Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005   #1
benchdavidcarr
waterboy

Default Bench David Carr!

It's about time someone did something about this. Recently, this topic has been hot on local radio shows but not until now, the online petition! Show your support for Dave Ragone by signing the petition which aims to bench Texans "franchise player" David Carr. Also, tell your friends and hopefully this thing will get enough signatures to draw some attention. When it comes down to it, although many Texans fans adore Carr the person, I think they're ready for a change on the field.

http://www.petitiononline.com/dcarr

SIGN IT! SPREAD THE WORD!
Old 09-08-2005   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll just post the same thing I posted at HPF when you put up the same thread...

I've been a Carr cynic from day one (as we all know here) but I think he is our best option and is still better than Ragone this year. He had 3800 yards passing last year and he should put up something around that number again this year. I do think he has big holes in his game, but he is tough and works hard. This will be a pivotal season for DC but I'm not ready to bench him...not this year. Quiz me next season though, because this is a make or break year for Carr.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Old 09-08-2005   #3
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I'll just post the same thing I posted at HPF when you put up the same thread...

I've been a Carr cynic from day one (as we all know here) but I think he is our best option and is still better than Ragone this year. He had 3800 yards passing last year and he should put up something around that number again this year. I do think he has big holes in his game, but he is tough and works hard. This will be a pivotal season for DC but I'm not ready to bench him...not this year. Quiz me next season though, because this is a make or break year for Carr.
...think it was closer to 3500 yds
Old 09-08-2005   #4
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

I really don't see how you expect Carr to be much better than last year with the same O-line... granted the new scheme of shorter drops and routes will keep him from getting hit as often, but will also prevent him from being able to watch more than one receiver. IMHO, it will be next year that will be the year for DC to show us something better. Till then, sit back, enjoy the tailgating, bash JJ, the cowgirls, and of course, Bud the dud Adams.

Old 09-08-2005   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
...think it was closer to 3500 yds
Yeah it was...I have my projections on my mind. I projected him to 3800 early in the preseason. The point is the same though. Only Brady, Manning, Green and Plummer threw for more yards than Carr did last year in the AFC. That's not too bad since he had the worst line of that group.

Old 09-08-2005   #6
Doom Capers
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchdavidcarr
It's about time someone did something about this. Recently, this topic has been hot on local radio shows but not until now, the online petition! Show your support for Dave Ragone by signing the petition which aims to bench Texans "franchise player" David Carr. Also, tell your friends and hopefully this thing will get enough signatures to draw some attention. When it comes down to it, although many Texans fans adore Carr the person, I think they're ready for a change on the field.

http://www.petitiononline.com/dcarr

SIGN IT! SPREAD THE WORD!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha
Old 09-08-2005   #7
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

1 whopping signature by a Bills fan. Nice try guys.

Countdown to deletion.
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2005   #8
Elite
Veteran

i signed it but i do believe he's our best option this year i cant wait until we draft matt leinhart next year cross your fingers guys.
Old 09-09-2005   #9
fisherflo
Rookie

boy.... I think its time for you to go to sleep....how dare you insinuate such attrocity.........bismurch on you!!!
Old 09-09-2005   #10
3960AD
Rookie

See when you bench a QB, you do so knowing your 2nd or 3rd guy can step in and do decent. I'm not too confident in any of the other QBs behind Carr. As I see it, Carr would have to be hurt before I would bench him. And hurt badly...
Old 09-09-2005   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Forget Dave Ragone. What do you honestly think Peyton Manning would be able to do on this team, as it stands right now? I will say right now -- not much better. Manning's gone through his trials and tribulations and is probably the elite QB in the league right now and I honestly don't think he'd do much better than Carr on this team. QBs get too much blame for things going wrong and too much credit for things going well.
Old 09-09-2005   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc
Forget Dave Ragone. What do you honestly think Peyton Manning would be able to do on this team, as it stands right now?
Improve it quite a bit. No way you can put Carr in elite QB status. We were a few big plays away from having a 9-7 season last year. I don't want to say Ragone will be this or that, but most people didn't think Brady had a snoball's chance in heck replacing first overall pick Drew Bledsoe a few years ago. Look where late round pick Brady is and look at Drew's career now.

Old 09-09-2005   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

This and the post @ HPF have something in common .....

Mutually Assured Destruction !

Forget It , Carr is the Texans best option right now .... Talk to me when the Texans have a better option ....which I dont see in the near future . The front office and coaching staff are dedicated to Carr 100% as are most Texans fans THIS SEASON even if they dont think he is the QB to take this team to the promissed land .
Old 09-09-2005   #14
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Improve it quite a bit. No way you can put Carr in elite QB status.
I totally agree you cannot put Carr in the elite QB status yet - maybe never. My point is simply that an elite QB is one who can excel when put in a position to do so. Manning was put in a position to do so, and he performed. So he deserves the title. I seriously doubt he would be able to do many of the things we're accustomed to seeing from Manning on this team, in this offense. That's my point, and where I disagree with you. Conversely put, how do you see Carr doing after 3 years in Indy's offense, rather than ours? I think you'd see a great QB. Carr may very well end up being a QB that we never find out how good he could have been, but the Carr bashing is getting pretty ridiculous.
Old 09-09-2005   #15
aggieNzona
Rookie

Default Bring back Bucky

Richardson!!!!!!
What is he up to these days????
Old 09-09-2005   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

None of this team's REGULAR SEASON problems have ever been Carr's fault. One thing though, Ragone and Banks could take sacks just as well as he can--although they might not keep getting back up. He also needs more than one receiver and DD on the field.

Old 09-09-2005   #17
lucky13

Quote:
Forget Dave Ragone. What do you honestly think Peyton Manning would be able to do on this team, as it stands right now? I will say right now -- not much better. Manning's gone through his trials and tribulations and is probably the elite QB in the league right now and I honestly don't think he'd do much better than Carr on this team. QBs get too much blame for things going wrong and too much credit for things going well.
you don't have to favor benching carr to avoid saying ridiculous things like "manning wouold do no better". give it a rest. carr is mediocre- he is not even able to carry manning's jock. manning has a better mind than carr, a better arm/mechanics than carr, and better field vision. he's had all of thsi since college- it's not "the system"

Old 09-09-2005   #18
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

PM is great, no doubt about it, but as for PM doing better that Carr on the Texans, I'm not so sure PM could stay healthy given the beating our O-line would ensure
Old 09-09-2005   #19
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
I totally agree you cannot put Carr in the elite QB status yet - maybe never. My point is simply that an elite QB is one who can excel when put in a position to do so. Manning was put in a position to do so, and he performed. So he deserves the title. I seriously doubt he would be able to do many of the things we're accustomed to seeing from Manning on this team, in this offense. That's my point, and where I disagree with you. Conversely put, how do you see Carr doing after 3 years in Indy's offense, rather than ours? I think you'd see a great QB. Carr may very well end up being a QB that we never find out how good he could have been, but the Carr bashing is getting pretty ridiculous.
Who is to say Manning didn't create the position he's in because he's an elite QB?
Old 09-09-2005   #20
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

Guys,

This thread is just...stupid. I am betting that if we even the Texans repeat last season's results they are not going to bench Carr. They will have too many other scapegoats to point at... starting with the offensive line and perhaps ending at play selection by Palmer.

I can see encouraging dialog and neophyte posts.....but what other purpose does this thread serve ?
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read