Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2005   #41
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbills4life
I think y'all should start Banks over Carr.
That is hilarious. I bet you do.
Old 09-09-2005   #42
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Haha! Yeah Bench Carr and start Howdy Doodey.

Vinny is having a field day just like the one I have on "Fire Palmer Threads"

Ya'll are chicken littles!
How so? Do you even read the content of the posts, or do you just latch on to the most negative thing you can perceive? I'm in dissagreement with his benching btw.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Old 09-09-2005   #43
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Save this quote...write this down...w/e the hell you want to do.

After Sunday, all this bs about benching Carr will cease to exist.
Old 09-09-2005   #44
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

this is so mis-directed surely you mean fire Palmer

seriously can we play at least ONE GAME before we write off our franchise QB & the season as long as we're at it :brickwall
Old 09-09-2005   #45
bbills4life
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafterticket
That is hilarious. I bet you do.
I truly think that Banks is better than Carr.
Old 09-09-2005   #46
done88
Veteran

Can't we block posts like this so we can talk about real football material. Anyine who wants to bench Carr before the regular season starts is as bad as any troll coming through here.
Old 09-09-2005   #47
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude, you're truly either A) ignorant or B) have never watched Banks play or C) both. My money is on C.

Carr is nothing more than an average QB, but Banks is horrible.
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2005   #48
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I keep pushin the buttons and nothing happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchdavidcarr
It's about time someone did something about this. Recently, this topic has been hot on local radio shows but not until now, the online petition! Show your support for Dave Ragone by signing the petition which aims to bench Texans "franchise player" David Carr. Also, tell your friends and hopefully this thing will get enough signatures to draw some attention. When it comes down to it, although many Texans fans adore Carr the person, I think they're ready for a change on the field.

http://www.petitiononline.com/dcarr

SIGN IT! SPREAD THE WORD!
Glad to see Ragone got his dad's computer back up. My opinion on Carr has not changed. Give him a line . let's go to the play offs. He's a good guy, he works hard and after the effort he dispalyed against Atlanta a couple of season's ago, I'm convinced Carr would play even with out the big Money. Some guys just love the game. He wants to win and he's a competitor. He's not Steve Young, but He's moblie. He's not, Brady, but he is accurate. He's not Marino, but he does have a great arm, and he can throw all of the throws. As an Old Oiler fan, i can tell you first hand, rebuilding at QB is the surest way to get to 1-14. Go away and go bother Biggio and Bagwell. They still play for the stros right ?
Old 09-09-2005   #49
bbills4life
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Dude, you're truly either A) ignorant or B) have never watched Banks play or C) both. My money is on C.

Carr is nothing more than an average QB, but Banks is horrible.
I'm trying to make a point. Whoever thinks Carr should be benched doesn't know their tail from a hole in the wall. This guy is your future. If y'all had a good OL, he has the potential to be a GREAT QB.
Old 09-09-2005   #50
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Stop it! Don't kill me before Sunday!
Old 09-09-2005   #51
Haams
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3960AD
See when you bench a QB, you do so knowing your 2nd or 3rd guy can step in and do decent. I'm not too confident in any of the other QBs behind Carr. As I see it, Carr would have to be hurt before I would bench him. And hurt badly...
I'm thinking hurt to the point where there's no pulse. I would take Carr in a coma over Ragone.
Old 09-09-2005   #52
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

i think BenchDavidCarr and Jakebrake should get together...
Old 09-09-2005   #53
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Ya'll are chicken littles!
And somewhere in Texas Cak's head just exploded.
Old 09-09-2005   #54
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
And somewhere in Texas Cak's head just exploded.

I just don't understand where the urge to stick an apostrophe in the middle of the word with no missing letters comes from--helloo, the ou are missing not anything from all. Plus, it makes us look like ignorant rednecks because we can't spell our own colloquialisms.
Old 09-09-2005   #55
SESupergenius

f'em. That one works fine. Y'all.

Old 09-09-2005   #56
touttail
All Pro

i am like Vinny. This will be a break out year for Carr. I will wait and see berfore signing your petetion. Maybe next year.

Bobby 119C
Old 09-09-2005   #57
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Dave Ragone needs to quit starting threads.
Old 09-09-2005   #58
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete
. As an Old Oiler fan, i can tell you first hand, rebuilding at QB is the surest way to get to 1-14.

Anyone else remember Cody Carlson and Gif Nielson ..... UG!
Old 09-09-2005   #59
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
those guys were great quarterbacks...err....if only it had been flag football instead of tackle
Old 09-09-2005   #60
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Yeah, I remember them....My dad says that he would take both of them over ex-Oiler QB Don Trull. My dad said that Trull was supposed to be the savior for Houston, but turned out to be one of the biggest busts.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read