defend it.
He layed one right into Bradfords hands, did you forget that one too? Ever see any seperation from Gaffney? Did you see Murphy no go after a nice lob? What game are you watching?
Old 09-11-2005   #46
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
BS--he didn't go after the fumble, he didn't finish his run to get a 1st down, he didn't huddle the O on the sideline and lead. He wasn't the only problem today, but he was a big problem.
Yea i saw him on his butt too. They had tremendous pressure up the middle. Not a leader? He made a fantastic reach for our only TD. It's been proven time and time again, you give him time to throw and he makes plays.
Old 09-11-2005   #47
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr makes slow decisions. Even the best lines you usually only have 5-6 seconds on a given play and when Carr rushes his decision making, bad things seem to result. On the first pick, Wade and Wiegert both get used and Carr tries to escape. I think he can only focus on one thing at a time, i.e. avoiding the rush and isn't able to locate receivers at the same time. If you're going to be a good QB you have to be better at split-second multi-tasking.
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2005   #48
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Any of you ever notice how our recievers usually have someone within a step of them as the ball arrives but our opponents recievers always seem to catch the ball in space with nobody around them?

I'm curious as to why that is. Does our defense stink or is it our offense that stinks?
Old 09-11-2005   #49
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
He layed one right into Bradfords hands, did you forget that one too? Ever see any seperation from Gaffney? Did you see Murphy no go after a nice lob? What game are you watching?
I kind of expect a NFL QB to get at least a few passes in the WR's hands. Yeah, kudos for a handfull of nice passes.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #50
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Any of you ever notice how our recievers usually have someone within a step of them as the ball arrives but our opponents recievers always seem to catch the ball in space with nobody around them?

I'm curious as to why that is. Does our defense stink or is it our offense that stinks?
It could have a lot to do with Carr waiting too long to throw it. You have to anticipate the receiver being open much of the time and Carr either forces it or needs someone to be wide open for about 10 yards in each direction. He either doesn't trust the receivers and the routes they are running or just, like I said before is too slow in his decision making.

Old 09-11-2005   #51
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr dropped the ball down closer to his hip than shoulder when it was batted out .

Carr has lost his confidence . He also has lived a charmed NFL life until now . He's not responding well to the pressure of carrying a team.

I saw a second and 20 and Carr audibles into a run for 3yds. What the heck do you expect on a 3rd and 17 the defense to count to 3 mississippi ?
I saw early in the game where Carr would 'nt look down the field . He just wants to dump the ball off . Did'nt Carr just throw one deep ball ?

After that game is there anyone who would'nt trade for Losman head up for Carr ?
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #52
Elite
Veteran

i honestly rather have john kitna over david carr right now charley get on the phones oh no that would only mean your accepting your wrong for drafting david a WAC qb who looked good in college since he played nobody.

Last edited by Elite; 09-12-2005 at 08:59 AM.
Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #53
cptnbreakdance
Veteran

Guy's honestly,

How can we sit here and bash a guy who almost gets knocked unconcious every time there's a pass play. Our oline was literally getting thrown around like rag dools out there today. We need new oline tallent and thats that. Not a new scheme, not new dropback patters for David, we need better, younger, olinemen, and quick give ross verba what he want and move him over to right tackle next year when we draft out new LT in the next draft.
Old 09-11-2005   #54
TRAILERPARKBOYS
Rookie

I've had enough !! David Carr will never and repeat NEVER win a superbowl as a starter... he may hold the clipboard for some stud on another team 1 day and win a ring but he will never everrrrr win the big one as a starter - you can take that to the bank !! 70 yards passing?? 9 complete passes all game- ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDIN ME?? You have a stud in A.Johnson and he catches 3 balls for a measly 18 yds... whats wrong with this picture? I will run threw the streets naked the day Carr throws for over 300 yards and 4 TD's.... Throw the ball downfield - go vertical - spread the defense... how many 2nd and 8, 3rd and 7 do we have to see every game????

OUT.........
BUBBLES
TRAILERPARKBOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #55
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
i honestly rather have john kitna over david carr right now chaley get on the phones oh no that would only mean your accepting your wrong for drafting david a WAC qb who looked good in college since he played nobody.
Quote:
I've had enough !! David Carr will never and repeat NEVER win a superbowl as a starter...
I think you're both missing the point. NO quarterback in the NFL (Kitna, especially) will ever win a Super Bowl on this team as it is currently comprised. Not Manning, not Culpepper, not even Tom Brady. There are so many deficiencies around Carr right now that are preventing him (and AJ) from fulfilling their potential. Carr has plenty of problems with his game, but I submit that he's no worse than an y QB you had put on this team from Game One in 2002 and ran through the same scenario.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #56
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

What I saw today was Carr doing everything he could to help this team, including throwing up prayers, like one to Bradford that landed right where it needed to and was dropped, and hoping they wouldn't be intercepted like they should have been. He ran for his life, dove for firstdowns (and a touchdown), and put up with no protection at all. To say that he locks in on AJ is wrong. First of all, it's not just AJ, it's whoever the first choice is on the play. After that, he is flat out of time and running for his life. DD gets all those dumps because Carr knows the dump to DD won't get picked (nobody covering him up close behind the line). Carr is lucky to get 2 seconds right now. Yes, he made a couple of bad throws (well, at least one bouncer that I can remember offhand), but who wouldn't? You gonna tell me that Manning could have gone out there and passed for 300 yds. and 3 tds. or whatever with no picks. I don't think so. Manning would have done better, but would still have under 100 yds. passing on the day and 1 pick. No QB can be a star with the opponents' entire front 7 climbing on his back.

Throw in Bradford as a starter, 3 guys on AJ, no run blocking either, and you have DD with a, respectable under the circumstances, 50 yds. (approx) rushing and Carr running with the ball on every so-called pass play.

Last edited by HJam72; 09-12-2005 at 04:08 AM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #57
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel

I think pressure has a lot to do with it. Just compare the time Losman had to throw to the amount of time Carr did. The Buffalo receivers had plenty of time to find a soft spot in the zone coverage or to get seperation in man coverage. What's worse is that we did blitz quite a bit, and got no results. Remember the safety blitz where C.C. Brown got to Losman but missed him? Morlon and Wong were sent on blitzes too, but neither of them got close to JP. Also, I think Buchanon getting picked on early and getting lit up made the defense do a little more zone than man.

Carr on the other hand didn't have much time at all today, and when he did get a pass off he was staring down his receiver the entire time. The interception by Vincent was all on Carr. He was directing AJ to run up field, and he didn't get the ball high enough. One thing that puzzled me was why we didn't throw more screen passes. If you're facing an aggressive blitzing team it seems logical to call a screen pass now and then to keep them honest.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #58
lucky13

how about bashing the fans and front office? carr isn't digressing- his flaws have been evident since college. you don't learn proper mechanics or how to look off receivers at this age- you learned it when you were 19 at the latest, or, to an extent, you were "born" with it.

carr isn't the texans biggest problem. it is charlie casserly's wretched drafting and decision-making that is, along with bob mcnair's refusal to spend to the cap to procure quality free agents. you can't have tony hollings, bennie joppru, and jonathan babin to show for what he paid for them, and you can't have gary walker to show for a generous expansion draft.
Old 09-12-2005   #59
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I will continue my take on every Carr thread. We need to measure him on the plays that he has time to throw the ball. I have not seen him throw it well even in these limited instances, but I will digress for the Carr homers believe that the OLine are a bunch of Judases.

At the very least lets begin to have a forum on his opportunities to make something happen as we need to have a real dialogue on whether or not we spend more money on this guy after this year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read