Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2005   #21
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default curious?

2? Besides, Johnson---1000 yds? Davis wasn't even close (588), so who
are you refering to ?
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #22
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
2? Besides, Johnson---1000 yds? Davis wasn't even close (588), so who
are you refering to ?
It's the coulda, woulda, shoulda NEW math.
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #23
Philisophical Troll
Rookie

Question

In a nutshell....

Carr's strengths: He's marginally better than Ryan Leaf

Weaknesses: He's soon to join legendary names like Rick Mirer, Cade Mcnown, Heath Shuler and Akili Smith
Old 09-11-2005   #24
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
You forget about McNair, Plummer, Brady (underrated mobility) Roethlisberger, and Aaron Brooks
I did forget about Brooks. I don't rank any of the others you listed better than Carr in that department.
eriadoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #25
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot of times, Carr only had time to see the first read and that was it. If the first read (whether Johnson or somebody else [Bradford]--who never was open, bye the way) wasn't open, he dumped it to DD, which happened A LOT. It's not that he was zoned in to one receiver. He just felt serious pressure every time he even thought about looking to the second read, let alone any other one beside DD, who would always be open in the backfield. Oh, and it's not like Bruener is out there wide open screaming, "Touchdown, right here!" We need to give Carr some pass protection. Of course, Bruener stayed home and blocked mostly, I'm sure.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #26
Elite
Veteran

David Carr is the greatest he's a sure fire hall of famer lol now i just sound like all the other homers in this message boards lol. he's strentgh are that he has a great role model to follow out of freno state trent the great dilfer but carr will never even be half the QB trent is so lets just bomb this season and get ready to draft matt LionHeart oh it even sounds good im sorry for venting guys but david carr just sucks and may be yall will see it after this performance.
Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #27
NJTexanFan
Rookie

I have sit back and watch david carr have bad stats for 3 years and this is possibly the 4th year, face it he's not a good quarterback he makes the worst decisions i seen a quarterback make, he has the same stats as joey harrington and you can't use the expansion team excuse cuz i believe kerry collins was in the same situation we need a new quarterback, Tony Banks can do better then he's doing
NJTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2005   #28
DomDavis
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 DomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTexanFan
I have sit back and watch david carr have bad stats for 3 years and this is possibly the 4th year, face it he's not a good quarterback he makes the worst decisions i seen a quarterback make, he has the same stats as joey harrington and you can't use the expansion team excuse cuz i believe kerry collins was in the same situation we need a new quarterback, Tony Banks can do better then he's doing
The Panthers went a different route than the Texans and loaded up with veterans around Collins. Completely different scenario.

Carr had an 83.5 rating last year to 77.5 for Harrington. He's ahead by about the same margin in terms of career rating compared to Harrington. How those are the "same stats" I'd like to understand.
DomDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #29
Elite
Veteran

david carr
Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
16 16 466 285 61.2 3531 7.58 69 16 14 49/301 47 6 83.5

Joey
Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate

16 16 489 274 56.0 3047 6.23 62 19 12 36/196 43 4 77.5
look at td to interception ration
Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #30
touttail
All Pro

I think he needs to grow his hair back out--it's the hair man---it's the hair.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #31
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Strength:: Has the ability to get up and worry about his hair

Weakness:: His O line
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #32
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
I think he needs to grow his hair back out--it's the hair man---it's the hair.

bobby 119C
It's what is under the hair that is the problem.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #33
SESupergenius

You've got to be kidding me. You still think it's Carrs fault? That is too funny. He pings a straight dart off of Gaffney's shoulder who wasn't even looking for the ball at all. That is hilarious. A perfect strike at him and its Carrs fault. He was under constant pressure and it's Carr's fault. This is a joke.
Old 09-11-2005   #34
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

That's considered "one pass". Carr had a wretched day. Hard to defend it.

Old 09-11-2005   #35
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
It's what is under the hair that is the problem.

We need to start a FIRE VINNY thread too................. You've never liked Carr from day 1 Vinny. But you won't admit it. There is nothing wrong with Carr that a good QB coach and good OC couldn't fix. There are many teams in the NFL that would love to have Carr. I would even say Sam at Buffalo would love to have Carr. People know that Carr has heart and capability, but he's on a ball club that's incapable of using his talents. Vinny get off his back and on to the backs of the coaches. They are the problem not the players and I have been saying that for a long time. This team is going nowhere until the coaches are gone. We need to get rid of every last coach on this ball club. Its over, its done, you have seen the results of one year of thinking how to improve the O-line and the offense. You got a net zero year of thought.........................
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #36
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
We need to start a FIRE VINNY thread too................. You've never liked Carr from day 1 Vinny. But you won't admit it. There is nothing wrong with Carr that a good QB coach and good OC couldn't fix. There are many teams in the NFL that would love to have Carr. I would even say Sam at Buffalo would love to have Carr. People know that Carr has heart and capability, but he's on a ball club that's incable of using his talents. Vinny get off his back and on to the backs of the coaches. They are the problem not the players and I have been saying that for a long time. This team is going nowhere until the coaches are gone. We need to get rid of every last coach on this ball club. Its over, its done, you have seen the results of one year of thinking how to improve the O-line and the offense. You got a net zero year of thought.........................
Fire me if you want. The pay is lousy. I just talk football. If I think the QB play is bad I say it. Simple stuff.

Old 09-11-2005   #37
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
You've got to be kidding me. You still think it's Carrs fault? That is too funny. He pings a straight dart off of Gaffney's shoulder who wasn't even looking for the ball at all. That is hilarious. A perfect strike at him and its Carrs fault. He was under constant pressure and it's Carr's fault. This is a joke.
A joke was the pass that Carr rolled out to his left and bounced the ball roughly 5 yards from AJ
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #38
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
get off his back and on to the backs of the coaches. They are the problem not the players and I have been saying that for a long time.
Hey after today, the coaches certainly gave some fodder to the fire the coaches people, but you need to get off Carr's jock. He played miserably today, as he played miserably in the last two games of the pre-season. He shares in the blame for this debacle.
Old 09-11-2005   #39
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Fire me if you want. The pay is lousy. I just talk football. If I think the QB play is bad I say it. Simple stuff.
Yes, Vinny but you refuse to say you have been on Carr's case since day 1 and you seem to like the coaches. We have a fundamental disagreement on what the problem is. I would hope you would at least say Carr didn't give up today. He fought to the end. He ran the ball. How much of the offense was generated by Carr's runs. Much of his offense was negated by sacks. Most of what we had was because of Carr. The guy gives his all, but if you telegraph to the other team( OC ) what you are going to do all the time what do you expect? I don't think you are capable of being critical of the coaching staff. Please Vinny with all do respect. Open your eyes to the problem at hand.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #40
Vinny
shiny happy fan

It's called "opinions"....sometimes they differ from person to person.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read